Finally an update

Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Finally an update

There you are. I have been wondering how you were doing.

You've come a full circle & found yourself. Your missing piece. Who you now are.

I wish you nothing but the very best for you and your family Dannigirl, with wonderful years ahead for you all.

You are brave you know. You may not feel that about yourself, but you are very brave . Also, you are always honest and I just love that about you.

Don't be a stranger. Touch base now and again as it would be good to know how life in Wales is.

I found the bit about the different type of busy very interesting.

All the best.
M
Old Nov 14th 2013, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Awww DG - so pleased that you are happy again. All good wishes for you and your family.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 12:59 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Dannigirl. Glad you sold your house for what you wanted and are back in Britain before Christmas. I hardly envy you at all really !

Good luck for the future back in Wales.

Some of your story mirrors my husband i.e. met me on his O.E. and stayed.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 1:42 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

good luck Hun. Have a fantastic Christmas back at home.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

It must be great to have made the decision and acted on it so quickly Danni.

As a returning Kiwi I could relate to a lot of your posts.

I know for myself that I had to reinvest quite a lot in my relationships with both family and friends each time we came home as I felt closer to my OH's family in the UK. At times it was not easy as I had changed and they seemed to have moved on.

Best wishes to you and yours, it is important to be where you need to be if you can. NZ will always be here should things change in the future.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

I can totally understand why you missed the UK, after a year and half in dunedin I'm starting to get serious cabin fever. Nothing particular bad happens here and nothing particular good happens, it's just a bit mundane. Its not a Dunedin thing, more of a NZ thing.

I'm glad you're enjoying it back in the UK, fair play to you.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 6:17 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

great news!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
I can totally understand why you missed the UK, after a year and half in dunedin I'm starting to get serious cabin fever. Nothing particular bad happens here and nothing particular good happens, it's just a bit mundane. Its not a Dunedin thing, more of a NZ thing.

Interestingly, I would say the same thing about where I'm from back in the UK - isn't this just life in general?

Shouldn't we be charging ourselves with the job of exploring and seeking out the good happenings? Good things, like success and god forbid 'luck' don't happen by waiting around for stuff to happen.

Good luck in Wales DG!!!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Interestingly, I would say the same thing about where I'm from back in the UK - isn't this just life in general?

Shouldn't we be charging ourselves with the job of exploring and seeking out the good happenings? Good things, like success and god forbid 'luck' don't happen by waiting around for stuff to happen.

I'm always out exploring and I enjoy seeking out new places, but finding a new beach is getting a little tedious. I recently drove to Christchurch twice, the nearest place of any significance and I really enjoyed seeing another place and having a look around. But that's a 5 and half hour drive each way, that's my point, there's nothing much outside of the city boundries, just more similar coast line and empty long roads.

I was hoping to get over to Aussie this xmas for the ashes but the price of flights are a piss take. I'm trapped and I'm starting to go stir crazy.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:05 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

that's my point, there's nothing much outside of the city boundries, just more similar coast line and empty long roads.
I agree. That's what people come to NZ for admittedly. Until they are driving those self same roads day in day out. An hour on the road in Britain is the same as an hour on the road in New Zealand. Some might cite being able to drive rather than being stuck in traffic is their preference, but hey, that's still an hour gone.

However, crawling along at 50kph (about 32.5mph) behind a loaded, stinky, stock truck full of sheep or calves is about as pleasant as being in a huge-but-expected traffic jam in Britain. For the avoidance of doubt, the smell of diesel exhaust fumes is the same in NZ as it is in Britain.

It's about an hour's drive to the nearest large town, ok for shopping I suppose. I'm not that interested in either me or my husband shuttling back and forth to there for work as that undermines one of the biggest reasons for relocating to NZ i.e. my husband getting off the commuting treadmill. However, I would if I had to. But with no commuter trains or regular buses, no commuting worries either - way hay ! Which brings me back to......not getting any offers of employment so no worries about commuting. Or even using up shoe leather if I got a job locally and would be happy to walk.

I'm trapped and I'm starting to go stir crazy
I've borrowed some books from the library about inner peace ! I've got enough time on my hands to be able to read them too. In fact, it's a nice day, I might go and sit in the garden.

I've nicked this thread, sorry, can we please go

Last edited by Snap Shot; Nov 14th 2013 at 9:16 pm. Reason: garden
Old Nov 15th 2013, 1:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm trapped and I'm starting to go stir crazy.
I know that feeling. It's a bit like a kaleidoscope. A variation on the exact same everywhere you look.
I'm over many of the places we can visit here as we have the exact same........here.

Anyway. Dannigirl has made some tough choices & she now deserves to feel settled.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back! Glad financially it wasn't such a hit after all on the house sale.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

'Tis a 'Groundhog Day' thing .
Old Nov 15th 2013, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TommyLuck

Good luck in Wales DG!!!
The difference is in the UK you can usually afford to go away by plane (cheaply) to experience another culture. In NZ..there is ...Oz.....
Old Nov 15th 2013, 8:04 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, lovely news Dannigirl But I hope that's not your very last installment - I hope you'll let us know how you get on settling and reacquainting with UK.

Really thrilled for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.