Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor
Reload this Page >

Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Old Oct 6th 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

bellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

What discount is Pegasus offering? I hadn't considered them because of the Singapore curriculum and I worry its too academic for my daughter and less emphasis on fun. Have you visited them? What did you think?

Thanks.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

lene619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bellynbella
What discount is Pegasus offering? I hadn't considered them because of the Singapore curriculum and I worry its too academic for my daughter and less emphasis on fun. Have you visited them? What did you think?

Thanks.
No idea though. I saw in their webbie that there'll be a wide discount on fees and registration by 31st Oct.
Yea, that's why we didn't visit the school. We're only looking for IB school. =)
Old Oct 7th 2013, 5:35 am
Just Joined

bcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud of

Hi bellynbella,

Well initially we were to move to Bukit Indah area. But since we made the trip to visit Fairview, we also looked at some areas thereabouts. Hubs fell in love with a house we saw in Setia Tropika, 5 min from Fairview (also by SP Setia). It's in the Fenix Villa compound with a clubhouse (pool, lounge, tennis, indoor badminton, gym). In talks to purchase a villa there hope it falls through. We liked that it was peaceful. Not sure about expat community but I reckon there are expats fairly distributed around Johor. If we live in ST, hubs would commute to Sg via Woodlands. The traffic is not too bad, even if it's jammed up it's always moving.

However I do know that East Ledang and Leisure farm has a bigger expat community compared to other parts. You would use the 2nd link living on this side.

My kids are still quite young; 5 and 1 years. Hoping to find some playmates and play dates for them after we move.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 5:41 am
Just Joined

bcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud of

Thanks for that link. We probably wont be there on the 26 Oct No mini iPad for us...lol

Those of you that are interested in Fairview...have you seen there is a discount on fee's until the 31 Dec 2013? It's on the website. Great discount.
Discounts are always welcome in my books! Have to check it out.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks.
I might consider Pegasus. Will make a trip there n REAL next time we drop by Johor. Sg curri is good despite all the hype that many think it's too stressful. Well stressful in Singapore anyway! Intl school setting might be more fun n balanced? Haha it's all speculation at this point.

Will update once I get around to visiting.

So when will u be in Singapore/Johor and make your rounds?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Spinosum is an unknown quantity at this point

May I know, out of the many private schools, which are the ones providing Bahasa and Chinese lessons?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

bellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of light

Hi!

Spinosum...i really dont know. I haven't been looking at that. I"m just going with whatever language they teach at the school I choose.

bcml...my kids are 5 and 1 too My daughter is 5 (6 in May) and my son is 1 (2 in March). Thanks for that info. I will look where you said. We are only looking for rentals right now. I have been looking at East Ledang, Leisure Farm, Horizon Hills but it really depends on the school we choose as I dont want to go 20mins to drop her off and then turn around and have further into SG. If I have to drive in the opposite direction the either link thats adding at least 30mins to my commute. Then there is the school bus maybe? *rolling eyes* what if, what if, what if? That's where i'm at right now lol
We are looking at coming over on the 19-22 Oct now. It will only give us 2 full days so we're not going to get much done.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spinosum
May I know, out of the many private schools, which are the ones providing Bahasa and Chinese lessons?
I think all the international schools do bahasa and mandarin as the 2nd language. Just the frequency differs. Some do it once or twice a week. And others probably do it more frequently.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Hi!

Spinosum...i really dont know. I haven't been looking at that. I"m just going with whatever language they teach at the school I choose.

bcml...my kids are 5 and 1 too My daughter is 5 (6 in May) and my son is 1 (2 in March). Thanks for that info. I will look where you said. We are only looking for rentals right now. I have been looking at East Ledang, Leisure Farm, Horizon Hills but it really depends on the school we choose as I dont want to go 20mins to drop her off and then turn around and have further into SG. If I have to drive in the opposite direction the either link thats adding at least 30mins to my commute. Then there is the school bus maybe? *rolling eyes* what if, what if, what if? That's where i'm at right now lol
We are looking at coming over on the 19-22 Oct now. It will only give us 2 full days so we're not going to get much done.
My boys are both October born! Good luck in your recon visit! I think you will hit the ground running
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Spinosum is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone knows of the fee structure of Excelsior International School at Bandar Seri Alam? Can't find any info on the fees in their website. Anyone been there? How is the traffic condition traveling from town area to that school?
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:44 am
Just Joined

I didn't consider Excelsior because of the distance so therefore have no idea what their fee structure is. Don't know much about the traffic situation going towards Masai area but I hear traffic does build up along the pasir gudang highway during peak hours.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:49 am
Just Joined

lene619 is an unknown quantity at this point

The traffic jam at pasir gudang highway is very bad at times... >_<
Old Dec 1st 2013, 9:33 am
Just Joined

wendywong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i am new to the forum and thank you so much for all the information here. I have 3 kids, age 4, 5, & 7 now, am also looking for good international school at JB. Apart from Sri Ara & Fairview as recommendation, does any of you check out REAL School at Permas Jaya?
Old Dec 7th 2013, 11:47 am
Just Joined

wendywong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Froggybarnacle2000
Hello mfwarren! My daughter goes to Sri Ara. We chose it because it was walking distance from where we live now. We moved to JB from Singapore late November last year. We've got a similar story. We lived in Singapore since 2000. We love living in Singapore, but after being there for so long we realised the utter economic sensibility of living in Johor whilst working in Singapore. Plus we'd gathered enough cojones to move to the so-called "dark side." Our daughter started attending Sri Ara in Jan this year. You got the same professional and helpful reception we had when we first inquired about it. Have you been there yet? The school is in a couple of black-and-white houses along the road...it is a bit run-down in some places, but the students do not seem to mind it all. So far so good, our daughter absolutely loves it. The teachers (specially her form teacher) are really dedicated to the students. There are at most eight students in each year level so you can imagine the attention they get from their teachers. My only concern is that Mandarin is not really a priority subject in Sri Ara.As such, she is losing the Mandarin she'd learned when she was attending primary school in Singapore... Good luck with the search for the school, and bravo for making the move! If you have any more q's just pm me. Cheers
Hi froggy, i am wendy. My husband and i just visited Sri Ara and were very impressed with the teachers and staff there. The only concern we have, the really look like outdated facilities..the classrooms, computers... After visiting fairview, austin height, R.E.A.L, we are considring fairview or sri ara. How's your kids doing there at sri ara after 1 year of being there? Do you mind giving me some advices? thanks!
Old Dec 7th 2013, 12:05 pm
Banned

laurenholmes is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new in this forum thanks for giving useful details , it will definitely help everyone to know information about International Schools

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.