Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Biometric Information...where do you go?!

Biometric Information...where do you go?!

Old Apr 19th 2015, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sola1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometric Information...where do you go?!

Hi all,

I've been posting a lot on the Ireland threads recently but thought you guys in the philippines forum would be of better help for this query and question.

Where would you find info on how to go about getting biometric information done? My Filipina fiancé would need it since she's coming from the Philippines to Ireland as we will be embarking on the Surinder Singh route to live in England together after we marry in Ireland and remain there to live/work/integrate etc.

I assume she would have to travel to a city like Cebu or Manila (she is from Davao City) to attend an appointment or open day to get this done.

Any thread or website links would be good

Appreciate your help in advance! :-)
Old Apr 19th 2015, 11:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometric Information...where do you go?!

Biometrics for an Irish or UK visa? It's only a requirement for an Irish visa if you're applying from Nigeria, Pakistan or China.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I assume the Biometric Data is for a visa application. If so, for what country? If for UK then she will have to apply and pay on line and will be given an appointment.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Biometric data for a marriage visa to Ireland. Apparently it's needed in the online application for the visa?!
Old Apr 20th 2015, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I have found this link which may help you
http://ireland.visahq.ph/embassy/philippines/
Good luck

Last edited by Bealinehx; Apr 20th 2015 at 10:22 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 11:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sola1
Biometric data for a marriage visa to Ireland. Apparently it's needed in the online application for the visa?!
Where are you getting this information from?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Just Google it !
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Just Google it !
That is a pretty unhelpful response to a person who is trying to be of help.

Perhaps if you posted a link there would be no need to respond in the manner that you did.

I have seen more than a few post from 'Brit in Paris' which have been way more than helpful, perhaps you could help as well
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

If you bothered to read the whole thread you will see that I did!
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

sheez you need to get over yourself and rapidly
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 9:00 am

Just Google it !
Originally Posted by mikemike
That is a pretty unhelpful response to a person who is trying to be of help.

Perhaps if you posted a link there would be no need to respond in the manner that you did.

I have seen more than a few post from 'Brit in Paris' which have been way more than helpful, perhaps you could help as well
Originally Posted by mikemike
sheez you need to get over yourself and rapidly
The INIS website states that only residents of Nigera, China and Pakistan are required to provide biometric information.

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service Biometrics

There's no suggestion that applicants residing in the Philippines need to do the same. I wanted to know where Sola1 was getting information that they did.

Last edited by BritInParis; Apr 22nd 2015 at 10:03 am. Reason: Typo
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

My other half got it wrong in thinking that she needed biometric data. Sorry! The links that you sent me proved that to be correct.

I hope that any friendship were not harmed during this thread!

I guess I'll remove myself from this thread now but I'm sure it may help others in the future who are unsure if biometric data is need to go to Ireland on a marriage/short term visa.

Thanks all :-)