Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Health Problems in the Philippines

Health Problems in the Philippines

Old Oct 14th 2018, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Health Problems in the Philippines

Greetings!

I thought I would give this a "broad church title" so it might be used as a reference for others in the future.

Back-ache....

I suffer from back-ache which although not painful it can be very debilitating leading to sense of humour failure. I was first afflicted with this many moons ago due I suspect to "bending over backwards" for customers in the auto repair trade. It got so bad that I had to be treated by an osteopath for about 6 yrs and have been ok for a few years....although only 95% cured. The problem re-occurred a couple of years ago and has been deteriorating since. Seems to have stemmed from the time I snapped a ligament in my leg whilst chasing a rabbit off my balcony in the wet and I slipped. I am also told it could be due to stress. But far be it for me to suggest my time here has been stressful! The nearest osteopath is a 10 hr return journey which does not appeal to me. To help alleviate the symptoms, I have to lay down on a firm bed strapped to my trusty TENS machine for about 30 mins normally twice a day. I have been advised not to take pain relievers. I have a 10 minute floor exercise programme as prescribed by the osteopath.

Anyone else have this problem? And how do you deal with it.....

Thanks!
Old Oct 14th 2018, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Problems in the Philippines

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Anyone else have this problem? And how do you deal with it.....

Thanks!
That is a big yes, I have had back problems on and off for nearly 30 years, I will go for months or even a year with absolutely no problems and then I lift something not even weighing much and I am in pain for weeks. In our village ( as there is in every village ) several who are good in massage and I have found them very good, most come up to the house and a 1-2 hour session is about P350 and there is one guy who is about 80 so you have to visit him who boils up leaves, twigs and other things and rubs that in and waves smoldering vegetation around your body, that is very good despite stinking to high heaven, I think he pokes fun at the white man as he says it will not work if I shower before 2 days, it does work but the smell is potent and even the dogs will not come close and I have to sleep a spare room.

I am sure it is just a matter of asking around to see who there is, working out who is the best for you may be bit of a lottery but I have found that most relieve my back pain.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

ChrisKVie is an unknown quantity at this point

P11.....having read you exceptionally long posts on another matter, its not surprising you have backache. You've been carrying your family for years ! (jest)
Old Oct 15th 2018, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

ChrisKVie......certainly not due to being weighed down with a heavy wallet....

Stokkevn..... Yes, we have those sort of people here also. Went to one guy who was actually very good and seemed to know what he was doing. Didn't want paying but accepted food instead. But I am very concerned that if not properly trained they could do more harm than good. I have visions of me leaving in a wheelchair. One teenage girl who was deaf and dumb immediately recognized "the spot" and performed a miracle after about 30 mins. Never felt so good. Sadly she lives about 4hrs return journey away. Got a recommendation to have a visit from one woman. Apparently very good. Not sure what is meant by a "happy ending". Wife wasn't very enthusiastic.....got that fillipina "look" that bodes ill-will.

Regards
Old Oct 15th 2018, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
ChrisKVie......certainly not due to being weighed down with a heavy wallet....

Stokkevn..... Yes, we have those sort of people here also. Went to one guy who was actually very good and seemed to know what he was doing. Didn't want paying but accepted food instead. But I am very concerned that if not properly trained they could do more harm than good. I have visions of me leaving in a wheelchair. One teenage girl who was deaf and dumb immediately recognized "the spot" and performed a miracle after about 30 mins. Never felt so good. Sadly she lives about 4hrs return journey away. Got a recommendation to have a visit from one woman. Apparently very good. Not sure what is meant by a "happy ending". Wife wasn't very enthusiastic.....got that fillipina "look" that bodes ill-will.

Regards
Hope you were winding your wife up about happy ending, if not just steer clear of any that promise a happy ending
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

diosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
New to here OK there is a tree i will have to ask wife for the name of it as i can not remember grows all over PH
the leaves are used to heal pain and swelling the leaves are wrapped around the area and tired with old t shirt
or anything to keep them in place you will find the skin will get hot best to use overnight a bit uncomfortable
but in the morning pain gone swelling gone leaves are soaking wet may need to be done a couple times but works