4 months in...

Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 months in...

Hi all, well how the time has flown. Its now 4 months and I can't imagine living anywhere else but here! We are still not sure if this is the honeymoon period still but we have absolutely not regretted this move once..yet Daughter has settled into another new school but at least she made friends at primary who haved moved up to intermediate with her. My job is going great, the more shifts I do the more I enjoy working there. OH has had some work, it was temporary and may be nearly over but at least he has made contacts and got his foot in the door so to speak. We have got out and about as much as time will allow and are enjoying exploring the area.

We have had our first visitors who stayed 8 weeks and have now gone home and I have to say we are glad, as much as I love my mum how the hell she puts up with my stepdad God only knows OH is moving out the next time they come over Its nice to be us 3 again and we can finally settle ourselves in properly. They arrived 4 days after the container so we didn't get much time to unpack!

I have discovered a horror of cockroaches but we have got those thingy's that spray stuff out regularly and I think thats sorted them out (I'm not very technically minded) I get plagued by sandflies but when I remember to put the cream on they leave me alone!!

We keep waiting for the homesickness to kick in but live in hope it won't. We have truly fallen in love with this country-warts and all- and from our point of view wish we had done this a long time ago. We have a nice little house, Auckland 15 mins by bus, beach 5 mins by car. How much better does life get? Maybe we will think differently when summer is over but so far so good........ Bevissa
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 months in...

Excellent post
Long may you love NZ
We have been here just over 6 months and we feel like we have always lived here!
Definately the right decision to move over for us!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Good isn't it?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

So lovely to read your update....Good on you me ol' cobber!

Sorry I don't have time to expand on the looooove but got to dash as off to work
Love ya
Maria x
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:42 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hi all, well how the time has flown. Its now 4 months and I can't imagine living anywhere else but here! We are still not sure if this is the honeymoon period still but we have absolutely not regretted this move once..yet Daughter has settled into another new school but at least she made friends at primary who haved moved up to intermediate with her. My job is going great, the more shifts I do the more I enjoy working there. OH has had some work, it was temporary and may be nearly over but at least he has made contacts and got his foot in the door so to speak. We have got out and about as much as time will allow and are enjoying exploring the area.

We have had our first visitors who stayed 8 weeks and have now gone home and I have to say we are glad, as much as I love my mum how the hell she puts up with my stepdad God only knows OH is moving out the next time they come over Its nice to be us 3 again and we can finally settle ourselves in properly. They arrived 4 days after the container so we didn't get much time to unpack!

I have discovered a horror of cockroaches but we have got those thingy's that spray stuff out regularly and I think thats sorted them out (I'm not very technically minded) I get plagued by sandflies but when I remember to put the cream on they leave me alone!!

We keep waiting for the homesickness to kick in but live in hope it won't. We have truly fallen in love with this country-warts and all- and from our point of view wish we had done this a long time ago. We have a nice little house, Auckland 15 mins by bus, beach 5 mins by car. How much better does life get? Maybe we will think differently when summer is over but so far so good........ Bevissa
Great update so good to see you are settling in well and embracing everything NZ has to offer.

Dewb
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Great post there. Have some 4 month karma.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Good isn't it?
You bet!
Wouldnt want to live anywhere else!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Good to hear your having a good time! You've been here a few months longer than us as the wife and I arrived here the week before xmas.

Both found jobs fairly quickly thank god, and last week we finally managed to secure a rental. Got a lovely 2 bed apartment in Takapuna, just a 10 minute walk from the wifes job, and a 10min walk to Akoranga bus station for me for the bus ride to the CBD. Move in at the weekend and can't wait!

Totally fallen for the kiwi lifestyle now. Loving everything, good and bad about the country so far! Applied for 2 year work permit last week so fingers crossed its the start of a good life here.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndyR
Good to hear your having a good time! You've been here a few months longer than us as the wife and I arrived here the week before xmas.

Both found jobs fairly quickly thank god, and last week we finally managed to secure a rental. Got a lovely 2 bed apartment in Takapuna, just a 10 minute walk from the wifes job, and a 10min walk to Akoranga bus station for me for the bus ride to the CBD. Move in at the weekend and can't wait!

Totally fallen for the kiwi lifestyle now. Loving everything, good and bad about the country so far! Applied for 2 year work permit last week so fingers crossed its the start of a good life here.
Hi, agree with all you have said My OH is a sparky and has so far not been able to get work. Should be better soon. Going to UK would be the very, very last resort. With my income from work and savings hopefully we won't have to even think about it. Hope you are not homesick either. We don't even want to go back for a holiday We are in Forrest Hill which is nice and central! Keep enjoying, Bevissa
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Hi, agree with all you have said My OH is a sparky and has so far not been able to get work. Should be better soon. Going to UK would be the very, very last resort. With my income from work and savings hopefully we won't have to even think about it. Hope you are not homesick either. We don't even want to go back for a holiday We are in Forrest Hill which is nice and central! Keep enjoying, Bevissa
No, not homesick at all and going back to the UK is not even an option

Went to the lantern festival over the weekend (next to our temp apartment) and had a great time. Its just nice to be able to go out and enjoy being around people without the worry of drunk/chavs causing hassle like it was back home.

Glad your enjoying it!

I LOVE NEW ZEALAND
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:38 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Good isn't it?
Hi So glad you love NZ like most of us I wish also we had done it a long time ago feel short changed at times for not doing it sooner, hope it all works out good luck. Looking forward to the update in months to come.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi So glad you love NZ like most of us I wish also we had done it a long time ago feel short changed at times for not doing it sooner, hope it all works out good luck. Looking forward to the update in months to come.
Hi,
What a lovely up date...thank you..it's so lovely to see that you are all in enjoying NZ...such positive vibes...thank you ...and of course continue enjoying and posting the lovely up dates...

xElainex
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:42 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Hi,
What a lovely up date...thank you..it's so lovely to see that you are all in enjoying NZ...such positive vibes...thank you ...and of course continue enjoying and posting the lovely up dates...

xElainex
Hi Elaine its not all a bed of roses at time you miss friends and family, and good fish and chips and TKMAX and other items but you move on.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi Elaine its not all a bed of roses at time you miss friends and family, and good fish and chips and TKMAX and other items but you move on.
Hi there,
Thank you for the reply, yes l'm sure what you say is very true...but as you also say you do move on.
OH and l are still researching NZ as so many on here have and of course we also recognise too that it's not all plain sailing, but then life in general isn't is it really...l enjoy reading post such as these as they serve to inspire as well as give the second thoughts an airing as it were...it's healthy to feel both ...Again thank you and l look forward to reading more ...

xElainex