Express Lanes

Old May 29th 2017, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Express Lanes

Greetings,

Thought this might be important for people who wish to obtain Exit Clearance from Manila Immigration.

I understand that normally an Exit Clearance can be obtained on the same day from the Immigration Office at Manila. Not now it seems. I have heard of someone who wished to leave the Philippines a couple of days ago and wished to obtain an Exit Clearance the day before. He was told that it was not possible because the Express Lane facility has been stopped. He was told to come back on June 3rd to collect his Exit Clearance.

I went to Bacolod BI to renew my 6 month visa and ACR Card. The procedure is normally very simple and quick. Takes about 20 mins. I was told that because the Express Lane is no longer available, I would have to come back in 3 days. Now, it is a 11 hour return journey from Sipalay and I was not amused. I noted when I received my passport back and the receipt a few days later, the transaction and visa extension was completed about 1 hour after my arrival when I applied.

I think BI are being very awkward. The office at Bacolod is never busy and I never see any other customers there. I could have waited until the afternoon and picked up my passport then. Not being told to return after 3 days.

However, I saved 2 Express lanes of 2500 peso total.

But I think the Manila delay for Exit clearances is more serious if that is the case.

Regards

Pete
Old May 29th 2017, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Lanes

I understand new Director of BI has tightened up on procedures. In Pete's case the inconvenience is annoying. For anyone who renews a passport and needs to have a visa/residents stamp transferred to the new passport it must be done at BI HQ Intromuros. A real pain for those living in the Provinces.
Old May 29th 2017, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I understand new Director of BI has tightened up on procedures. In Pete's case the inconvenience is annoying. For anyone who renews a passport and needs to have a visa/residents stamp transferred to the new passport it must be done at BI HQ Intromuros. A real pain for those living in the Provinces.
True! My eldest son had to make a day trip to Manila when he got his new passport a few months ago. They did at least do it within a couple of hours.
He was told by BI Cebu that they are no longer allowed to do the transfer, it must be at intermuros.
Old May 29th 2017, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
If you have a SRRV then you can just send it to them in Makati and they deal with BI and return it to you, normally a week or less door to door.
Old May 29th 2017, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I never transferred my visa stamp. I just carried the old passport as well

Gas this affected the exit clearance process at the airport as well?
Old May 30th 2017, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse my ignorance, but what is an exit visa. My wife is applying for dual citizenship and I will then get a 13a visa (?).

At present we are using a balikbayan visa.

Mikek1
Old May 30th 2017, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Mikek1,

It is not a Exit Visa but Exit Clearance. This pertains to those on a Tourist Visa who have been in the Philippines in excess of 6 months. Basically its a check that you are not wanted for misdeeds prior to leaving the Philippines.

I do not know if the Exit Clearance is applicable to other visas.

Regards

Pete

Last edited by Philosophical 11; May 30th 2017 at 12:36 am.
Old May 30th 2017, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by springsteen11
Mikek1,

It is not a Exit Visa but Exit Clearance. This pertains to those on a Tourist Visa who have been in the Philippines in excess of 6 months. Basically its a check that you are not wanted for misdeeds prior to leaving the Philippines.

I do not know if the Exit Clearance is applicable to other visas.

Regards

Pete
Not necessary for the SRRV as it specifically states so on the visa - "exempt from exit clearance and re-entry permit". Don't know about other visas - well, except for tourist visa of course.
Old May 30th 2017, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Balik Bayans do not require Exit Clearance if your stay is no longer than 12 months.
Old May 30th 2017, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

13a does require this exit clearance with fee
Old Jun 1st 2017, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Greetings,

I understand the official view now is that Visa Extensions will take 3 working days and Exit Clearances will now take 5 working days.

Regards

Pete
Old Jun 1st 2017, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings,

I understand the official view now is that Visa Extensions will take 3 working days and Exit Clearances will now take 5 working days.

Regards

Pete
Advised a friend of this as he was due to leave last Friday. Just got an email from him in the UK. Express lane still open if you leave P2,000 in your passport.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

just want to be clear.

Are people reporting that the exit clearance process at the airport is now no longer available and that ALL exit clearances have to be done in advance.

I say this as it seems to me that it is only aimed at tourism guys with an ACR card?

Not aimed at permanent residents on a 13a etc?
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mikemike,

I do not know what type of visa the guy had. But I suspect that if an Express Lane was involved in SRRV or 13A in the past, it is no longer available now. Therefore the 5 working day rule would come into play for Exit Clearances.

Regards

Pete M
Old Jun 9th 2017, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings,

Regards

Pete
Agree Pete ... I left for Blighty 5 weeks ago and was told I needed to give them 10 days notice to gain my clearance ... But here n Lucena I have to renew my visa every 2 months not 6 ... It does piss me off but I've given up on logic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.