Reload this Page >

Landed and 1mth in update

Landed and 1mth in update

Old Nov 5th 2013, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

kodachrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed and 1mth in update

As requested in the Arrivals thread.

Spent just over a week in Auckland, then nearly 2wks in a Serviced Apartment in Wellington (Southern Cross on Abel Smith) which was fine but very much not my style at all (house owner in Ireland).

I was sticking with the frugal living so I could see how my job application panned out.. which as it happens was very well as I got the job over a week ago after 7 interview stages.

Unlike those from the UK, from an Irish perspective Salary and Costs of many things here are way better.. so far this is working out really well.
Got Car and house to rent all done now, just used the job as my reference.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:04 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed and 1mth in update

glad like you are finding your feet. what area are you renting in?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
glad like you are finding your feet. what area are you renting in?
Maungaraki, Lower Hutt.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 12:46 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Glad to read it is all going well. Sounds like you're going to have a lovely NZ summer.

Welcome to NZ.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:40 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kodachrome
Maungaraki, Lower Hutt.
keep an eye out on the social forum and when the weathers better I shall be posting up an invite for BE members to come to ours for a BBQ if you fancy it
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
keep an eye out on the social forum and when the weathers better I shall be posting up an invite for BE members to come to ours for a BBQ if you fancy it
Yeah definitely (and I already replied there ), was just about to post now that I have the basics setup, need to start thinking about the human/personal stuff as I like know absolutely no one here!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Maungaraki, Lower Hutt.
Hello neighbour, I'm in Korokoro :-)

Happy to meet you for coffee and give you info about the Hutt.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Zuzuspetals is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we also arrived not so long ago.
Well done on the job and getting settled somewhere.
Neither are easy I know - having cats one landlord wanted to charge us an extra $100 a WEEK!!!! You can imagine what we said the them!

I've become involved in setting up Wellington Newcomers Network and the first event will be Thursday 21 November at Hotel Bristol (131 Cuba Street) from 5:30 -7:00pm
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Welli...90863774312405
Hope to meet some of you there (2 other dates planned soon if the 21st no good for you!)

I'll do another Wellington headed post for this too to attract all those in the area!
Old Nov 9th 2013, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Hello neighbour, I'm in Korokoro :-)

Happy to meet you for coffee and give you info about the Hutt.
We should do that, maybe sometime over the next week!? I dont have any interesting Hutt questions though.

Originally Posted by Zuzuspetals
I've become involved in setting up Wellington Newcomers Network and the first event will be Thursday 21 November at Hotel Bristol (131 Cuba Street) from 5:30 -7:00pm
I'd definitely attend, but Im nearly sure I have a company offsite on the 21 and 22nd November.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

... start thinking about the human/personal stuff as I like know absolutely no one here!
Welcome!!

I knew quite a few people here on arriving (wife is a local) but I still took it upon myself to find a Cricket team and a Rugby team without the help of people I already know - thus throwing myself into a bunch of strangers, with no links or ties, but who I have a common interest with and so far it's proved to be an great idea!!

I highly recommend following your hobbies and past times from your pre-NZ life to get to meet like minded people, certainly if you know no one.