Daily Life Improvements

Old Jun 3rd 2023, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daily Life Improvements

We tend to complain a lot here but I thought it useful to have a thread where we can note any good changes, big or small.

I'll make a start with:

1. Engine and chassis numbers no longer need to be stenciled at the LTO for regular registration renewals.
2. Has been going for a while but if you need to renew an NBI clearance you can now do it online, Includes foreigners.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daily Life Improvements

For those on a tourist visa, the new Immigration bill when passed will allow 59 days on entry to the Philippines instead of the current 30 days. A step in the right direction. However, the ubiquitous mandatory outward ticket still remains in place.

Saw nothing about express lanes which remains a farce as it currently stands. It is supposed to be voluntary, but most BI offices appear to have deemed them to be mandatory.

However, we cannot escape the fact that the Philippines remains one of easiest countries for retirement.
Old Jun 7th 2023, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
For those on a tourist visa, the new Immigration bill when passed will allow 59 days on entry to the Philippines instead of the current 30 days. A step in the right direction. However, the ubiquitous mandatory outward ticket still remains in place.

Saw nothing about express lanes which remains a farce as it currently stands. It is supposed to be voluntary, but most BI offices appear to have deemed them to be mandatory.

However, we cannot escape the fact that the Philippines remains one of easiest countries for retirement.
I'm happy with my current 1 year free entry and no onward ticket.
Old Jul 6th 2023, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Update on the first post:

The NBI clearance online renewal delivery is "temporarily not available". Looking around there's been complaints about it.
The appointment/payment system also not working now. If that continues may have to just turn up.

While this is the opposite of an improvement I will just mention that the "Improved Postal ID" is not available now and seems not to have been since late last year. Although nothing said on the website. We had to find out by driving around to distant POs. It wasn't an online service.The form could be downloaded, then you took it to a PO, then you needed to go to a "Data Capture Station". My wife's has expired and she needs more ID with the national ID delayed and it's the next best choice. Maybe now a TIN ID? But you have to go to a tax office to get that and it seems not to be so acceptable.

Last edited by Raffin; Jul 6th 2023 at 11:51 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2023, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

TIN ID

As I mentioned a TIN ID could now be a useful second ID for any adult in your household. You don't have to be employed or self employed. Perhaps someone still waiting for their National ID? Yesterday my wife got one. It took only about 2 hours but we arrived at the BIR office just after dawn. Many applicants came later. Taken inside in batches. Seems it's got to be the tax office with jurisdiction over where you live,
Few documents needed and no need for a birth certificate copy if you already have some other good ID with date of birth. Two forms to fill up. One to get the TIN number, assuming no existing one, the other for the ID, which is paper. You laminate it.
No charge! But of you apply online we heard it's P500. Details of how that works that I've looked at are missing so it seems to me going to the office is best.

Last edited by Raffin; Aug 19th 2023 at 1:19 am.
Old Oct 11th 2023, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

EnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond repute

I was told by my bank that I needed a TIN for something or other. I cant' remember. When I went to the local BIR office and they asked why and if I had a business or work in the Philippines, (which I don't) I was told I couldn't have one.
Old Oct 11th 2023, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

After three months I collected my plastic Drivers License an hour ago. This is a repeat of five years ago so it really doesn't look like there are any Daily Life Improvements.
Old Oct 11th 2023, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
After three months I collected my plastic Drivers License an hour ago. This is a repeat of five years ago so it really doesn't look like there are any Daily Life Improvements.
Except that licences now last for 10 years.... not 5!
Old Oct 11th 2023, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily Seniors are required to take a medical after 5 and 7 years.
Old Oct 11th 2023, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EnglishRed
I was told by my bank that I needed a TIN for something or other. I cant' remember. When I went to the local BIR office and they asked why and if I had a business or work in the Philippines, (which I don't) I was told I couldn't have one.
Apparently one is needed for working here or "engaging in business".
Strangely I was issued one when dealing with the BIR over a property titie..
Years ago my wife got one when she bought a new vehicle from a main dealer.

There's a lot of fuss over the driving licenses but not much about the long delayed National I'D. I guess quite a few of the applicants have by now gone abroad or died!
Old Oct 12th 2023, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The National ID nuff said. Waste of time and money. My wife went though the process over a year ago and to date nada! As for me, they assured me that they would send me an SMS detailing further action. Still waiting.
With an ACR and Drivers Licence and of course a passport I think that is enough to prove my identity.
As for Divers Licences the root cause may have been som form of corruption, which possibly explains why the head of LTO resigned abruptly a few months ago.
Old Dec 20th 2023, 12:29 am
Just Joined

QuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond reputeQuirkyDany has a reputation beyond repute

The TIN ID can easily be faked, which is the reason why it’s only considered as second ID. I heard from neighbors that they were able to get a printed paper copy of National ID from PSA office, they will just need to be laminated. I also heard there was an app called eGovPH that turns this printed paper copy of National ID into a digital one.
Old Dec 20th 2023, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by QuirkyDany
The TIN ID can easily be faked, which is the reason why it’s only considered as second ID. I heard from neighbors that they were able to get a printed paper copy of National ID from PSA office, they will just need to be laminated. I also heard there was an app called eGovPH that turns this printed paper copy of National ID into a digital one.
The TIN more easily faked, yes. But the National ID can also be faked. Both can be authenticated.
Yes, you can get a printed National ID, though it will take longer than the TIN, which we got at our BIR in a few hours. But thanks for a useful reminder about that.
Yes, the National ID is a primary ID so vital for people with no ID. The TIN mostly for when you're asked to show two.
Had a look online and I see that the National ID people are promising a mobile app.... which could be very handy. Promised "in a year's time". But nowhere could I see the date of that announcement!
​​​​​
Old Dec 20th 2023, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Downloaded the eGovph app. Not ready for foreigners right now. Watch this space, perhaps later rather thyan sooner.
Old Feb 2nd 2024, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

My wife recently got an email saying her National ID ready for collection. After 2 years. Make an appointment to collect by getting an OTP it said. But as often is the case it didn't come. So earlier this week we went to the nearest PSA office, tucked away in a nearby Municipio. The one member of staff wasn't there.
So today we went to a main PSA office 30 kms away. There she got the paper ID. The staff had no idea about when the more robust version would be available.
You would think after such a delay they would make the collection simpler. How many people won't bother to collect when they don't get the OTP?

On a similar matter it seems you now need to register online for the Annual Report, at least at my nearest satellite office. Last year walk in. Didn't know about it so had to pay at a nearby Internet shop to do it... P150 for a few minutes inputting and a print out. Nice little earner. I suppose you could do it yourself ion the phone, if you want. Then strode across to the almost empty office to do the report.
So if you re planning to do it this month best to register at home before going.

Last edited by Raffin; Feb 2nd 2024 at 6:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.