Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Father to return to Philippines (Visa Question)

Father to return to Philippines (Visa Question)

Old Feb 2nd 2021, 9:41 am
Just Joined

StrandedJames is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Father to return to Philippines (Visa Question)

Hello,

I am a British national, I have children in the Philippines, who I very much miss and want to reunite with. I left the Philippines in November after having spent 3 years there with my partner and kids. My tourist visa ran out so I had to come back to the UK. The ban on travel to the Philippines has kept me stranded here in the UK since November. Now I understand that I can return to the Philippines, on the basis that I am a parent to kids who are there. The problem is, I am told I need a visa, yet I can get no reply from the Philippines embassy in London as to how to go about procuring said visa. Does anyone have any advise as to a way to contact the embassy? As emails are not being replied to. If the embassy is shut, what options are available to me to get a visa?

I have been apart from my lady and my children for far too long now. I am desperate to get back to them. Please can anyone help me?
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Father to return to Philippines (Visa Question)

Originally Posted by StrandedJames
Hello,

I am a British national, I have children in the Philippines, who I very much miss and want to reunite with. I left the Philippines in November after having spent 3 years there with my partner and kids. My tourist visa ran out so I had to come back to the UK. The ban on travel to the Philippines has kept me stranded here in the UK since November. Now I understand that I can return to the Philippines, on the basis that I am a parent to kids who are there. The problem is, I am told I need a visa, yet I can get no reply from the Philippines embassy in London as to how to go about procuring said visa. Does anyone have any advise as to a way to contact the embassy? As emails are not being replied to. If the embassy is shut, what options are available to me to get a visa?

I have been apart from my lady and my children for far too long now. I am desperate to get back to them. Please can anyone help me?
I feel for you. It is very unlikely that the Embassy is closed so I would suggest that you take a wander down to London and make direct contact. You would have to do that in any event to obtain a visa. I am not acquainted with the rules and regulations regarding kids, but for a normal visitor I have heard that entry to the Philippines will be available in the second or third quarter of this year.

I wish you luck.....but please keep us updated.

Regards
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
I feel for you. It is very unlikely that the Embassy is closed so I would suggest that you take a wander down to London and make direct contact. You would have to do that in any event to obtain a visa. I am not acquainted with the rules and regulations regarding kids, but for a normal visitor I have heard that entry to the Philippines will be available in the second or third quarter of this year.

I wish you luck.....but please keep us updated.

Regards
There are no walk-ins at the embassy in London, all visas are done by post, the information is on their website. Also as we are in lockdown it would be illegal to travel and you are prevented from leaving the UK currently.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
There are no walk-ins at the embassy in London, all visas are done by post, the information is on their website. Also as we are in lockdown it would be illegal to travel and you are prevented from leaving the UK currently.
Thank you SIr, I have looked at every page on the embassy website, I cannot find a section or option regarding to visa via post. Also It says on one of the advisories that the embassy is closed due to lockdown until February 15th. Seems unlikely that they would say that I could enter the country with a visa, but sorry we are not handing out visas at the moment. Some people, business people / government workers etc would be able to get hold of them so I read. I just don't know who I need to contact to get hold of a visa.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Get your MP to assist ?
Warning - some are better tha others. Some are useless.

Contacting him/her cannot damage your case.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
This is NOT correct. You cannot leave the UK for leisure purposes which is true. You are not going to the Philippines for a holiday but to support your family.

Also the Philippines Embassy will re-open on 15th February for front line services. Be first in the queue.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

The MP in charge of my area is Sajid Javid, who has just taken a second job with JPMorgan-Chase. Safe to say this will keep him in London and as far away from his Midlands constituency as he always has been. I will send his office an email and a letter, but I fear that I may as well ask the cat!! Having said that, thank for for the suggestion, all ideas are welcome.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Sir. I am in the midlands, and with the current lockdown, I guess that my travelling the 100+ miles to have a personal meeting at the embassy might break the rules. I had been in contact with the embassy in November via email, however when I use that email address now, I get an automated reply telling me 'the recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now'. Why these people cannot access the email system remotely is beyond me.
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StrandedJames
Thank you SIr, I have looked at every page on the embassy website, I cannot find a section or option regarding to visa via post. Also It says on one of the advisories that the embassy is closed due to lockdown until February 15th. Seems unlikely that they would say that I could enter the country with a visa, but sorry we are not handing out visas at the moment. Some people, business people / government workers etc would be able to get hold of them so I read. I just don't know who I need to contact to get hold of a visa.
http://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-matters

Under the visa section, By Post.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Thank you kindly Sir