Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Numpty's finally update

Numpty's finally update

Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:52 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Numpty's finally update

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
What a great update!
Wishing you the best of luck in your new life x
Numptyhead, I have been looking for this thread, lol, did not look far did I ??? Wow, you have also made me a bit more with it, I have to agree, not much going down on here at the mo, think we are all waiting to hear from the ma's, haha. I am truely pleased for you and just hope that we can be in your position very soon. Good luck with the new house and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tina. x
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you've settled in well. The accent is playing havoc with me too. I had to go to the emergency docs on Friday and I thought he asked if I walked, I said no I came in the car.... he looked at me puzzled, repeated it, I said again I came in the car as I needed to get here quickly, thinking he was concerned about how I got there and would get home again, but a nurse walked past and translated - did I work not walk!!!

I later phoned a kiwi friend about buying a snorkel. She suggested 'ribble' sports and then asked if I had been in them in the UK. I said I'd never heard of them, and then realised she meant 'rebel'. So confusing....

My son said he keeps gettting his spellings wrong at school as he's not sure what the teacher is saying....a good excuse for getting them wrong I think!!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:29 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

lol, this has made me remember something I'd long forgotten- when we first arrived in Hawkes Bay in Jan 2007 we collected a hire car from the airport and they said we could drop it back in Hastings (much more convienient), just park infront of and drop keys through the door next to the Celtic.

We drove round and round and round looking for the 'Celtic', cursing ourselves that we hadn't thought to get a full address and cursing the Kiwi laidbackness that had assumed it would be obvious to all. Eventually we pulled up in a garage and I went in and asked where on earth I could find the Celtic. Lad looks at me like I'm completely stupid and says I've found it. I'm stood in the Caltex garage, which we had circled about 8 times
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Numpty's finally update

This just reminded me of something someone said at work!! A young english girl went round to her next door neighbours pretty upset because she'd locked herself out of her car and the old man opened the door and said "what ever is the matter dear come through and sit on my dick and tell me all about it" she was absolutely mortified!! (i bet her face was a picture) she made her excuses and left, only later realising what he had mean't. "Come sit on my deck"
It gives a whole new meaning to the saying "It's not what you say, but how you say it" lol

Originally Posted by MOSO
Glad you've settled in well. The accent is playing havoc with me too. I had to go to the emergency docs on Friday and I thought he asked if I walked, I said no I came in the car.... he looked at me puzzled, repeated it, I said again I came in the car as I needed to get here quickly, thinking he was concerned about how I got there and would get home again, but a nurse walked past and translated - did I work not walk!!!

I later phoned a kiwi friend about buying a snorkel. She suggested 'ribble' sports and then asked if I had been in them in the UK. I said I'd never heard of them, and then realised she meant 'rebel'. So confusing....

My son said he keeps gettting his spellings wrong at school as he's not sure what the teacher is saying....a good excuse for getting them wrong I think!!

Last edited by aalls73; Nov 23rd 2009 at 7:36 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:40 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aalls73
This just reminded me of something someone said at work!! A young english girl went round to her next door neighbours pretty upset because she'd locked herself out of her car and the old man opened the door and said "what ever is the matter dear come through and sit on my dick and tell me all about it" she was absolutely mortified!! (i bet her face was a picture) she made her excuses and left, only later realising what he had mean't. "Come sit on my deck"
It gives a whole new meaning to the saying "It's not what you say, but how you say it" lol
Brill please keep them coming, cheering me up

Maybe we can start a new thread with these funny sayings, unless someone has already done one but I aint seen it??

Tina. x

Last edited by willand tina_h; Nov 23rd 2009 at 9:41 pm. Reason: missed something out :)
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

LOL I can't wait. Aw Numptyhead - it sounds wonderful and am sooooo glad you doing well. Love the pugs on the beach image!!! Can't wait to hear more!!

HH
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:33 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic update Numptyhead! I am so happy for you and the pugs! I hope everything continues wonderfully for you and may you find all your heart's desires in your new life Hoping to hear more happy updates from you soon!

H x.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

I am soooo pleased for you
well we have done our recce and I have signed my contract for work so now its all systems go as we plan to be living in the northshore in march 2010!!!!!
I am expecting the first 6 months to be a mind numbing experience as we try and adapt to our new life and get used to everything!
All i can say of my recce was that 3 weeks wasnt enough as i didnt want to come back!
please keep me informed of your journey and any tips you feel would help us settle xxxx
alison
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Numpty's update 1st December

We have had such a busy weekend with moving into the house but we are in now and the puggies are with us. They are following us everywhere in the house but I suspect they think we will be wanting to abandon them again. All is well with the world. We have just had a cup of tea on our balcony and its just lovely. Lots of ducks and geese out on the lagoon. Got a big piece of pork which we will roast today and have a proper dinner.

Work is feeling a lot better now….Jesus what a learning curve I’m having. The girls are so nice and a lot seem to have a similar sense of humour as me…which is fab. We have our Xmas dinner next Friday. They seem to do lots of things together.

I wrote the above at the weekend..its Tuesday evening now…lol

Monday was a git of a day day (That’s putting it mildly). I had totally forgotten how awful ED could be on a Monday. A confused patient decided that even though I had taken him to the loo that he would do a big ‘jollop’ on the toilet floor. As I was cleaning it up he did some more and narrowly me. I wanted to cry…honestly it was horrible…..funny now….but so wasn’t at the time.

Today was lovely. Got a sting ray wound in today…wow notice how I just drop that in like it’s a normal event….lol.

I’ve got my tomatoes in the ground….. need to get the chillies in but can’t be bothered tonight. I’ve been going to bed by 9pm every night and up at 6am, very different from my old UK life…lol

Made a chicken curry tonight with basmati rice…..really nice. Home cooking is the way forward here. Most takeaways taste shite as does the frozen food (pizza etc). We had fush and chups last night coz of my nightmare shift. I had no idea what fish to have, so I had Hoki…urgh. Tom had blue whitening which was far better, but we won’t be going there again for a long time or earlier if the senile dementia kicks in again and we forget how crap it was.

Getting Sky put in on Thursday. The 2 TV channels we get at the moment does not do it for us. Coronation street about 2 years behind the UK version. Mind you to be honest I’m not really watching much….too knackered. I’ve got Thursday and Friday off this week and really looking forward to it….major gardening will be the order of the day.

After being bitten to death… mozzies and sand flies, we now have automatic insect repellants around the house. Oh how they love me

Twit ‘n’ Twat (Harry and Nins) are settling in well and its lovely to have them back with us

Well time for me to go and frost the chocolate cake I’ve just made……lol. Might put a pot of coffee on too. Actually no, I won’t have coffee, as I am now an old trout, it interferes with my sleep….so a cup of char it will be.

We've been here 3 weeks today and it is so goooood
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Plook
Well done Maria, it really sounds like you have taken to it and adjusted perfectly. I knew you'd love it; NZ is paradise! Now we have to work on me............

"They knowed you were coming"

The Boy
Hello my lovely Bro...lol...what you doing reading my update...
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Thanks for that Numpty

I have been so dissillusioned lately- i can hardly read any of the threads - i only read yours 'cos i wanted to know how you are getting on.
Everytime i log on it seems no one has a good word to say and if someone says smething good - someone else tells them they are wrong!!!. When i am already teetering on the edge this is not the sort of stuff i need at all.

I have a good idea what we are in for (good and bad) im not expecting paradise but reading your thread has left me feeling somewhat uplifted - and for that, i thank you, from the bottom of my heart

Keep us updated - glad the pugs are settling well - my youngest still has that christmas photo on his computer as his wallpaper. another couple of weeks and it will look like it should be there x
Hi Darling

Sorry to read that you had been dissillusioned with making the move and glad you enjoyed the update. We have done so much in 3 weeks, its hard to believe really.
Moving to the other side of the world is such a massive thing, something I really didn't appreciate totally....despite all the research!

I started work way too early...8 days after I arrived....bloody stupid coz I've now got to work the whole summer before I cantake any holiday. Its not the end of the world but I would do that bit differently.

We have a whole container full of crap coming, not sure I would do that again either. I know I will love it when my stuff comes, but right now I am wondering whether it was worth paying the £3500....especially as we have had to buy quite a bit of stuff here (albeit mostly secondhand) to get by

For us we are living the dream, but our dream was very simple. I can see already that NZ wouldn't suit everyone
x
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
lol, this has made me remember something I'd long forgotten- when we first arrived in Hawkes Bay in Jan 2007 we collected a hire car from the airport and they said we could drop it back in Hastings (much more convienient), just park infront of and drop keys through the door next to the Celtic.

We drove round and round and round looking for the 'Celtic', cursing ourselves that we hadn't thought to get a full address and cursing the Kiwi laidbackness that had assumed it would be obvious to all. Eventually we pulled up in a garage and I went in and asked where on earth I could find the Celtic. Lad looks at me like I'm completely stupid and says I've found it. I'm stood in the Caltex garage, which we had circled about 8 times
LOL.....exactly the same word got me the other day. Girls at work were telling me where to hire a trailer and said Celtics....Luckily for me, I spelled it out to them and they both started laughing...they were saying Caltex...ho hum
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Numptyhead, I have been looking for this thread, lol, did not look far did I ??? Wow, you have also made me a bit more with it, I have to agree, not much going down on here at the mo, think we are all waiting to hear from the ma's, haha. I am truely pleased for you and just hope that we can be in your position very soon. Good luck with the new house and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tina. x
Hi Tina

Hey so well done on the BMI...wow....... Good luck with all your plans. Hope to hear some good news soon x
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by forshy
I am soooo pleased for you
well we have done our recce and I have signed my contract for work so now its all systems go as we plan to be living in the northshore in march 2010!!!!!
I am expecting the first 6 months to be a mind numbing experience as we try and adapt to our new life and get used to everything!
All i can say of my recce was that 3 weeks wasnt enough as i didnt want to come back!
please keep me informed of your journey and any tips you feel would help us settle xxxx
alison
Hi Alison,

So pleased for you. Will PM when I get the chance...my bed is calling me now x
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

All is well with the world.
Very pleased that it is all going well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.