Amoebiasis ....

Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amoebiasis ....

Just a word of warning to anyone silly enough ... like me ... to not heed the warnings about drinking water from dubious sources !! On the way back from a bike ride we stopped off at a Carenderia on the way back to Lucena from Pagbilao. We ate relatively nice Filipino fare and i drank one half glass of water set aside on the table.
Result: Dysentery with a bacterial blood infection ... 4 days in hospital ... diarrhoea like nothing ever experienced, along with fever and sickness.
If anyone enjoys going to the loo every 20 mins for 36 hrs then please do not pay attention to this post no fun at all, especially when the iv is in your arse wiping hand .... Its more fun in the Philippines ... LESSON LEARNT the hard way !!
Old Oct 6th 2016, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amoebiasis ....

Originally Posted by Bazza070958
Just a word of warning to anyone silly enough ... like me ... to not heed the warnings about drinking water from dubious sources !! On the way back from a bike ride we stopped off at a Carenderia on the way back to Lucena from Pagbilao. We ate relatively nice Filipino fare and i drank one half glass of water set aside on the table.
Result: Dysentery with a bacterial blood infection ... 4 days in hospital ... diarrhoea like nothing ever experienced, along with fever and sickness.
If anyone enjoys going to the loo every 20 mins for 36 hrs then please do not pay attention to this post no fun at all, especially when the iv is in your arse wiping hand .... Its more fun in the Philippines ... LESSON LEARNT the hard way !!
There is one more fun thing to do, not quite 'bucket list' but sure is a 'rights of passage'

down a beer and see your self flop around the floor as the Amoeba does the 'highland fling' as only an amoeba knows how...audience stand well back
Old Oct 7th 2016, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

In a way I have been lucky, I have eaten in places you would not let your dog eat from in North & West Africa, South America and here, but the only time in 40 years of traveling around the world have I ever had the 3 day double volcano problem was in Aberdeen.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Oct 7th 2016 at 12:04 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikemike
There is one more fun thing to do, not quite 'bucket list' but sure is a 'rights of passage'

down a beer and see your self flop around the floor as the Amoeba does the 'highland fling' as only an amoeba knows how...audience stand well back
For some reason I could picture this as if it really happened Its very tempting
Old Oct 8th 2016, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

That made me spill my beer laughing!

Only time I got it bad was in Italy. Only been there a few days and was staying in a nice hotel and decided to have sea food one evening. And jolly nice it was too. Except a few hours later I felt decidedly ill and then spent the next 2 days sat on the toilet with head over the wash basin. Now, me being me, decided it was a one off....after all, the sea food was very tasty. It was bad luck getting a bad oyster or whatever it was. My family had no ill-effects. So, knowing that lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, I ventured another sea food about one week later. Cue sat on the toilet with head over wash-basin again for another couple of days. Yes, I know...I learn quick. I tend to shy away from sea food and have done now for about 30 years. Never found out how sweetcorn manifested itself in the toilet bowl though...

Regards

Pete
Old Oct 10th 2016, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

ianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant future

No fun at all im sure!!

Worst experience for me was Egypt, absolute toilet of a place, we were working in a gas plant and at one point or another every single person on the job ended up in hospital.
My enduring memory was watching guys running hell for leather across the site trying to make it to the bathroom.....some did and some didn't! look back and laugh but horrific at the time.

So far so good for me in Phil's......

Rgds

Ian