Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Global Visa Support - Makati

Global Visa Support - Makati

Reply

Old Feb 11th 2017, 12:00 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Consolacion,Cebu
Posts: 1,891
quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Global Visa Support - Makati

Anyone had any experience of this consultancy firm? An acquaintance wants to take his Filipina wife to Uk for an extended stay and cannot meet the requirements for a spouse visa and doesn't want to use the Surinder Singh route plus a tourist visa is not long enough. This company say they can GUARANTEE a visa using a backdoor method! I've told him it sounds very dodgy. Doing a quick check on them shows they primarily help get student/OFW visas for Filipinos which is fine as those applicants have to use a DOE approved agency.
I don't want him to spend a fortune and then find any visa issued is "dodgy" , nor to pay up and then find she can't get a visa.I've sent him the link to the UK government list of available visas and told him to ask which visa they would apply for so he can cross check the requirements. I'm just worried it may be a scam. Thanks.
quiltman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th 2017, 1:06 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 168
mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

I would not advice using any 'backdoor' offers. If your acquaintance cannot meet the normal requirements to obtain his wife a visa, then its highly unlikely that a third party could obtain one.


My brother obtained a visitors visa for his wife, unfortunately, she overstayed by 1 month. I asked him whether her passport was stamped on her exit from the UK, he thought not.


On applying again for a visitors visa for her. it was declined, on the grounds she 'overstayed'. This goes to show that the border control are far more diligent than one would imagine.


There are many so called 'consultants' in the Philippines and I doubt very much that they could bypass the legal route to obtaining a visa. What would be the consequences if the documents were found to be false on entering the UK.


I have never had any problems getting visa's for my wifes sister, and two nieces to get visa's for the UK. Your acquaintance must be doing something wrong, or clearly the border control does not acknowledge that he has the financial means, or housing requirements to grant a visa. If that is the case he is wasting his time, any appeal could be time consuming and expensive.
mikek1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th 2017, 3:01 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Consolacion,Cebu
Posts: 1,891
quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

Thanks Mike, exactly what I was telling him!
quiltman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th 2017, 9:14 am
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1
michael7777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

Originally Posted by quiltman View Post
Anyone had any experience of this consultancy firm? An acquaintance wants to take his Filipina wife to Uk for an extended stay and cannot meet the requirements for a spouse visa and doesn't want to use the Surinder Singh route plus a tourist visa is not long enough. This company say they can GUARANTEE a visa using a backdoor method! I've told him it sounds very dodgy. Doing a quick check on them shows they primarily help get student/OFW visas for Filipinos which is fine as those applicants have to use a DOE approved agency.
I don't want him to spend a fortune and then find any visa issued is "dodgy" , nor to pay up and then find she can't get a visa.I've sent him the link to the UK government list of available visas and told him to ask which visa they would apply for so he can cross check the requirements. I'm just worried it may be a scam. Thanks.
quiltman, I know this company, they have an office in Cebu as well (I see that you are in Cebu). Some of my friends processed their UK visas with them. No backdoor methods, just usual UK visas: dependant, visitor, student etc., depends on the purpose of the visit.
michael7777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th 2017, 7:56 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 30
bestvue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

Originally Posted by mikek1 View Post
I

My brother obtained a visitors visa for his wife, unfortunately, she overstayed by 1 month. I asked him whether her passport was stamped on her exit from the UK, he thought not.


On applying again for a visitors visa for her. it was declined, on the grounds she 'overstayed'. This goes to show that the border control are far more diligent than one would imagine.
No exit stamps in the UK anymore. Seems they now get the necessary info from the airlines.
Never - overstay your visa if you ever want another one.
bestvue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th 2017, 11:08 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Marikina Philippines
Posts: 144
Bealinehx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

Welcome to the digital age!
Bealinehx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:17 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 3
utminafrica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

As bestvue says, the airlines submit all the data to immigration. So technically you can probably get away with overstaying but only ever the once as will get rejected if try again.

My ex always got 6 months stay on the tourist visa if that is long enough for the extended stay.
utminafrica is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th 2018, 8:15 am
  #8  
LPR
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 44
LPR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

With the tourist visa for the UK is it OK to stay longer than the dates you originally put on the application? Providing of course it's not longer than the 6 months the visa allows.
LPR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th 2018, 8:24 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 30
bestvue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

Originally Posted by LPR View Post
With the tourist visa for the UK is it OK to stay longer than the dates you originally put on the application? Providing of course it's not longer than the 6 months the visa allows.
In a word yes. Just be sure you leave the UK before 6 months and before the visa expires. In other words your maximum length of stay is 6 months within the time frame of the visa.
bestvue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st 2018, 7:19 am
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Gazza-d's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Suffolk UK
Posts: 546
Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

Originally Posted by bestvue View Post
In a word yes. Just be sure you leave the UK before 6 months and before the visa expires. In other words your maximum length of stay is 6 months within the time frame of the visa.
Your maximum length of stay is what is stated on the visa, it's not automatically 6 months. They don't alway give a full six months if you don't ask for it.
Gazza-d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:16 am
  #11  
LPR
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 44
LPR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

Thanks for the replies, I have more questions that I hope some of you might have the answers to. As I will be sponsoring my fiancée she needs the supporting letter and documentation, can I email these to her as PDF’s on will she need the original documents? We did try 6 months ago for a visitor visa (I was there at the time so had all the documents with me) and it was refused, one of the reasons being that because she has never been married and does not have any children they felt there was insufficient reason for her to return. This raises another question, although she does not have any children she does have a lot of family there in the Philippines, do we list them all?
LPR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th 2018, 4:44 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4
Zaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Visa Support - Makati

Originally Posted by LPR View Post
Thanks for the replies, I have more questions that I hope some of you might have the answers to. As I will be sponsoring my fiancée she needs the supporting letter and documentation, can I email these to her as PDF’s on will she need the original documents? We did try 6 months ago for a visitor visa (I was there at the time so had all the documents with me) and it was refused, one of the reasons being that because she has never been married and does not have any children they felt there was insufficient reason for her to return. This raises another question, although she does not have any children she does have a lot of family there in the Philippines, do we list them all?
Hi LPR,
I have always e-mailed such documents, including P60, 3 months payslips etc. and include a statement that she will be living with me as a guest too. I do sign and scan the letter itself prior to transmission btw.
My Pinay friend always submits an updated COE (certificate of employment) with a statement from her employer that she will continue her employment on her return along with the obligatory photographs of us together from previous visits of me there and her here.
I have no idea how many of her relatives should be documented but I'd certainly emphasise the connection between her and any of her family who may depend or rely on her. e.g. Perhaps she helps financially or provides cares for parents/aunt/uncle/siblings etc. A signed letter from them in support may even help...

Good luck btw.
Zaxx is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement