Me and My Family

Old Feb 4th 2020, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Yup... Because people like you are ignorant of the facts when I have clearly posted them. Perhaps you should update your self before posting crass comments
Nothing you have posted as a "fact" precludes the possibility that deep down you may be enjoying the drama of all this, it is just one possible explanation of why you have gone through all these past years and the continued drama.

I assume part of your motivation for this thread would have been to get sympathy or empathy, or advice. So reacting as you have recently may show there is some truth to some of the observations made. No one likes to hear of the problems you have gone through or apparently may be continuing to go through or may go through.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 10:45 am
Asian nomad

scrubbedexpat019 is an unknown quantity at this point

And PII has come up with another emotion-inducing twist to his seemingly endless saga. My old suspicions are returning. But then we owe PII a great vote of thanks for having made this thread THE most active one on an ongoing basis, in all BE. By comparison Malaysia and certainly Indonesia are mere sleepers.

And on another note. Following up on an oft-recurring thought i(okay, suspicion), I went to Google, input "longest running radio sagas" - and found this in Wikipedia -

One Man's Family, created by former San Francisco journalist Carlton E. Morse, and centered around the San Francisco-dwelling Barbour family, aired from April 29th, 1932 to May 8th, 1959, making it the longest-running uninterrupted serial in American radio.Aug 20, 2016

First episode date: April 29th, 1932

Country of origin: American

Two other possibilities (also from Wikipedia) - Days of Our Lives (also stylized as Days of our Lives; often abbreviated to DOOL or Days) is an American daytimesoap opera broadcast on NBC. It is one of the longest-running scripted television programs in the world, airing nearly every weekday since November 8, 1965.

Portia Faces Life is an American soap opera first broadcast over radio from 1940 to 1953, and also on television for a single season in the mid-1950s. It began in syndication on April 1, 1940, and was broadcast on some stations that carried NBC programs, although it does not seem to have been an official part of that network's programming. The original title was Portia Blake Faces Life. (Australia also had its own version, 1952-1970).

The Wikipedia descriptions (and others on Google) are interesting and even enlightening, if anyone cares to follow up.

So there we are. Me And My Family, the 21st century spin-off. By now the chapters must number in the hundreds, and still the plot continues.

My last post, folks. From now I am bowing out of commenting and will be only following ("spectatoring") on a now-and-then basis. At my age, my blood pressure can't take much more...

Old Feb 4th 2020, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Nothing you have posted as a "fact" precludes the possibility that deep down you may be enjoying the drama of all this, it is just one possible explanation of why you have gone through all these past years and the continued drama.

I assume part of your motivation for this thread would have been to get sympathy or empathy, or advice. So reacting as you have recently may show there is some truth to some of the observations made. No one likes to hear of the problems you have gone through or apparently may be continuing to go through or may go through.
You have not answered my question. B stated that I was still in direct communication with her and your response was that I enjoy the drama. Again I suggest you update yourself before making crass comments. Try it...

Old Feb 4th 2020, 11:47 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDW
And PII has come up with another emotion-inducing twist to his seemingly endless saga. My old suspicions are returning. But then we owe PII a great vote of thanks for having made this thread THE most active one on an ongoing basis, in all BE. By comparison Malaysia and certainly Indonesia are mere sleepers.

And on another note. Following up on an oft-recurring thought i(okay, suspicion), I went to Google, input "longest running radio sagas" - and found this in Wikipedia -

One Man's Family, created by former San Francisco journalist Carlton E. Morse, and centered around the San Francisco-dwelling Barbour family, aired from April 29th, 1932 to May 8th, 1959, making it the longest-running uninterrupted serial in American radio.Aug 20, 2016

First episode date: April 29th, 1932

Country of origin: American

Two other possibilities (also from Wikipedia) - Days of Our Lives (also stylized as Days of our Lives; often abbreviated to DOOL or Days) is an American daytimesoap opera broadcast on NBC. It is one of the longest-running scripted television programs in the world, airing nearly every weekday since November 8, 1965.

Portia Faces Life is an American soap opera first broadcast over radio from 1940 to 1953, and also on television for a single season in the mid-1950s. It began in syndication on April 1, 1940, and was broadcast on some stations that carried NBC programs, although it does not seem to have been an official part of that network's programming. The original title was Portia Blake Faces Life. (Australia also had its own version, 1952-1970).

The Wikipedia descriptions (and others on Google) are interesting and even enlightening, if anyone cares to follow up.

So there we are. Me And My Family, the 21st century spin-off. By now the chapters must number in the hundreds, and still the plot continues.

My last post, folks. From now I am bowing out of commenting and will be only following ("spectatoring") on a now-and-then basis. At my age, my blood pressure can't take much more...
Try The Archers, going since 51, over 19,000 episodes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archers
Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

The F/F (Femme Fatale) sure is some operator.She has got us all at each other's throats with her manipulative behaviour.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Try The Archers, going since 51, over 19,000 episodes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archers

Most true. I can still remember sitting with my father listening to each episode on the radio a few years ago. Will always remember the signature tune. Shame it never came to life on the TV. Thanks for the memories....

Regards
Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaygee68
The F/F (Femme Fatale) sure is some operator.She has got us all at each other's throats with her manipulative behaviour.
I would laugh my socks off if P11 has wound everyone up by being some 19 year old living in Surrey with an atlas, but I fear not. I can sympathise with him with respect to his time limited financial support, I did this with my 1st wife despite her getting a house mortgage free. What I can not understand is the continued the direct or indirect communications via her family or doctor. My 'legal beagle' here, the local judge reckoned the best way to have done that was through a local expat that he could trust or not at all.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Most true. I can still remember sitting with my father listening to each episode on the radio a few years ago. Will always remember the signature tune. Shame it never came to life on the TV. Thanks for the memories....

Regards
I thought Emmerdale was supposed to be the TV Archers.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I would laugh my socks off if P11 has wound everyone up by being some 19 year old living in Surrey with an atlas, but I fear not. I can sympathise with him with respect to his time limited financial support, I did this with my 1st wife despite her getting a house mortgage free. What I can not understand is the continued the direct or indirect communications via her family or doctor. My 'legal beagle' here, the local judge reckoned the best way to have done that was through a local expat that he could trust or not at all.
*****What I can not understand is the continued the direct or indirect communications via her family or doctor.******* I have already explained that. BTW....April 1st is nearly here.

Best regards
Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:51 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Uterine myomas are very common in women in the reproductive years. They are like benign tumors in the uterus, and affected by hormone levels. They are not dangerous, and are basically fibroids. She apparently has been given a hormone treatment to shrink them, to stop bleeding episodes. They used to carry out hysterectomy for this in women who no longer wanted children. It's not dangerous, not stress related, not psychological - about 50% of women have some type of small or larger fibroids (myoma). (if this is what is wrong with her).
Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mallory
Uterine myomas are very common in women in the reproductive years. They are like benign tumors in the uterus, and affected by hormone levels. They are not dangerous, and are basically fibroids. She apparently has been given a hormone treatment to shrink them, to stop bleeding episodes. They used to carry out hysterectomy for this in women who no longer wanted children. It's not dangerous, not stress related, not psychological - about 50% of women have some type of small or larger fibroids (myoma). (if this is what is wrong with her).
Thanks...but not quite what I said. She has been given treatment to stop a myoma or cancer.

Regards
Old Feb 4th 2020, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

She has been given treatment to stop a myoma or cancer.
Which is it? Pretty big difference! As Mallory has said, tons of women (myself included) have myoma's, they're pretty common, but then you say it's cancer treatment?

FWIW, I agree with the above people who've said that her medical issues are no longer a concern of yours, and that the doctor is behaving improperly by telling you anything. It's unethical at best, and at worst it also implies the doctor is involved in the scam.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 4th 2020 at 1:15 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...

Yesterday I had yet another msg from the gyne. She stated that my wife appeared in her clinic complaining that her period was on its 10th day. The doctor informed her it was because she had ceased treatment. My wife bought the pills and is rebooked in for another ultra sound on the 26th of this month. This doesn't hang right for me. Bearing in mind it is a 10hr return journey, it seem odd that she visited a couple of days earlier with her attorney and her period would be on its 8th day. She had the money and could have had the treatment then. I suspect collusion between the two. I suspect I was told about the attorney in a bid to frighten me to send her money for the treatment. But that's how my mind works.

I showed the message to my legal beagle friend and he just laughed and told me not to worry about. I will point out that he is not an attorney but works in an attorneys office. One attorney there is the Vice Mayor of whom I have mentioned before.

Now going back to my wifes illness. On hearing that her period is still a problem on the final month of her 6 month course of treatment, I msg'd the doctor expressing my concern that if the treatment was working, then her problems should be largely abated by now. I happen to think that after this treatment of pills has finished, the problem will re-appear again. She replied simply that she will be monitored. Personally, I believe the treatment is palliative only and treating the symptoms and not the cause. The cause I believe is stress. This is what her GP stated on her first visit over a year ago. The only way that can dealt with is by using a psychiatrist. But hey....what do I know. I'm just a bloke.
All just Freudian slips, I presume.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;12801411]Which is it? Pretty big difference! As Mallory has said, tons of women (myself included) have myoma's, they're pretty common, but then you say it's cancer treatment?

FWIW, I agree with the above people who've said that her medical issues are no longer a concern of yours, and that the doctor is behaving improperly by telling you anything. It's unethical at best, and at worst it also implies the doctor is involved in the scam.[/QUOTE

May I suggest to you that you read my comment.....her present condition could lead to a myoma or cancer

Regards
Old Feb 4th 2020, 1:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Philosophical 11;12801430]
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Which is it? Pretty big difference! As Mallory has said, tons of women (myself included) have myoma's, they're pretty common, but then you say it's cancer treatment?

FWIW, I agree with the above people who've said that her medical issues are no longer a concern of yours, and that the doctor is behaving improperly by telling you anything. It's unethical at best, and at worst it also implies the doctor is involved in the scam.[/QUOTE

May I suggest to you that you read my comment.....her present condition could lead to a myoma or cancer

Regards
As a complete non expert other than being a woman who has suffered from fibroids to the extent I had to have a hysterectomy and the main one they removed was the size of a full term baby's head, Myomas are very normal and Cancer is not something you can stop with a pill prior to having it. (personally I believe everyone has the cancer gene in them, luck of the draw if it comes out but you can't treat it before it happens).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.