Me and My Family

Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Correct. It was registered under a slightly different name at PSA. Yes my wedding is considered illegal and thus void. I have a rearranged appointment with the lawyer tomorrow. I am told he is the attorney to the vice-mayor here if that means anything

Regards
If he is attorney for the vice mayor, most likely works best on the brown envelope or I've got an important friend system. I have never used a lawyer here for anything other than contracts etc but two friends have, the one who got the best results was the one who researched his problems and then lead his attorney by the ear through the process.

About 2 years ago a Canadian was in court in Cebu about something with his ex-wife. He pulled out a gun and the first person he shot was his own attorney followed by her attorney and then her. Gives you great confidence in the system in that the first one he shot was his own attorney.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to the Canadian ?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
If he is attorney for the vice mayor, most likely works best on the brown envelope or I've got an important friend system. I have never used a lawyer here for anything other than contracts etc but two friends have, the one who got the best results was the one who researched his problems and then lead his attorney by the ear through the process.
Stokkevn, is there some type of accreditation system or professional body for attorneys there, or some sort of legal Ombudsman for clients if their attorney gives them incorrect advice? What I'm asking in a roundabout way is, is there a way to choose an attorney that you know will do the job properly, and is there any legal come back for clients if their attorney turns out to be a dud?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Stokkevn, is there some type of accreditation system or professional body for attorneys there, or some sort of legal Ombudsman for clients if their attorney gives them incorrect advice? What I'm asking in a roundabout way is, is there a way to choose an attorney that you know will do the job properly, and is there any legal come back for clients if their attorney turns out to be a dud?
If you need an attorney the best way is word of mouth, I would ask my judge friend who he would recommend if I needed one. As for a professional body I would avoid who ever they suggested. Rankings normally bought and paid for by those with most money.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
If you need an attorney the best way is word of mouth, I would ask my judge friend who he would recommend if I needed one. As for a professional body I would avoid who ever they suggested. Rankings normally bought and paid for by those with most money.
Thanks for that, I like learning about how things work in different countries
Old Dec 6th 2019, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

The attorney came to see me today and we met in my local haunt which is a restobar here. His advice was free and in fact he is not the attorney to the vice mayor......He is a vice-mayor who is also an attorney.

Everything we discussed was what I had already gleaned except for one point.

The marriage was void.

I do not have to pay her a penny. Her legal husband takes that responsibility.

She cannot file a case for abandonment.

I do not have to concern myself about a secret bf. The marriage is void.

I can live my life normally without looking over my shoulder.

I could file a case against her for bigamy....which I wont.

I should apply for annulment. That is the point I do not understand. If the marriage is void....then why annulment? I think he tried to explain that it was to put it on record that it was a void marriage. Cost ....150k. That I do not have and I cannot proceed with it here anyway because I need to be resident for at least 6 months. I would have to return back home which I have no intention of doing.

Debts are her problem ...not mine. However, the debts were accrued whilst she was married to the first husband so maybe he can help. My thoughts....not that of the attorney.

However, I explained all this to her but she is adamant I have received bad advice and will report me to the PNP for mental cruelty....I forget the exact phrase. This was advised by her attorney this morning. So she says. I suggested to her that she adds that she is a bigamist amongst other things.

She also thinks I am having an affair here because I am living with a Filipina family amongst other things. Said something about reporting it to Immigration.

So....that's everything up to date

Regards
Old Dec 6th 2019, 4:43 am
Just Joined

N0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really nice

Greetings!

The attorney came to see me today and we met in my local haunt which is a restobar here. His advice was free and in fact he is not the attorney to the vice mayor......He is a vice-mayor who is also an attorney.

The marriage was void.

I do not have to pay her a penny. Her legal husband takes that responsibility.

She cannot file a case for abandonment.

I do not have to concern myself about a secret bf. The marriage is void.

I can live my life normally without looking over my shoulder.

I could file a case against her for bigamy....which I wont.

I should apply for annulment. That is the point I do not understand. If the marriage is void....then why annulment? I think he tried to explain that it was to put it on record that it was a void marriage. Cost ....150k. That I do not have and I cannot proceed with it here anyway because I need to be resident for at least 6 months. I would have to return back home which I have no intention of doing.

Debts are her problem ...not mine. However, the debts were accrued whilst she was married to the first husband so maybe he can help. My thoughts....not that of the attorney.

However, I explained all this to her but she is adamant I have received bad advice and will report me to the PNP for mental cruelty....I forget the exact phrase. This was advised by her attorney this morning. So she says. I suggested to her that she adds that she is a bigamist amongst other things.

She also thinks I am having an affair here because I am living with a Filipina family amongst other things. Said something about reporting it to Immigration.

Regards
Great update P11, glad to hear the attorney has confirmed what a lot of us thought would be the case, if she files anything against you be sure to file the Bigamy charge & can guarantee it will go away, however not all "Justice" in the PI is of the legal variety so please take care to keep yourself safe.

How's the new house hunting going? or are you planning to stay with the Filipino family for a while longer?
Old Dec 6th 2019, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N0rbett
Great update P11, glad to hear the attorney has confirmed what a lot of us thought would be the case, if she files anything against you be sure to file the Bigamy charge & can guarantee it will go away, however not all "Justice" in the PI is of the legal variety so please take care to keep yourself safe.

How's the new house hunting going? or are you planning to stay with the Filipino family for a while longer?
Yes I am well aware about the other other forms of justice here which is why I moved well away. The creditor has 'contacts' and if a pnp is involved with her... He could have contacts also.

I am in no great rush to find a place to live because I am reasonably happy here but a couple of options have appeared which I will follow up.

Moving on...

Further research tells me that I need to go for annulment based on a bigamist marriage. That is impossible in the foreseeable future.

Regards
Old Dec 6th 2019, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Time to get a new number and enjoy your life.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 6:20 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Good news finally . 150k is about £2250. We don't know your financials apart from you saying things are tight. So say you'd have to be resident for 6 months to be able to do it .

Why not give yourself 8 or 9 months or a year even and put aside cash every month . I'd imagine your costs have gone down significantly now anyway .

Or just leave the anullment for now . Is there a pressing need to do it right away?

She can't touch you now though right so you're safe for the time being. So just kick back and relax for a while. You probably need it.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Saw this site that might give you some idea of the process and how long it can take ( uncontested with all documentation 2-3 years, Ouch ).

https://lawyerphilippines.org/2019/0...for-annulment/
Old Dec 6th 2019, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Thanks for that, I like learning about how things work in different countries
While I didn't need an attorney, I needed an accountant a few months ago. Many offered free 1st consultation. I tried those because it was "free".
I soon realised that none answered to my specific questions but always in general and contradicting. I was no wiser afterwards. The guy I visited for a paid advice answered my questions and in writing. No ifs and buts later.
Thinking about it, why should someone give his knowledge for free? He needs to make a living.
For spouse of scouse: it was Austria
Old Dec 6th 2019, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

The marriage was void.

Regards
As soon as I read that sentence my first thought was exactly what you wrote. It is legal proof that there is no marriage. Expensive, yes, but worth it and doesn't have to be done immediately but should be done at some point in time. That legal paperwork will also prove that she is not entitled to the limited spousal/survivor support on your pension.

As for debts, consider your financial support for the last years as sufficient monies spent to assist her career, her extended family and your lives together.

Do nothing in haste, P11, in regards to your moving or settling in. You are right to explore the possibilities of different towns, islands, countries, etc. Do so at your leisure while you rebuild your financial situation.

Your Lying Lady is no longer your problem. If at all possible, get a second phone number and use that for your daily calls to friends and family saving the old number for her to hound you and harass you. Let her text her messages to you on that phone so that if she does file charges you have visual proof of her stalking and harassment.

Wishing happiness in the future, good health and financial security. If you find love again on the beaches of the Philippines, love wisely.

Rita
Old Dec 6th 2019, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone commenting on such a stupid and irrelevant case. P11 has been stupid from day one.He will not listen to anyone, he knows best. Having spent 4 years in the Philippines he knows nothing, and never will.......his male equipmemt has worked overtime (do not want to use vulgar expletives) his brain clearly has not.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 12:44 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Watermelon grows too easily in the tropics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.