Four years in

Old Apr 28th 2015, 7:16 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Four years in

Well time has just flown past and I can hardly believe that I have been here for 4 years. The 4 years have had their lows but, thankfully, mostly their highs. My husband not being able to find to work when he arrived was a low; however we decided as a little family that he would go back to school and retrain. He said he didn't actually want to be an electrical engineer anymore, so I said to him this is our chance to have a new life, your life is a blank canvas go and paint a new picture, so he did!! He undertook his degree, and graduated in December 2014. The graduation ceremony was the biggest high of our lives; I cried all the way through the ceremony and missed him being capped!!! The next huge high was him getting what can only be described as his dream job, 2 days after finishing his finals.

Renting turned out to be a low, the houses were lovely, either the neighbours (first rental) or landlady (second rental) were the problems. So that kind of forced us to buy our own house (all whilst hubby was doing his degree). And now we have our own acre of New Zealand, with room for the chickens, the two alpacas and of course the cat.

I still enjoy my job, the people I work with are very nice, and the work holds my interest, for now!!

We have had a few pieces of bad news from the UK, nothing that has really made us either want to jump on a plane back for a visit or question our decision to move here. Homesickness has not kicked in at all, whilst we miss certain things, nothing that can't be replaced (other than friends and family or course).

In our time here we have done lots of exploring, both north and south islands, had lots of adventures and tried out some new experiences which I doubt we would have done in the UK, primarily because of the sheer amount of hours we both worked!!

So all in all the move from the UK to Invercargill has been well and truly worth it. I know Invercargill isn't for everyone, but the way I see it there are only so many art galleries you can go to, only so many cafes and wine bars you can drink at, only so many theatre shows you can attend and with only a 9 minute drive to work, I don't let those things really bother me!!

Now we are firmly at home in NZ, and very much looking forward to whatever the next four years has to offer.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 8:32 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four years in

Great post and glad it all worked out well in the end and hope the next four years bring good times
Old Apr 28th 2015, 9:12 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Great update, good on ya
Old Apr 29th 2015, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one!
Old May 1st 2015, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for posting a positive