Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor
Reload this Page >

Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:59 am
Just Joined

lene619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Originally Posted by bellynbella
Hi Froggy,

Yes I saw those comments, thanks. I have looked at their website but they are the only one who dont say what their fees are. Any one know?

I have emailed them but they havent gotten back to me.

Thanks.

Sri Ara don't reply mails until a week later. >_< It's better to call them up for an appointment.
I think I still have their infos and fees. I'll let you know in abit. =)
Old Oct 4th 2013, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Hi bellynbella,

Heres the fees for Sri Ara. =)

Registration for yr1 to yr11 (rm2500) (non refundable)

Family registration for more than 2 children : rm5500

Deposit (refundable) : yr 1-3 (rm5000), yr4&5 (rm5670), yr6&7 (rm6500), yr8&9 (rm7500), yr10&11 (rm8000)

Miscellaneous annual fee : yr 1-5 (rm500), yr 6-11 (rm550)

School fees (yearly) : yr1-3 (rm15000), yr4&5 (rm17000), yr6&7 (rm19500), yr8&9 (rm22500) and yr 10&11(rm24000)

Term fees : yr1-3 (rm5000 x 3), yr4&5 (rm5670 x 3), yr 6&7 (rm6500 x 3), yr8&9 (rm7500 x 3), yr10&11 (rm8000 x 3).
Old Oct 4th 2013, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

bellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of light

aahh excellent! Thank you so much lene! Thats the last one on my spreadsheet lol.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

aahh excellent! Thank you so much lene! Thats the last one on my spreadsheet lol.
Ya most welcome bella! =)
Old Oct 6th 2013, 5:38 am
Just Joined

bcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud of

Spinosum.. Seri Omega will be moving to their new campus in Senai soon. Took a drive there just last Friday to get a feel of it. It looks nice, but of course, cos it's spanking new. But I had my reservations about this school because the lady we spoke to emphasized on caning (horror!! ) and discipline is very strict. She was quick to add that only the principle n vice principles carry out caning ( in the principle's office). I also didn't like that the class sizes were too big. Maximum 43-45 in a class with just one teacher.

Bellynbella.. Yes! Indeed a very big decision! Well here is my personal opinion as of now of the schools I have seen

Sri Ara - I liked that it has a very intimate feel. The teaching staff really seemed to genuinely have a love for teaching n the students. Class sizes were small so kids will get sufficient attention and care. Most of the teachers have been teaching there for many years with not much turnover and they are one of the oldest and established schools in Johor. However they do not have sporting facilities and because of such a small student population there can't be much in terms of sports and activities. The school cannot compare to the newer schools which are purpose built. But strong in academics and syllabus.

Tenby - it is a new school with facilities. Good mix of expat kids and locals. Didn't speak to any teachers because classes were in session. Saw some middle school kids having swim classes in the pool and the preschool kids having water play outside. We actually met an Australian family with 3 boys at a cafe in bukit indah while we had lunch. Had a chat with mum and she was very happy with Tenby so far. She is a teacher too. And they moved a year ago from Singapore to JB. Her kids were in the govt school in sg but she preferred schooling in JB as it's not so stressful and academically driven. Kids were happy. They were going for Mandarin tuition after school as school only does Mandarin twice a week.

Seri Omega - as above. I ruled it out already! Haha!

Fairview - small school population and using the IB curri. Class sizes capped at 25. They r currently housed at the Johor Land compound and utilize their fields and swimming pool. They have bought a piece of land nearby ((5 min away) but it would be another 2-3 years before they move. Although a rented property, buildings were decent n in good condition and felt cozy. I quite liked the IB syllabus and how they teach kids to be inquisitive and to think for themselves. There are no preset examinations only the IB diploma which they can take after they finish year 11. However, parents can opt to have their kids do the Cambridge set of exams besides the mid and yearly school exams, if they wish. Teachers were pleasant n passionate about their job. School has been in operation for 2 years (Johor campus) and majority ares till around.
Plus point- school finishes at 1:20pm and CCAs after if any. So kids come home earlier. As compared to other schools that finish at 3pm, with CCAs after.

Still to visit REAL schools and maybe Austin Heights and Pegasus. Have a good feeling about Fairview and the IB at the mo.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Spinosum is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the upcoming Private and International School Fair in JB will be worthwhile going to.
http://www.privateinternationalschoo...hor-bahru-2013
Old Oct 6th 2013, 7:26 am
Just Joined

bcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud of

Hi Lene619!

So have u decided on Fairview? If you are, when are you gonna enroll for the academic year? How old is your kid?

bcml
Old Oct 6th 2013, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bcml
Hi Lene619!

So have u decided on Fairview? If you are, when are you gonna enroll for the academic year? How old is your kid?

bcml
Hi bcml! Yup! We've decided on Fairview and will be going down to register my 6yrs old gal for year 1. =)
Their year 1 class is currently full so my gal will be going their 2nd class which will commence on January 2014.

We were told that they'll be giving free ipad mini if we go down to their booth to register at the International Schools fair. We'll be going down to the fair to register. =)

How about you?

Last edited by lene619; Oct 6th 2013 at 7:36 am.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 7:58 am
Just Joined

we are also leaning towards Fairview at the moment. My son is 2008 born and looking to register him for Year 1 in 2014. However I didn't know that they were setting up a class in January 2014. Thought that we had to wait till August 2014 which is their normal academic year. Will your daughters new class be the exception and follow the Jan-Dec academic year instead? Or pick up from term 2?

After a visit to REAL we will decide.

Hmmm maybe he is too young for Jan 2014 intake? Not sure will check again in the school fair when we visit later this month.

We might bump into you there!

Last edited by bcml; Oct 6th 2013 at 8:00 am.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

bellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lene,

When is the school fair? A free mini sounds good

bcml...wow, great run down. Thank you. They are exactly the points i was looking for. I havne't heard that many great reviews about Tenby so that's nice to hear an Australian family likes it.
Fairview also looks good to me as does Sri Ara but they are hugely different from each other, in every aspect it seems. I will have to wait till i'm there to visit and decide. It's just too difficult when I have no idea what any of the areas are like. Keep the advice coming though as I add it all to my spreadsheet

Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bcml
we are also leaning towards Fairview at the moment. My son is 2008 born and looking to register him for Year 1 in 2014. However I didn't know that they were setting up a class in January 2014. Thought that we had to wait till August 2014 which is their normal academic year. Will your daughters new class be the exception and follow the Jan-Dec academic year instead? Or pick up from term 2?

After a visit to REAL we will decide.

Hmmm maybe he is too young for Jan 2014 intake? Not sure will check again in the school fair when we visit later this month.

We might bump into you there!

Ahh... =) My gal is born in 2007. I remembered it's year 1 but my husband said should be year 2 so we'll have to check again during the registration.
Yea, we were told that the class is currently full and that there will be a new class starting at term 2. There's already some students registered for the new class.
So, her class starts at term 2 and ends at term 3, july I think. Haha! I forgot again. =p

I think your son should be year 1 and my gal is year 2 in 2014. Need to confirm again on that day. =)

REAL is kind of far so we didn't consider there.
Hope you'll be able to find a good school for your son. =)

Hope to see you at the fair! =)
Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Hi Lene,

When is the school fair? A free mini sounds good

bcml...wow, great run down. Thank you. They are exactly the points i was looking for. I havne't heard that many great reviews about Tenby so that's nice to hear an Australian family likes it.
Fairview also looks good to me as does Sri Ara but they are hugely different from each other, in every aspect it seems. I will have to wait till i'm there to visit and decide. It's just too difficult when I have no idea what any of the areas are like. Keep the advice coming though as I add it all to my spreadsheet

Thanks

Hi Bella,

I've forgotten the address of the fair but you can check out their facebook for the address. =)

Https://www.facebook.com/PrivateInternationalSchoolFair
Old Oct 6th 2013, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that link. We probably wont be there on the 26 Oct No mini iPad for us...lol

Those of you that are interested in Fairview...have you seen there is a discount on fee's until the 31 Dec 2013? It's on the website. Great discount.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

For those thinking of Fairview, where would you live? I like it around Bukit Indah/Nusa Duta (from what ive seen on the net only) but I also have to travel into Singapore for work so im just wondering if there is any where nice to live, with other expats, closer to the school? any ideas?

Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2013, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that link. We probably wont be there on the 26 Oct No mini iPad for us...lol

Those of you that are interested in Fairview...have you seen there is a discount on fee's until the 31 Dec 2013? It's on the website. Great discount.
Ya welcome Bella! =) ahh... lucky for us it falls on a sunday. If not, we won't be able to go.

There's a discount? I don't know about it. I'll check out the webbie later. Thanks! =)
I know Pegasus are giving huge discounts on fees.

We've been staying at Ledang Heights since 2005. We're the first to build our house in the area. =) Horizon Heights not bad. I've got friends staying there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.