Me and My Family

Old Jul 11th 2021, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Greetings....

An Interesting Discovery.

I was cleaning my CP from rubbish which tends to build up and noticed an audio recording. It was transferred some time ago from my lap top and I think I only heard it once and had forgotten about it. It is a recording I set up when I confronted WW about a complaint I received from our landlord that we were 42k in arrears on rent. I gave her 39k pm allowance which included 10k pm rent. I was somewhat prepared for this because she could not always produce a receipt making some excuse or other. I dont think this was mentioned to my attorney. Anyway., I thought I would listen to it again before I deleted it. The audio is poor but the salient parts were reasonable.

Basically, after finally admitting she defaulted on the rent, she went on to explain that the reason was because she was paying off creditors from her failed on line jewelry business. The interesting bit was that she said she to had to pawn all her jewelry to do so also... About 100k. I was already dealing with her debtors to the tune of 97k. Now this got me thinking. So she was claiming that her jewelry business crashed with debts of nearly 250k in total??!! Just not feasible. She claims the problem was because her dealer reneged on the transaction. Dealer received the money....but did not send the goods. Unlikely. From memory she only transacted maybe 3 or 4 times per month. Nothing on a scale to lose 250k. This got me thinking more.

Prior to this I posted that I was alarmed that she was pawning her jewelry each month. I cannot remember the amounts ....probably about 20 - 30k. each month. I intend to trawl back through my posts and find out more. But here is what I think may have happened.....purely conjecture. She scammed all those customers. Sent the money off.....pawned the jewelry and kept the money for herself to the tune of 97k. Hence the regular pawning. She blamed it on the supplier knowing that when the sh.. hit the fan I would sort it out. Now.....going back. If what she says is correct and she pawned HER jewelry to pay off debts .....how did she accrue that 100k in the first place? Profits? Supposing she had a 10% mark up.....she would have had to sell to the tune of one million. Impossible. Even 20% is very unlikely. If the debts were really 240k (100 + 97 + 42) as is supposed....she would have had to sell 2.4 million on 10% mark-up. Yes. She was correct. She pawned 100k of jewelry.....but it was the customers jewelry. Not hers. This is how I got lumbered with 97.5k of customers debt and paid every centavo. This begs another question. What did she spend the 100k and 42k rent on? Lets just say that I ignored the rumours that she had bought her bf a car.

I shall inform my attorney tomorrow of my findings and suspicions. The minimum I have got is that if she denies the rent arrears and 100k of jewelry in court , I have got evidence to the contrary. When the court hears that she admitted on audio that she owned 100k of jewelry.....then it should put paid to the perception that she has given that she was just a poor girl economically violated on only 8k pm allowance whilst we were living together. Her two sessions of cross examination will be interesting.

Regards
Old Jul 17th 2021, 1:42 pm
EG1
Banned

EG1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings....

An Interesting Discovery.

I was cleaning my CP from rubbish which tends to build up and noticed an audio recording. It was transferred some time ago from my lap top and I think I only heard it once and had forgotten about it. It is a recording I set up when I confronted WW about a complaint I received from our landlord that we were 42k in arrears on rent. I gave her 39k pm allowance which included 10k pm rent. I was somewhat prepared for this because she could not always produce a receipt making some excuse or other. I dont think this was mentioned to my attorney. Anyway., I thought I would listen to it again before I deleted it. The audio is poor but the salient parts were reasonable.

Basically, after finally admitting she defaulted on the rent, she went on to explain that the reason was because she was paying off creditors from her failed on line jewelry business. The interesting bit was that she said she to had to pawn all her jewelry to do so also... About 100k. I was already dealing with her debtors to the tune of 97k. Now this got me thinking. So she was claiming that her jewelry business crashed with debts of nearly 250k in total??!! Just not feasible. She claims the problem was because her dealer reneged on the transaction. Dealer received the money....but did not send the goods. Unlikely. From memory she only transacted maybe 3 or 4 times per month. Nothing on a scale to lose 250k. This got me thinking more.

Prior to this I posted that I was alarmed that she was pawning her jewelry each month. I cannot remember the amounts ....probably about 20 - 30k. each month. I intend to trawl back through my posts and find out more. But here is what I think may have happened.....purely conjecture. She scammed all those customers. Sent the money off.....pawned the jewelry and kept the money for herself to the tune of 97k. Hence the regular pawning. She blamed it on the supplier knowing that when the sh.. hit the fan I would sort it out. Now.....going back. If what she says is correct and she pawned HER jewelry to pay off debts .....how did she accrue that 100k in the first place? Profits? Supposing she had a 10% mark up.....she would have had to sell to the tune of one million. Impossible. Even 20% is very unlikely. If the debts were really 240k (100 + 97 + 42) as is supposed....she would have had to sell 2.4 million on 10% mark-up. Yes. She was correct. She pawned 100k of jewelry.....but it was the customers jewelry. Not hers. This is how I got lumbered with 97.5k of customers debt and paid every centavo. This begs another question. What did she spend the 100k and 42k rent on? Lets just say that I ignored the rumours that she had bought her bf a car.

I shall inform my attorney tomorrow of my findings and suspicions. The minimum I have got is that if she denies the rent arrears and 100k of jewelry in court , I have got evidence to the contrary. When the court hears that she admitted on audio that she owned 100k of jewelry.....then it should put paid to the perception that she has given that she was just a poor girl economically violated on only 8k pm allowance whilst we were living together. Her two sessions of cross examination will be interesting.

Regards
The "business" probably barely even existed; it was just another long con money-milking scam. You will never know how much she got out of you with her various tricks and lies but I have no doubt it is in the millions of pesos.

It's quite clear she is as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo, so this will be an interesting test of the Filipino justice system more than anything else.

Regarding leaving Philippines, you cannot leave while this case is ongoing? What happens if you just let your current visa run out? Will they accept the reason that you wanted to leave but could not? In a logical system, if they are forcing you to stay they could not very well demand you jump through all the hoops and pay all the fees to renew. But of course this is far from that.
Old Jul 18th 2021, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EG1
The "business" probably barely even existed; it was just another long con money-milking scam. You will never know how much she got out of you with her various tricks and lies but I have no doubt it is in the millions of pesos.

It's quite clear she is as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo, so this will be an interesting test of the Filipino justice system more than anything else.

Regarding leaving Philippines, you cannot leave while this case is ongoing? What happens if you just let your current visa run out? Will they accept the reason that you wanted to leave but could not? In a logical system, if they are forcing you to stay they could not very well demand you jump through all the hoops and pay all the fees to renew. But of course this is far from that.
Welcome EG1 to the site and thanks for taking an interest in my story.

The on line jewelry business existed for about 2 years from memory and was as you suggest small time. She was mainly selling to FB friends and relatives plus recommendations I guess. Her total known scamming from me totaled about 150k max.....not the millions you suggest.

My visa expired in March this year and had to make the visa run. I knew that I could not exit the country because of a criminal case against me. Indeed, I am told if I tried to exit the country I would most probably been arrested and placed in detention. So I applied for a Motion of Reconsideration to remain in the country until my case was finished. This application is still in progress. I seem to remember that the cost of this will be 15000k plus any other charges and penalties. Once it is approved I would be permitted to stay for 120 days from date of receipt of the approval letter. I am told that approval can take several months. However, it does seem ubiquitous that I have to to apply to stay when I am not permitted to leave. And then pay fees and penalties etc. I would have expected to pay just the normal visa extension fees. But not so.

Moving on....

In my last post I made an error of calculation relating to her income from her business. What I should have said that she admitted to her pawned jewelry of 100k (profits). Now to accrue that since the inception of her business she would have had to sell about one million peso assuming profits of 10%. Very improbable. More improbable is the deal that collapsed her business. The deal and money owed totalled her 100k pawned jewelry, my 92k to pay off the remaining debtors, and of course the 42k scammed from the rent. Total......close to 240,000k. For her to be involved in a deal of that magnitude is at best......unlikely.

Which got me thinking (belatedly). She was pawning jewelry to pay off her debts and the final 3 pawnings totalled 100,000 peso. But I think what she was doing with those three transactions was receiving the jewelry that was ordered and pawning them for herself. She pocketed the money. Then blaming the supplier knowing I would pick up the tab. Which I did....92k. Which got me thinking again. Where is the jewelry now? Still in the pawnshop? Doubt it. How could she buy the jewelry back? Easy, she scammed me. First was the fake burglary when she had 33k stolen from her purse. This was about two weeks after she confessed to her pawned jewelry. Next month January 2019 she got hypnotised after she allegedly withdrew about 25k from an ATM. The next month she claimed she was drugged in a taxi and lost about 25k. In April she claimed she lost 13k at a malfuntioning ATM. This was something I could check with the local bank manager. She was lying and I left her for a second time. During those 3 months she stated she had 7k stolen from her purse when coming out of Palawan This of course is all conjecture and difficult to prove. I should add that I replaced all the money that was lost.....totaling 103k. Enough to buy back her pawned jewelry. Coincidence? I think not.

Regards

Old Jul 18th 2021, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi P11,

The one big question i have is this-"Where did all of the money that she had scammed go to?"...She is skint now and is not dripping in gold,nor is she wearing the finest garments from the world's most exclusive fashion houses,i presume.She has had quite a bit of money through her hands from yourself and others down the years,

Again,the question is where do you think it has all gone to.?.Forgive me if i have missed something (and i may well have done just that) but with the money she has scammed,has she bought some land somewhere,or could it have gone to her Pinoy boyfriend ?..Throughout all of this tale you have maintained that her family have lost patience with her and are not happy with her..Is there any chance that they themselves may have been the main beneficiaries of her conniving all along,and they have just been pretending that they have sympathy for you?..A lot of the time over there i find that it is the family who are always the culprits when it comes down to sitting down and feeding on the carcass of some poor foreigner who has been bled dry.It's highly doubtful that they have not received their fair share of the loot in this sad tale.

Cheers.

Last edited by jaygee68; Jul 18th 2021 at 8:06 am.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:42 am
EG1
Banned

EG1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome EG1 to the site and thanks for taking an interest in my story.

The on line jewelry business existed for about 2 years from memory and was as you suggest small time. She was mainly selling to FB friends and relatives plus recommendations I guess. Her total known scamming from me totaled about 150k max.....not the millions you suggest.
But you said later in the same post that you also paid 103k for her lies about money stolen, scammed by malfunctioning ATMs (LOL) etc in addition to the 92k? So that's pretty much 200k right there. And this is just one particular scam that you found out about. How many other payouts on false pretenses in all the years you knew her? I shudder to think.

Originally Posted by jaygee68
Hi P11,

The one big question i have is this-"Where did all of the money that she had scammed go to?"...She is skint now and is not dripping in gold,nor is she wearing the finest garments from the world's most exclusive fashion houses,i presume.She has had quite a bit of money through her hands from yourself and others down the years,

Again,the question is where do you think it has all gone to.?.Forgive me if i have missed something (and i may well have done just that) but with the money she has scammed,has she bought some land somewhere,or could it have gone to her Pinoy boyfriend ?..Throughout all of this tale you have maintained that her family have lost patience with her and are not happy with her..Is there any chance that they themselves may have been the main beneficiaries of her conniving all along,and they have just been pretending that they have sympathy for you?..A lot of the time over there i find that it is the family who are always the culprits when it comes down to sitting down and feeding on the carcass of some poor foreigner who has been bled dry.It's highly doubtful that they have not received their fair share of the loot in this sad tale.

Cheers.
Third world people, and women in particular, have little concept of delayed gratification, impulse control, or long term living costs. Have money, spend money. And yes, I suspect the family were involved. Rule one if you're going to retire to the third world with a young girlfriend/wife: settle far away from the in-laws.

Re the visa, you have to pay 200 quid and change for an extra 4 months, but it takes them several months to approve so it's effectively 8 or 9 months (I assume you are not technically illegal while the application under approval?) Unfair as you say but not the worst deal, and the case will surely be over by the time it runs out, one way or another.

Will her cross-examination be done in person or online? In Tagalog or English? If both the latter, it would be hilariously epic if you uploaded it anonymously to Youtube.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi P11,

Cheers.
Im not sure what your experience is of Filipinos who come into money, but there are those, as Philo11 has found out, who can spend money just as quickly as it came. Suddenly, those shoes, bags, cosmetics are urgently upgraded from being something wanted to absolutely needed , and with nary a thought for tomorrow, the money came and was spent.
Add to that that whenever a person comes into money there are several hands that are out with long remembered cases of money previously lent owed and can you pay me back now please....etc.
Sadly few Filipinas know what saving is , or putting money aside..and yes hard to save when income is unstable or lacking know.
Sadly Philo11 is now missing money that he could have used significantly better on himself or the new gf, that no doubt, his ex beloved frittered away. This country is fun in many way and frustrating in equal ways......
Old Jul 19th 2021, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi P11,

Cheers.
A very good question and I think simple to answer. By her own admission, we know she had 100k of jewelry. So one of two things happened. Either she did actually pawn the jewelry and lost everything or more likely she redempted her jewelry and used the money to live on when I cut her off in January 2020. There are rumours that she bought her bf a car prior to when I left her. But I have no evidence of that. I very much doubt if her family benefited much if at all. If her family wanted help, she either refused or referred them to me. Her father contacted me about 6 months ago asking for a 5k loan to pay the rent. I refused and referred him to her. Her eldest sister asked me for a 3k loan about 5 weeks ago. I refused politely without mentioning that she owes me 5k from about 5 years ago.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Jul 19th 2021 at 3:59 am.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EG1
But you said later in the same post that you also paid 103k for her lies about money stolen, scammed by malfunctioning ATMs (LOL) etc in addition to the 92k? So that's pretty much 200k right there. And this is just one particular scam that you found out about. How many other payouts on false pretenses in all the years you knew her? I shudder to think.

Third world people, and women in particular, have little concept of delayed gratification, impulse control, or long term living costs. Have money, spend money. And yes, I suspect the family were involved. Rule one if you're going to retire to the third world with a young girlfriend/wife: settle far away from the in-laws.

Re the visa, you have to pay 200 quid and change for an extra 4 months, but it takes them several months to approve so it's effectively 8 or 9 months (I assume you are not technically illegal while the application under approval?) Unfair as you say but not the worst deal, and the case will surely be over by the time it runs out, one way or another.

Will her cross-examination be done in person or online? In Tagalog or English? If both the latter, it would be hilariously epic if you uploaded it anonymously to Youtube.
The 92k was not a scam but it was a known debt I paid for her.

No, I am not illegal. BI knows that I cannot leave the country and I am going through the correct procedures required by them.

Cross examination is undertaken in English. I expect that I will have to be present and video conference will not be permitted.

Regards
Old Jul 19th 2021, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by freebie
Im not sure what your experience is of Filipinos who come into money, but there are those, as Philo11 has found out, who can spend money just as quickly as it came. Suddenly, those shoes, bags, cosmetics are urgently upgraded from being something wanted to absolutely needed , and with nary a thought for tomorrow, the money came and was spent.
Add to that that whenever a person comes into money there are several hands that are out with long remembered cases of money previously lent owed and can you pay me back now please....etc.
Sadly few Filipinas know what saving is , or putting money aside..and yes hard to save when income is unstable or lacking know.
Sadly Philo11 is now missing money that he could have used significantly better on himself or the new gf, that no doubt, his ex beloved frittered away. This country is fun in many way and frustrating in equal ways......
I agree with every word you said. Thanks 👍

Regards
Old Jul 19th 2021, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

It was Noche Buena every day in my ex's family household...well it was when they had money anyway!
Old Jul 19th 2021, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

It was Noche Buena every day in my ex's family household...well it was when they had money anyway!
The phrase one day millionaires come to mind. No concept of saving etc. I am told that the pedicab and trike drivers that they finish work when they have made enough money to pay for food and emperordour for the day.

I told a story a while back that I gave the family 3k to start a savings fund after an altercation about a medical bill they could not pay. My ex told me that was pxxxed up against the wall after a few days.

Regards
Old Jul 20th 2021, 12:43 am
Ten
Forum Regular

Ten is an unknown quantity at this point

P 11 I do not believe you are in danger of going to a BI detention center. Before exiting your ECC clearance would be refused so not allowing you to exit. having said this I do know of one foreigner whom was over his 3 years stay and just went to airport, impossible to believe but he just went straight through without a question. Maybe a new officer or perhaps one finishing his shift, not worth the risk.

Please ensure you do keep an exact record and copies of all dealing with BI, it will be required in due course. Oh again best of British........
Old Jul 20th 2021, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ten
P 11 I do not believe you are in danger of going to a BI detention center. Before exiting your ECC clearance would be refused so not allowing you to exit. having said this I do know of one foreigner whom was over his 3 years stay and just went to airport, impossible to believe but he just went straight through without a question. Maybe a new officer or perhaps one finishing his shift, not worth the risk.

Please ensure you do keep an exact record and copies of all dealing with BI, it will be required in due course. Oh again best of British........
Thanks Ten and for your words of advice.

Yes I am keeping everything, in fact I have kept all BI documents etc since first date of arrival. Which reminds me. This applies to those with a Tourist Visa. At my local BI office they are asking for ALL visa extension receipts since last arrival which is a nonsense. If you have binned them you have to provide a notorised letter explaining why and to confirm that all dues were paid. If you have left them at home you have to write a letter to say that you will bring them next time. I dont know if this new requirement is nationwide or just local here.

You could be right about the BI Detention. It may well be that the foreigner I heard about committed a very serious crime and was trying to flee the country. Also, on my last visa extension I had the usual clean sheet as far as markers were concerned.

Regards
Old Jul 20th 2021, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ten and for your words of advice.

Yes I am keeping everything, in fact I have kept all BI documents etc since first date of arrival. Which reminds me. This applies to those with a Tourist Visa. At my local BI office they are asking for ALL visa extension receipts since last arrival which is a nonsense. If you have binned them you have to provide a notorised letter explaining why and to confirm that all dues were paid. If you have left them at home you have to write a letter to say that you will bring them next time. I dont know if this new requirement is nationwide or just local here.

You could be right about the BI Detention. It may well be that the foreigner I heard about committed a very serious crime and was trying to flee the country. Also, on my last visa extension I had the usual clean sheet as far as markers were concerned.

Regards
A law setting a limit on how far back in time organizations here can ask you to produce an OR would be good. Banning the practice completely is probably too much to ask for but it should be as always plenty of evidence that you've paid available to them. But they try to get the money twice instead.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

You would think that all the information would be available at the press of a keyboard…..fully computerized.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.