Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Can Filipinos evict foreigners leasing there land?

Can Filipinos evict foreigners leasing there land?

Old Oct 12th 2022, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

samtheman40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you delete posts

As the title says can you delete posts on here?.

Last edited by samtheman40; Oct 13th 2022 at 1:32 am. Reason: Want to delete all my posts.
Old Oct 13th 2022, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Filipinos evict foreigners leasing there land?

Originally Posted by samtheman40
If a foreigner who is just living in the Philippines on a tourist visa but is leasing land from a Filipino and built a house on that land. Can the Filipino owner evict the foreigner b4 the lease has finished?
Most likely, has been tried before now. If you want to spend about 10 years in court you may be able get an order to pay for the property, actually getting the money is another matter. Who on there right mind would build a property on a tourist visa, what happens if you extension is refused or the immigration rules change. Changes are going through at this moment, we don't know the results yet, they could completely drop tourist extensions.
Old Oct 13th 2022, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

samtheman40 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes but foreigners can just leave the country and then after a few days just come straight back into the country on another tourist visa. They should make the rules for foreigners on tourist visa much harder like they do in Thailand.
so will the new President be changing the visa rules for tourists. I ok I married to a Filipina and have all the right documents to have land and build a house on the land and have got Philippines residency. Where I live in the Philippines lots of tourist are just living here on tourist visas.

Last edited by samtheman40; Oct 13th 2022 at 12:31 am.
Old Oct 13th 2022, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Duplication.
OP posted a thread here on exactly this question on Sep 24!
Old Oct 13th 2022, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samtheman40
Yes but foreigners can just leave the country and then after a few days just come straight back into the country on another tourist visa. They should make the rules for foreigners on tourist visa much harder like they do in Thailand.
so will the new President be changing the visa rules for tourists. I ok I married to a Filipina and have all the right documents to have land and build a house on the land and have got Philippines residency. Where I live in the Philippines lots of tourist are just living here on tourist visas.
Yes currently but will that be forever and would you stake a big sum of money on it not changing. It's happened before, someone builds a very nice house on leased land. The land owner take one look at the nice house an cancels the lease to gain the house.