Short up-date

Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short up-date

Ok woodlea thats nice.
back to the thread eh!!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
Ok woodlea thats nice.
back to the thread eh!!
Whatever
Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:38 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Your journey story made me laugh. The missing $5K did not

I think it's a bit of a dilemma. I had every shoe box opened both times we entered NZ. Here's something to think about- have you got sole use of the container? If so I think you can get it delivered to your house unopened and a MAF inspection done at home. We did this second time we entered NZ because we didn't want the shippers to fleece us. Shippers tried to fob us off and say the inspection had to be done at port but MAF were ace and said we could request it done at home. Shippers had a list of all the boxes MAF wanted to see that they unloaded and placed in an area of the shed. Later on MAF guy turned up and looked at the boxes. If you can arrange this you can ensure the money doesn't go "missing".

I'm worried about your money!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Your journey story made me laugh. The missing $5K did not

I think it's a bit of a dilemma. I had every shoe box opened both times we entered NZ. Here's something to think about- have you got sole use of the container? If so I think you can get it delivered to your house unopened and a MAF inspection done at home. We did this second time we entered NZ because we didn't want the shippers to fleece us. Shippers tried to fob us off and say the inspection had to be done at port but MAF were ace and said we could request it done at home. Shippers had a list of all the boxes MAF wanted to see that they unloaded and placed in an area of the shed. Later on MAF guy turned up and looked at the boxes. If you can arrange this you can ensure the money doesn't go "missing".

OMG sorry Toon to go a bit off topic but just been given a pile of hooey by NZ Van Lines and had to pay $60 for the privilege of them moving our stuff out of the container to a MAF facility to check. I'm a gona ring MAF and see if I can get it at home. Great advice thanks
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:27 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Good ol' NZ Van Lines
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit

Me too - telling them it is there, is giving them a challenge to find it before you do and then deny all knowledge...in both countries.
Sad to say this but you don't actually know for sure it made the container do you? What if the packer took the lid off the shoe box?
Old Oct 10th 2010, 1:09 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I've realised that it might be best for them to find it after all. It'll probably be sods law that they do then you don't have to have a panic stricken search going through all the boxes frantically searching for the money.

We're all just hoping that it turns up irrespective of who finds it !
Old Oct 11th 2010, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Well all this is certainly helping Eddie feel much better isnt it
What some are suggesting on here is that our packers have a good old rumage
through all our stuff once it leaves our homes in the uk.
So hands up, who's boxes arrived opened with lots of small pocketable valuables missing
or jewelry boxes that arrived empty or small hierlooms removed from their wrapping.
I dont remember seeing any thread on here listing all the stuff that been nicked
by the thieving scum the packing companies employ. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong section

FFS as if he aint got enough on his plate already.

One thing it does highlight is the low moral standard of people on here. Just because you'd steal it
doesnt meen everybody else would.

Last edited by Justcol; Oct 11th 2010 at 12:22 am.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 4:43 am
---

Can't be bothered after all.

Last edited by bourbon-biscuit; Oct 11th 2010 at 4:45 am.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Well if packers are so honest why do removal companies within NZ say they will not carry cash or jewellery? I wish I had been the packer t'wd have been safe with me and with Bourbon-Biscuit.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

.…………container arrived 10:30 this morning - whey hey clean underpants all round!!!!

The million dollar question, where's the bloody cash???

It was there, but fook me it was a close call!

MAF said they were coming to do an inspection at 1pm and circled the boxes they wanted to inspect, yep, one of the boxes they wanted to look at was good old box 92 - my box of shoes with me cash tucked inside a size 9 Adidas Samba!

I then hatched a cunning plan which I won't mention for fear of extradition and I grabbed the loot, tonight we eat real food instead of Moro bars!!

Funny how things turn out ain't it.

By the way, I'll do a proper update once I set my computer up.

Loads of goss.

Old Dec 30th 2010, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut
.…………container arrived 10:30 this morning - whey hey clean underpants all round!!!!

The million dollar question, where's the bloody cash???

It was there, but fook me it was a close call!

MAF said they were coming to do an inspection at 1pm and circled the boxes they wanted to inspect, yep, one of the boxes they wanted to look at was good old box 92 - my box of shoes with me cash tucked inside a size 9 Adidas Samba!

I then hatched a cunning plan which I won't mention for fear of extradition and I grabbed the loot, tonight we eat real food instead of Moro bars!!

Funny how things turn out ain't it.

By the way, I'll do a proper update once I set my computer up.

Loads of goss.

Glad to hear the money arrived safe and sound and I'm sure every one is chuffed to know you've clean knicks on
Looking forward to the goss too
Old Dec 30th 2010, 4:36 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Glad to hear the money arrived safe and sound and I'm sure every one is chuffed to know you've clean knicks on
Looking forward to the goss too
phew!! ditto the above
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

right then, the stables tonight and the beers are on you mate
Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
phew!! ditto the above
Ditto the Ditto!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.