Where to from here?

Old Dec 23rd 2012, 2:27 am
Adz
Just Joined

Adz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to from here?

Thanks simonsi and snapshot, take your point indeed.
Our situation is that we will most likely arrive in October on a visitors visa looking for a teaching job offer to start in January 2014, so it was more a comment about flexibility really. When positions start to come up, hopefully interviews etc, then we will most definitely be fussed on their location! If no positions do come up then........well don't want to think about that!!!!
Thanks Andy, il pop you a pm after the festivities.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 7:38 am
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Nothing wrong with Glasgow. My husband was born in Scotland, I've got a Scottish MIL. However, they talk mighty fast in Glasgow with a strong accent. We stayed in a B&B near the Botanical Gardens in Glasgow for a week's holiday many moons ago. Curry on Suchie Hall Street (sp?), a walk round the Rennie Mackintosh Museum at the University, the bridge over the Clyde, cannae whack any of it for a good time. Although know-it-all-Edinburgh accents are more grating to me. The Edinburgh Fringe Comedy Festival was excellent though. Edinburgh Castle was interesting. My husband has a cousin who lives in Broxburn, EH54 and she's really nice. We had another holiday in Stirling a couple of years ago, that was good too.

As I'm from the South East of England, it would probably be roughly that geographical location that I would be comfortable moving to. Although I wouldn't rule out Hertfordshire and some central England counties.
Yeah, I prefer Edinburgh. House prices are massively different though. Just like NZ! The weather would be a bit of a shock if you are used to the SE...
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

AndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond repute

@Pinkone, sounds like a plan. PM me.

@ mods, why on earth was the mention of a now defunct site censored in my original post?
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 11:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by AndyEvs
@Pinkone, sounds like a plan. PM me.

@ mods, why on earth was the mention of a now defunct site censored in my original post?
Certain words, company names, websites are automatically filtered by BE.

If it is the site I am thinking of , then the owner was banned for mega stealth spamming BE via PM & the website name put on the filter.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 11:23 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Synky
Yeah, I prefer Edinburgh. House prices are massively different though. Just like NZ! The weather would be a bit of a shock if you are used to the SE...
My Kirkaldy born husband does not want to move to Scotland, even he says it's to darned cold !

Although I have fond memories of visiting Inverness when my high school pal returned there with her parents in the 1980's. When I visited we once took the bus to the beach at Nairn.....happy days.

My husband liked Stirling. He felt Glasgow and Edinburgh were accessible from there. It doesn't stop the fact that it is blessed cold up there !

Sorry Andy....back on topic

Last edited by Snap Shot; Dec 23rd 2012 at 11:30 pm. Reason: Inadvertantly took over the thread
Old Dec 24th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Certain words, company names, websites are automatically filtered by BE.

If it is the site I am thinking of , then the owner was banned for mega stealth spamming BE via PM & the website name put on the filter.
This is incredibly funny from someone who knows absolutely nothing about what your refering Its like jumping into dungeons and dragons after watching harry potter

Dont mention those whose name must not be mentioned

Oh well end of year and being hot have had a few too many
Old Dec 24th 2012, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adz
Thanks simonsi and snapshot, take your point indeed.
Our situation is that we will most likely arrive in October on a visitors visa looking for a teaching job offer to start in January 2014, so it was more a comment about flexibility really. When positions start to come up, hopefully interviews etc, then we will most definitely be fussed on their location! If no positions do come up then........well don't want to think about that!!!!
Thanks Andy, il pop you a pm after the festivities.
We do really need to consider a concept of affordable housing for essential services. Not cheap social housing but more ensuring a number of properties are available in all areas.
Old Dec 25th 2012, 11:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
This is incredibly funny from someone who knows absolutely nothing about what your refering. Its like jumping into dungeons and dragons after watching harry potter
Dont mention those whose name must not be mentioned
Oh well end of year and being hot have had a few too many

Yes. I can see it may seem like that & it;s always good to make someone giggle

AndyEvs will know I know, you know & if he knows , will know what I mean.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Trinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant future

Hi, all and AndyEvs. really enjoying this thread. Considering moving to NZ but wavering too. done lots of research, and the trouble is i'm finding about equal amounts of people who love it there, and those like you Andy, who want to go 'home'. I keep telling myself that If you don't go, will u regret it. but then I also worry, that if it does go belly up, then would we be able to come back to the UK!? I think I really DO want to go. we've been to NZ before, my husband worked in Wellington for 2 months (it was winter sadly) and I went out to stay for 3 weeks (before we were married). Anyway, have 2 dilemnas (?spelling). 1st my mum- I'm an only child and so is she. I'm all she has. she is very 'frightened' (her words) at the idea of moving to NZ Plus she'd have to wait 3 years till she could come too. Also my children: my daughter's 11 about to go to secondary school and my son's 8. I feel that if we were to go we would have to commit to stay for her whole secondary education- I wouldn't want to move her in the middle (like I had to when I was 15). we really should've done this a couple years ago.AAAAHHHH!!! so any words of wisdom, advice or just something to make me giggle, like some of the comments above would be great.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:05 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Trinamch - you daughter won't go to College "secondary" school until she is 12-13, depending when her b/day is, over here.
Depending on what Tier your mum fits into I know that Tier 2 can take upto 7 years