Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

First 6 weeks done...

First 6 weeks done...

Old Jul 5th 2011, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

seansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really nice
Default First 6 weeks done...

Finally made it...
It seemed to take forever and the final destination was a little different than expected but....

We left the UK in 2007 and moved to NSW coast for a new life and work. While we were there we had two beautiful daughters and made lots of friends.
That said it never really felt like home - i know it takes a long time to settle and i was more settled than my wife but something was missing.

New Zealand popped into our heads when my employer asked if anyone would be interested in relocating and my wife and I just looked at each other and thought why not??

When the decision was made we were already part way through our OZ PR so had to wait for that to be granted which we got at the end of April. With that done we were able to jump on the plane with our life in a 40ft container and the cat in a box over to Auckland.

We arrived in NZ on the 28th of May and I started work with my new (old) company on the 1st of June - and i must say i love it.

First 6 weeks done....

Lived in a hotel for 5 weeks while sorting out a house - not easy for OH with 2kiddiewinks.

Found a place - moved in last Monday at Milford, North Shore - not spent much time there yet but first impressions it looks to be an awesome place.

Got all of our stuff from the removalists - inluding loads of damage - you gotta love what goes through some of their minds when the pack baby clothes with cat toys etc etc (must stop talking about that as the rant could go on forever!!!):curse:

Lost the cat after we picked him up.

Found the cat 1 week later looking hungry and somewhat confused as to where the Aussie sun had gone.

Now all of us are here we can start the next exiting chapter in our lives......

Thanks

Sean

PS - i turned a heater on for the first time in 4 years last week......bbrrr