Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Expat Part-time teaching jobs in Manila

Expat Part-time teaching jobs in Manila

Old Dec 29th 2010, 6:32 am
Just Joined

dina0327 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat Part-time teaching jobs in Manila

I will be going to the Philippines next year to open a business, i will be needing expat teachers and presenters (part-time / full - time) who can speak very good English to teach Science to Grade-school students at various international schools.. Does anybody know if the Philippines have good resources of Expat teachers?

Thanks!!
Old Dec 29th 2010, 7:30 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Part-time teaching jobs in Manila

Just to say Hello I don't know about expat teachers but certainly a lot of expats there. There's quite a few folks on here who are in the 'Peens but maybe they're all celebrating Christmas still. Hopefully someone will post for you shortly.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:44 am
Just Joined

golftees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dina0327
I will be going to the Philippines next year to open a business, i will be needing expat teachers and presenters (part-time / full - time) who can speak very good English to teach Science to Grade-school students at various international schools.. Does anybody know if the Philippines have good resources of Expat teachers?

Thanks!!
I think you will find getting a work permit for ex-pat teachers very difficult.My friend who is a retired UK doctor has been trying for 10 years to get a licence to teach in the P.I..They're very protective of the professions here in the P.I.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:39 pm
Banned

KittyDes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm well I could say that there's very low percentage of expat teachers here in Philippines. Most expats settling down here don't teach but particularly got a job in a BPO company. There are also lots of Filipino teachers who have very good Americal accents.
If you will open a tutoring school, for part-time / full-time teachers, you have to get a business permit from the city's mayor office/ city hall or ask a legal adviser about this matter. then have at least a small office where in teacher applicants can be interviewed, then post a "wanted teacher ad" or "newly opened business needs part time teachers with these requirements blah blah blah." In this way, you can filter the applicants and give good jobs too.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:59 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KittyDes
Hmm well I could say that there's very low percentage of expat teachers here in Philippines. Most expats settling down here don't teach but particularly got a job in a BPO company. There are also lots of Filipino teachers who have very good Americal accents.
If you will open a tutoring school, for part-time / full-time teachers, you have to get a business permit from the city's mayor office/ city hall or ask a legal adviser about this matter. then have at least a small office where in teacher applicants can be interviewed, then post a "wanted teacher ad" or "newly opened business needs part time teachers with these requirements blah blah blah." In this way, you can filter the applicants and give good jobs too.
Why don't you skip the expat bit and just hire locals . Probably very difficult to find expats who are qualified. Like someone said before many Filipinas have very good accents and they will be a lot cheaper too. Where i live in Thailand it is full of Filipinas teaching. All of them with degrees and qualified. A local teachers wage in the Philippines is very low so you wouldn't have to pay that much more , but still a lot less than what an expat would want. IME Filipinas are a lot more reliable than expats when it comes to work, in Thailand anyway.