Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Exit Documentation for returning to Blighty

Exit Documentation for returning to Blighty

Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

oatia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exit Documentation for returning to Blighty

Hi,

I'll be leaving the Philippines soon, and would like to know if I need to arrange any exit documents, please.

I arrived on the 1st November and have extended my stay three times, my passport is stamped the 28th April.

I am leaving Cebu on the 21st, my return flight leaves from Hong Kong just after midnight. I'd like to be sure I can leave without any last minute problems arising, also whether I can expect to retain my ACR-I card and if it remains valid until the expiry date. I don't have a return date in mind at present.

I'd be grateful for any advice please, thanks in advance.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exit Documentation for returning to Blighty

Originally Posted by oatia
Hi,

I'll be leaving the Philippines soon, and would like to know if I need to arrange any exit documents, please.

I arrived on the 1st November and have extended my stay three times, my passport is stamped the 28th April.

I am leaving Cebu on the 21st, my return flight leaves from Hong Kong just after midnight. I'd like to be sure I can leave without any last minute problems arising, also whether I can expect to retain my ACR-I card and if it remains valid until the expiry date. I don't have a return date in mind at present.

I'd be grateful for any advice please, thanks in advance.
suggest you contact immigration quote your acr1 card.

If you are up to date and have no derogatory record you should be good to go
Old Apr 9th 2014, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

The answer is very simple. If you stay for more than six months you will require an Exit Clearance Certificate. The ECC process takes about three days so application must be made in person at the nearest BI location no later than 7 days before planned departure. Check out the website.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

you should be OK as if you leave on 21st you are just inside the 6 months.
Your ACR card is valid for the date of the visa in your passport - mine says "expiry date - see passport"
Therefore as I understand it your ACR card will technically expire on 28th April.
You would need to check with BI but I think if you come back here then you'll get standard 30 days visa and your ACR card becomes valid again.

Please note - this is only my opinion and could be a complete load of rubbish!

Oh, getting our Exit clearance took just over an hour from arriving at BI with completed forms etc.