Considering the move

Old Dec 28th 2011, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

dannyboy108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Considering the move

Gday and happy new year to everyone. This is my first attempt at a post here on BE. I have been a keen reader of this great site for the past six months and have enjoyed reading everyones input.
I really felt compelled to write my thoughts and experiences of this great country.
I first arrived here in july of this year with my fiancee on a twelve month working holiday from the uk having spent the previous 5 months in Australia.

We started our journey in the Abel Tasman where we both managed to find work which enabled us to fund some touring. My first thoughts of new Zealand were how beautiful the scenery was and how friendly the people were.

Just simple things like people saying hello and having the time of day for you an art that has been completely lost in the south east ot the u.k.
After we finished in the Abel Tasman we headed for Christchurch some may say not a good idea post earthquake.

Once again we managed to find work my fiancee in admin and myself working in the earthquake recovery effort. Which gave me a huge sense of job satifaction and showed me just how much spirit cantabrians truly have.

Our jobs have sinced finished and we will be heading back to london early next year with a dilemma. Having lived and worked here and enjoyed our stay so much we are considering returning permanently.

We realise that it is a long way from loved ones and family and homesickness has been a factor but ultimately our quality of life would be better.

It makes you realise how overcrowded the uk really is when you come to a country such as New Zealand the misery of the commute to work endless queues and the loss of community spirit which seems to be well and truly alive here in Canterbury.

I undertsand that a lot of people have the dilemma of do they stay in the uk or make the huge decision to emmigrate i suppose is what i,m faced with now.

But if living and enjoying the fundenental things of life then make New Zealand your choice. Apologies for punctuality.

Happy New Year
Old Dec 29th 2011, 1:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Considering the move

Thank you so much for sharing with us here.

Whatever the future holds for you both, I hope you have a great life & that is regardless if you emigrate to NZ , stay put or find yourselves settling in some other part of the world.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 3:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering the move

What a great, first post dannyboy. to BE & our NZ forums in particular.

Sounds like you've had a worthwhile & interesting stay in NZ. Wishing you the very best of luck for whatever the future brings.