Me and My Family

Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

The maximum intrest that can be charged is 6% p.a on loans that have no written contract. Loans that are supplied with contracts, bank loans , credit Cards etc are not required to have a ceiling of 6% p.a.

Last edited by mikek1; Oct 9th 2019 at 6:58 am.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 7:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
As I explained previously. ... I will pay the debt but Only with the help of my wife's income. If that is not forthcoming then I have to doubt the debt. Then a rethink is necessary. If I leave her because of this episode, I shall wipe my hands from the debt altogether. I have an ex pat here who may be able to clear the debt for me... Or the bulk of it. Don't want to go down that route until I am sure 100% the debt is genuine. I may also try to renogiate the debt at 10% pa. The max legal rate is 7% as far as I am aware. Also, I have to bear in mind that the creditor obtained the money in suspicious circumstances. Her husband was shot and killed during a road rage altercation...

Your previous post commented about lost engagement rings etc. This was well documented and due to her first business failure. Trying to pay off angry creditors.

Regards
I’m another WTF!?! You ‘know another expat who may be able to clear the debt for you’. Are you serious? It is not your debt. Why involve someone else because of your wife’s lying schemes?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Not only is he getting nothing, someone else is getting the benefit of the new nighty.
You have managed to put it a lot nicer than I was going to which is why I omitted it

Old Oct 9th 2019, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

If you have paid the capital in interest payments just stop paying, your conscience is clear. The other deptors thought nothing of it. The lesson learned from this, never lend money in the Philippines. If you are into 5-6 just make sure you have a baseball bat and a good swing.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
But wouldn't most people mention those children?
Or is it normal to keep them hidden because worried about the money tap getting turned off?

I understand the reasoning if that's the case, doesn't mean I'd like it though.

Probably would be a deal breaker for me.

If someone can't be honest about their own kids, then to me it shows they're prepared to lie about absolutely anything.

Reminds me of the old adage about knowing when a politician is lying!
There's a lot of changes when a woman has a kid. No woman escapes untouched and certainly no breast or stomach survives 4. He just didn't want to see it.

Old Oct 9th 2019, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

WTF. So you’re considering refinancing the debt (and making it yours) or negotiating the rates. Either way you’re taking ownership.

She has had a great deal with you. You house, feed and finance her. And in return you get nothing.
I am trying to play the white man. Now if the loan is genuine then yes I will try to refinance. 19k pm is crippling. But I would only consider that if I see an income from her and she makes an honest attempt to contribute. If that does not happen then I have to consider the loan a fraud and default. At the moment the creditor is very patient about the defaulted interest payment.

Moving on..
Tampo is that she cannot budget on 8k pm for groceries etc. I pay utilities and rent. Am I being fair allowing her only 8k pm? Doesn't allow much room for her to skim. I have been invited to do the shopping in future. No problem

Old Oct 9th 2019, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

"However, I suspect they do not approve of my wifes actions."

You crack me up P11 ......very stiff upper lip.I have an image in my head of a Terry-Thomas type character,totally oblivious to the nefarious plan your Lovely Lady may have in mind for you!...It's a farcical situation,BUT i must admit i do enjoy reading this saga,even though it makes me angry to see somebody being used like she is using you.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to play the white man.
You've used that phrase a few times - I guess it's a generational thing, but that's not really something that is said in polite circles these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_the_white_man
Old Oct 9th 2019, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

P11 - a few things.

If, like me, you are plagued with brownouts get yourself a car battery and a 12>220V inverter ( £10 on ebay ), I run my inverter off the car battery and it keeps all essential bits ( laptop/TV/WiFi ) and lights operating for about 6 hours.

Never make her loan yours, at the moment it is unlikely to be legally your responsibility, but refinance and it will become 100% yours and if circumstances change and you default and it gets nasty you could be prevented from leaving the country until it is paid off.

If you can keep the groceries down to P8k a month you are doing really well, mine is heck of a lot more than that
Old Oct 9th 2019, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
You've used that phrase a few times - I guess it's a generational thing, but that's not really something that is said in polite circles these days
I used to have an African engineer working for me who used to say "Near enough for a white man" when he had done quick rough calcs
Old Oct 9th 2019, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to play the white man. Now if the loan is genuine then yes I will try to refinance. 19k pm is crippling. But I would only consider that if I see an income from her and she makes an honest attempt to contribute. If that does not happen then I have to consider the loan a fraud and default. At the moment the creditor is very patient about the defaulted interest payment.

Moving on..
Tampo is that she cannot budget on 8k pm for groceries etc. I pay utilities and rent. Am I being fair allowing her only 8k pm? Doesn't allow much room for her to skim. I have been invited to do the shopping in future. No problem

8k for a months shoping is very meagre. We spend 15 -18k per month, and thats for my wife and myself. ( does not include alcohol). Yesterday our shoping came to 6.8k. Meat took up over 2k. We tend to purchase items most suited to Westerner tastes and my wife tends to bake a lot, butter,cake mix , nuts are not cheap. We also buy a lot of US made household goods, which again are not cheap in comparison with the UK. We use Robinsons for most items and CSI for salads, fruit ( our fruit for 1 month is 1.5k to 2k) and General food.
Perhaps you should consider doing the shoping . My wife does not Drive, so we both do the shoping, it gets us out the House and we meet other people. We shop at least twice a week. I pay manualy the electric, water, internet every month, once again I enjoy going to pay the Bills, it gets me out and about.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by rebs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_the_white_man
I use the expression and I move in " polite circles "
Heaven save us from the PC brigade
Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:32 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

8k for groceries in a month? Is that $160 USD? Wow. is that for the dog and pups?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bestvue
I use the expression and I move in " polite circles "
Heaven save us from the PC brigade
Agreed! Imho the PC brigade have a great deal to answer for. My son - married to an Ivorian, found a white golly and gave to his wife. She adores it, and she's also well aware of the origin of the childs toy. He also watched with her a few of the original B&W minstrel shows on YTube - which again she loved. Since living with TPipe junior, she's also a great OFAH and Fawlty Towers fan, so a lot of the Brit madness has obviously rubbed off.
Still talking 'politically correct' nonsense, my son was schooled for 1yr only in UK, during which time he was usually called 'The Froggy', having come across from France. He loved the name! On finally moving back to France to continue his schooling, there he was immediately named, 'Ze RoastBeef'. Again he thought this was brilliant! The PC brigade of course would say he was being belittled.
More recently in a sports club here in France where I'm the only Brit, I'm now often referred to as 'Brexit'. I don't mind that a bit - until they start calling me 'No-deal'!
Apologies for going off-subject. Now back to the Phil11 brigade........Where will it all end? I sincerely hope without injury, or worse.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
P11 - a few things.

If, like me, you are plagued with brownouts get yourself a car battery and a 12>220V inverter ( £10 on ebay ), I run my inverter off the car battery and it keeps all essential bits ( laptop/TV/WiFi ) and lights operating for about 6 hours.

Never make her loan yours, at the moment it is unlikely to be legally your responsibility, but refinance and it will become 100% yours and if circumstances change and you default and it gets nasty you could be prevented from leaving the country until it is paid off.

If you can keep the groceries down to P8k a month you are doing really well, mine is heck of a lot more than that
Thanks for your suggestion re brown outs. I have here a Snap-On starter/charger all singing and dancing power pack which I used professionally in the UK. I also used to have a jolly good invertor for professional use. This saw to our immediate needs during brown-outs etc. Sadly, during one of my wifes apoplexic fits when I left her for 17 days, the invertor was damaged I assume by being thrown around. One of many things that was damaged. Yes, an invertor is cheap to replace, but I refuse to do so. I use my "load" and wifi hotspot for internet purposes. For some unknown reason, she cannot get wifi hotspot on her two phones.....much to her chagrin.

Moving on....

Thanks for your views on the 8k allowance. I took this up from an American friend of mine here and that is the allowance he gives his wife. But there are 4 of them in the house which includes a 2 yr old child and teenage kid who is a relative. But in reality, it is more than the allowance I give her. When I go for my morning walk to the beach and market, I am normally commanded to get some eggs, bread or whatever which I do. I have no problem with that. I find it strange btw to buy 2 potatoes, or 3 carrots rather than by weight. But that is an aside. She is a damn fine cook but rarely cooks. What I mean by that is lumpia, cakes, pizzas etc on which she excels. My breakfast is normally cooked similar to an English breakfast,or cornflakes lunch is a snack.....could be an omelet as an example and evening meal is normally bread and jam. We rarely eat out because we cannot afford it except for something barbecued on the beach. I don't have a huge appetite because of the heat and humidity. So, we do not feast on expensive meals. Perhaps that is why the allowance is comparatively low compared to others.

Finally. The creditor is now badgering my wife about the repayment and is perhaps seen as the "weakest link". It may well be she has not dealt with a foreigner before and is not so confident. Again, I have made another excuse today and mentioned politely that I am dealing with it and not my wife. I just know that eventually it will get to her and the first thing that will happen is that her phone will fly across the room. Then it will take a couple of hours to calm her down and stop other articles being thrown about.

Tampo is now finished again. But there again, it is about this time of the month when her daughters want 2k for school (fathers phone repayments?) and her 2k Paluwagon (sp) is also due.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.