BBC iPlayer

Old May 26th 2020, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC iPlayer

After getting to the required programme or film have lately found it sometimes won't play.. Broadband speed is still good at around 9Mbps. The Hoxx VPN is behaving as usual ie works most of the time. Anyone else now finding this with the iPlayer?
Old May 26th 2020, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC iPlayer

Originally Posted by Raffin
After getting to the required programme or film have lately found it sometimes won't play.. Broadband speed is still good at around 9Mbps. The Hoxx VPN is behaving as usual ie works most of the time. Anyone else now finding this with the iPlayer?
I haven't watched it lately but when we first got the new tv I could open bbc iplayer ok, browse the menus but the programme wouldn't play. About a week later there was an android update and all was fine.
Old May 28th 2020, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Have come to the conclusion it's all to do with what seems like a recent deterioration in the variability of our download speed. What put me on to it was that last night we couldn't even register a new phone...password not accepted..whereas it was able to be done this morning. Presumably this would seriously affect streaming the BBC on a PC..although watching video on the phone always seems mostly to be okay

I used this very nice continuous speed app .https://testmy.net/ .to see that in a 2 hour period this morning download speed varied from 10 Mbps to 3 Mbps, with an average of 7. Explaining the hit and miss with streaming BBC iPlayer.

People are now going out more now daily, so it's not due to high demand. Was generally okay for March and April.

So I am thinking this is all about lack of maintenance. Or because PLDT not getting paid lately?
Old May 28th 2020, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Have come to the conclusion it's all to do with what seems like a recent deterioration in the variability of our download speed. What put me on to it was that last night we couldn't even register a new phone...password not accepted..whereas it was able to be done this morning. Presumably this would seriously affect streaming the BBC on a PC..although watching video on the phone always seems mostly to be okay

I used this very nice continuous speed app .https://testmy.net/ .to see that in a 2 hour period this morning download speed varied from 10 Mbps to 3 Mbps, with an average of 7. Explaining the hit and miss with streaming BBC iPlayer.

People are now going out more now daily, so it's not due to high demand. Was generally okay for March and April.

So I am thinking this is all about lack of maintenance. Or because PLDT not getting paid lately?
Internet here has deteriorated seriously over the past couple of months.. I put it down to lack of maintenance due to the lock downs. Or no kids at school using fb etc..

Regards
Old May 28th 2020, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Internet here has deteriorated seriously over the past couple of months.. I put it down to lack of maintenance due to the lock downs. Or no kids at school using fb etc..

Regards
We have good days and not so good. The sister in law signed up to the new one that is going around just before the lockdown, we have been using her wifi ever sinse. It has worked pretty well on our tell because until about a week ago we couldn't get the bits to put up an antenna. Once things settle down we will get out PLDT fibre moved over from the other house.
Old May 28th 2020, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Think that working from one's residence has been given a permanent boost by this pandemic as more employers will have enabled their staff at home successfully and found it cheaper, Transport to and from work in Manila when back to normal will still not cope for years to come. Education will also be adding to the use, The private schools and colleges at first, then the state schools will slowly join in, depending on local internet availability and cost. . Even after a vaccine as it could be better for learning than being in day long classes of 50!

There may well be new difficult times for the retired residential user apart from the present early mornings/evenings and weekends.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/07...-dict-official

Really slow progress, even allowing for the pandemic, the effects of which will demand even better internet.than before.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Quite strange as I regularly enjoy internet speeds 15% greater than I am subscribing for. In the final analysis it depends on your location and provider.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Quite strange as I regularly enjoy internet speeds 15% greater than I am subscribing for. In the final analysis it depends on your location and provider.
Yes, services vary a lot more here, with less choice, than in countries like the UK. I also think that unless you're using it for many hours each day you won't realise exactly how well or badly it is performing. Many people must be now finding that out due to "Stay at home". In my case I am experiencing times in each day when you can't get many websites.....even stuck completely for some minutes...although it's a PLDT fiber connection giving a maximum of about 8 or 9 Mbps. But with significant variation, as I reported earlier in this thread.
Added to that been having a few issues with the Meralco supply in the last few weeks..some.very short duration power surges,,once or sometimes even twice a day, which automatically shut off the desktop. Other appliances or lights not noticeably affected. Can't remember experiencing those until recently.
Judging from my experience in the province, where we have a much poorer service than in Manila, using a phone is much better than a desktop when you have maximum speeds below 3 to 4 Mbps. But I often prefer or need to use the desktop.
This article is saying speed minimums, in different forms, are being looked at, though I think they will,be hard to enforce. I seem to remember the issue being discussed in the UK some years ago..and not much came of it.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/scit...oviders/story/
Old Aug 12th 2020, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

An update on Hoxx VPN. Lately they've not been suspending the free service for many hours after you use it for more than 2 hours or so in a day. As they used to do. Seems to be unlimited now. I only use the UK VPN, which I find hit and miss, especially mornings. In April I purchased the premium service to avoid the time limit and tried it for 3 months, but it performed the same.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

An update on Hoxx VPN. Lately they've not been suspending the free service for many hours after you use it for more than 2 hours or so in a day. As they used to do. Seems to be unlimited now. I only use the UK VPN, which I find hit and miss, especially mornings. In April I purchased the premium service to avoid the time limit and tried it for 3 months, but it performed the same.
I have noticed with Hoxx VPN that quite often when you press 'UK' as the required country and then Google something at the bottom it says your location is Holland, Germany, Japan etc and not the UK that you clicked on.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I have noticed with Hoxx VPN that quite often when you press 'UK' as the required country and then Google something at the bottom it says your location is Holland, Germany, Japan etc and not the UK that you clicked on.
I always get UK results on Google with the VPN on UK. Checked with IP lookup and the VPN works. But sometimes get blocked by the BBC. Consistently early morning.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

After a few weeks of unlimited BBC with free user Hoxx their VPN hasn't enabled me to watch anything for many days.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a TV Licence LOL
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

If there was a legit way of watching on the iPlayer I would probably subscribe rather than buy a decent VPN or DNS. Most of Britbox material can be got in other ways without payment.

Btw B line can you look at ABS-CBN or GMA news websites now? Suspiciously finding both blocked by that security certificate message. Usually you can bypass that, bur not this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.