Update!!!

Old Nov 16th 2012, 11:52 pm
MzB
Just Joined

MzB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update!!!

All good and loving it here!!

OH arrived for job in may, I came at end of July, luckily being paid from UK till end of Aug as a primary School Teacher.

Started part time work at beginning of September and have secured a full time position in Jan.

Feel incredibly lucky to have got a job so quickly as competition is fierce.

Absolutely love it here and happiest I have been in a long time and hope to be here for a long while to come!!

Happy days!!! Love this site too - more of a lurker than a poster!!
Old Nov 17th 2012, 1:21 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update!!!

Congrats on the new job. Sounds like you are settling in well.

What's the best thing you like about NZ so far?
Old Nov 17th 2012, 2:41 am
MzB
Just Joined

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thats a tough one!!

Love the opened planned house we have and the decking.
Love the education system................... at the moment!
Love the kids I work with!!!!
Love the work life balance............. at the moment
Love how much more chilled out I am.
Love the fact the beach is so near and there is so much within a small distance.

Just enjoying life!!!!!

Do miss my friends though, but busy making new ones so all good!!!
Old Nov 17th 2012, 10:38 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MzB
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thats a tough one!!

Love the opened planned house we have and the decking.
Love the education system................... at the moment!
Love the kids I work with!!!!
Love the work life balance............. at the moment
Love how much more chilled out I am.
Love the fact the beach is so near and there is so much within a small distance.

Just enjoying life!!!!!

Do miss my friends though, but busy making new ones so all good!!!
That's terrific.

I hear you on the friends thing, we are in the process of moving to Florida (currently live in North Carolina) and I'm going to miss the friends I've made in NC terribly. It's almost as wrenching to leave there as it was to leave the UK when we first moved over here.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 5:39 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MzB
All good and loving it here!!

OH arrived for job in may, I came at end of July, luckily being paid from UK till end of Aug as a primary School Teacher.

Started part time work at beginning of September and have secured a full time position in Jan.

Feel incredibly lucky to have got a job so quickly as competition is fierce.

Absolutely love it here and happiest I have been in a long time and hope to be here for a long while to come!!

Happy days!!! Love this site too - more of a lurker than a poster!!

Where are you based? Have you explored much of NZ yet?

Glad to hear all is good!
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:43 am
MzB
Just Joined

We are based in Auckland living in Ellerslie.
OH works in Penrose and I'm near Newmarket so all pretty handy.
We have been up to Bay of Islands, Piha and riding. Done a few of the local beaches. Here for a while so taking it slowly!!!!!

Getting a social life going has also been something of importance
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:47 am
MzB
Just Joined

I hear you on the friends thing, we are in the process of moving to Florida (currently live in North Carolina) and I'm going to miss the friends I've made in NC terribly. It's almost as wrenching to leave there as it was to leave the UK when we first moved over here.

OH sister just moved from Florida to Texas so she also having to start building friendships etc all over again!!!! Its hard at times xx