Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

expat teens - can they work

expat teens - can they work

Old Sep 28th 2012, 7:09 am
Just Joined

byron1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default expat teens - can they work

Hi,
I am being relocated to manila in a offshore banking setup.
will my dependant teenagers - 18 and 20 be able to do any type of work at all. they will be attending college and university.
thanks in advance
Old Sep 29th 2012, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: expat teens - can they work

The wages available will probably not suit them.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

PeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud of
Default Re: expat teens - can they work

Not too many options other than call-centres but they would probably not be be looking for temporary staff. Plus, even if "dependant" your children would still need a work visa.

You don't say where you are locating from but quite honestly for many expat kids the Philippines is likely to be a real eye-opener in terms of the gap between rich and poor and what grinding poverty looks like up close. Perhaps the most enriching experience your children could have is to do some volunteer work with a social care agency. I am sure they would be made very welcome.