SNAKES

Old Aug 31st 2014, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute
Default SNAKES

Although we always have to be aware that we are living in a country with a high population of snakes, and have to ensure that our children know what to do when they come across one - I thought my friend's awful experience today was worthy of sharing to remind everyone that we must be really careful.

My friend was jogging in Leisure Farm today with her two dogs. They ran into the jungle but only one dog came back. When she went to look for her dog she found her with a very large python wrapped around her.

The guards came and killed the python but it was too late for her poor dog. This was a 5metre python. I'm still in shock having seen the photos
Old Sep 1st 2014, 8:07 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SNAKES

Yes that must have been quite a shock to see.

I no longer live at ground level but, when we had a house in Phuket we would regularly get cobras leaving their metre long skins outside our front door. I never actually saw a live one. What we were told is that if you leave them alone, they too will leave you alone. That's the way it works.

Of course, dogs are curious creatures. We had a couple of German friends with dogs and they told us that they regularly had to kill cobras in their garden as there was a mutual interest between the dogs and cobras. They were animal lovers and hated killing them, but, the decision between their dogs and a cobra, well...only one choice

Last edited by bakedbean; Sep 1st 2014 at 8:08 am. Reason: typo
Old Sep 1st 2014, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SNAKES

Bocat, apparently this was the third in a week... they took the other two away rather than kill them (so I heard). They killed this one because it killed the dog. Condolences to your friend....