Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Items wanted from Perth W.A

Items wanted from Perth W.A

Old Dec 28th 2015, 12:27 pm
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Items wanted from Perth W.A

Just got a condo in Angels City and the wife and I will be back and forth from Perth to AC quite regularly for the next year. I have been a little shocked and disheartened at the cost of or lack of simple quality items.
I tried to buy some cable connectors the other day week you would think I had asked for hens teeth. Even a simple washer cost 120 PHP once I had tracked it down.
Any way I am offering to bring over SMALL items for fellow Bxp if needed, my next trip I will be sure to have all I need to finish the condo Reno.

Tony
Old Dec 28th 2015, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Items wanted from Perth W.A

I had the same problem finding cable connectors, looked all over tbenwhilst in Cebu, we live near Olongapo/Subic, I found some in an eletrical store across the street from our hotel. I eagerly bough some but when I went to use them the body would crack before the cable was tight. Maybe that is why the locals just twist and tape.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

ACE Hardware sell cable connectors, in strips. They are good quality and flexible. Two sizes only.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hcmcman
Just got a condo in Angels City and the wife and I will be back and forth from Perth to AC quite regularly for the next year. I have been a little shocked and disheartened at the cost of or lack of simple quality items.
I tried to buy some cable connectors the other day week you would think I had asked for hens teeth. Even a simple washer cost 120 PHP once I had tracked it down.
Any way I am offering to bring over SMALL items for fellow Bxp if needed, my next trip I will be sure to have all I need to finish the condo Reno.

Tony
Tony, unfortunately anything high tech like cable connectors, plugs, electric kettles etc are of such low quality in most places it is not worth buying. Cable connectors here is bare wire and electrical tape only. When I came out I shipped in my container several boxes of tools and DIY bits, I piggybacked all the Philippine sockets in our house with UK ones which are now the only ones we use.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 5:52 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

Yep I agree it's hard to find a little item that we are use to, that's why I am offering to help out ( hay no cost involved don't think I am trying to start a business here) just trying to hep out people in the same boat.
I am an electrician back in oz licences and very very capable, have built plumbed, tiled, fitted kitchens and am perdamtic about quality and what we pay for we should get but its not working out like that and I am getting frustrated, I can not and will not change my expectations on the trade work front but should I just role over me accept what's regarded as acceptable ?? Hahah not me never.

May be in the future when we live here full time I will do renos and builds on small houses no full condo buildings, but the standard of work man ship will. Have to meet my expectations or the tradesman will be out of work so if there is a need for a contractor that can deliver western standards at slightly above PHP prices then I may be your man? Who knows what the future holds.

Tony