2.5 weeks in...

Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice
Talking 2.5 weeks in...

So in summary;

it's cold, dark really quite windy and been raining on and off for a few days here in Palmy...

I've fought with estate agents who just don't seem to realise that people actually WORK FULL TIME for a living and can't just pop out to view a property at 11am on a Wednesday,

I've bought a car without my husband being here (I've given myself a brownie point for this one!),

I've had an amazing bowl of coffee and an Anzac cookie (which I've had loads before) but this one topped them all,

I've moved out of a lovely but hellishingly noisy and expensive motel into a small but QUIET room for a short while til I find a house,

I've looked at at least 10 properties, 80% not quite what I had in mind...(but then I did choose to view them!)

I've learnt that one can't offer on a rental property without actually stepping inside it (highly annoying but hey...crying, spilt milk blah blah blah),

I finally got to view my favourite property (by leaving work an hour early),
I've offered on it, it's a lovely quiet, rural property and hopefully find out in <48 hours who can move in. (there was a lot of competition for it),

I've been paid my first fortnightly NZ wage and it's slightly more than I thought (whoop whoop),

I bought something on sale at Briscoes although it was still expensive but I can't wait to use it (coffee machine),

I'm going skiing this weekend without having to find a babysitter first or miss out because I am the babysitter!

I've been allowed to skype/surf the net using a work computer after hours as I don't have internet access otherwise,

I've been leant a car to go househunting by someone I've only known for a week,

I was allowed to take my new car home even though I'd only paid a deposit (reasonable) while I waited for my UK funds to arrive,
and overall, the weather has been ok. Cold but blue skies and the mountains look stunning when they're not covered in clouds...

My husband and daughter arrive in a month and I can't wait. The missing family truly sucks...

So my bottom line is, I LOVE IT! I can't wait til my family are here and we can finally start living our dream!

I hope I can write an update with this enthusiasm in 10 years time!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 1:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2.5 weeks in...

Great update jj. on the property. You need to change your location on your profile . Need to add family to the August leavers & arrivals thread as well.

Just doing some general housekeeping
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2.5 weeks in...

loved your update..happy family re-union