Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor
Reload this Page >

Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Old Sep 27th 2013, 2:00 pm
Clo
Just Joined

Clo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Anybody knows IOP Preschool (Horizon Hills)? I have a 2 yeard old and a 4 year old.

Any school for these ages that teaches Mandarin too ?
Old Sep 27th 2013, 8:28 pm
Clo
Just Joined

Clo is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, can somebody help me identified which of the following schools teach Mandarin as part of the curriculum? and which ones accept 2 years old and 4years old. I am going crazy with all the information I have!

Thanks to all in advance!

Austin Height
Fairview
Cherie hearts
HillTop
Sri Ara
Rainbow Kindergarten
Pegasus International School
Excelsior International School

Moving to East Ledang January 2014.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

bellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone have any feedback on Excelsior International at Bandar? I know it has only just opened.
I cant find any info on fees.

Thanks.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:18 am
Just Joined

bcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud of

hi clo,

i asked a question on another forum but had gotten no replies so far. so far i have visited sri ara, tenby, fairview and seri omega.

to answer your question,

Fairview - accepts from as young as 3 for creche or reception. they teach mandarin n bahasa but i think its once or twice a week
Cherie hearts - definitely! its also a childcare. definitely teaching english, bahasa and mandarin
Sri Ara - only from grade 1
REAL has kindergarten too. and they teach mandarin and bahasa as well.

i will be going to visit R.E.A.L as soon as we make a trip to Johor again. they have an open day on november 30 and we would be able to speak with the teachers, principle as well as have a tour of the school. as on normal school days they do not want to disrupt the class in session as kids get distracted easily.

hi bellynbella,

sorry didnt consider Excelsior as it would be too far for commute.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

PJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud ofPJS1424 has much to be proud of

Well we were all set to move to Nusajaya in Dec and my son to start at Malborough but work has rather abruptly switched to sending me to Hong Kong instead. I definitely dont want to put my family through living there and given my wife is from KL our plan B is to live in KL and for me to commute to HK weekly. Now scrambling to work out which KL schools are good. I would be interested in your impression of REAL as there is a campus in Shah Alam near where we might be.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

bellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of light

Im also interested in hearing about REAL. I looked at their website and it concerns me that the staff are not required to have any training other than what looks to be basic Franchise training or to have any basis of childhood education.
Anyone have any experience with this?

bcml...I also think Excelsior is far away but at this point i'm having difficulty finding any schools in the Johor/Nusajaya area where their seem to be other Western expat kids, besides Malborough. Her current international school has a real variety of nationalities and i'd love to find a school that is similar. Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:37 am
Just Joined

lene619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bellynbella
Im also interested in hearing about REAL. I look their website and it concerns me that the staff are not required to have any training other than what looks to be basic Franchise training or to have any basis of childhood education.
Anyone have any experience with this?

bcml...I also think Excelsior is far away but at this point i'm having difficulty finding any schools in the Johor/Nusajaya area where their seem to be other Western expat kids, besides Malborough. Her current international school has a real variety of nationalities and i'd love to find a school that is similar. Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Hi bellynbella,

I've been to Austin Heights, Fairview, Sri Ara and Tenby. All of them Have different nationalities students. Are you looking for IB or IPC curriculum school?
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lene619,

Thanks for that info. That's a relief to know.
I dont know a whole lot about each (other than a quick Google) but they both look good to me. My daughters current school uses a combination of Australian and British curriculum. I prefer a more relaxed/fun/interactive style of learning over the more academically focused curriculum like the SABIS system.

Which would you recommend?

Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

bcml...if you can, would you mind giving your opinion of the schools you saw?

Im looking for as much info as possible. It's a big decision, isn't it?
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

QUOTE=bellynbella;10928959]Hi Lene619,

Thanks for that info. That's a relief to know.
I dont know a whole lot about each (other than a quick Google) but they both look good to me. My daughters current school uses a combination of Australian and British curriculum. I prefer a more relaxed/fun/interactive style of learning over the more academically focused curriculum like the SABIS system.

Which would you recommend?

Thanks [/QUOTE]

Hi bellynbella,

Ahh... at first, I've got no idea about either too. =p
Yea, me too! That's why we're choosing an IB school for our girls. =)
You'll need to visit the schools and talk to the teachers about their curriculum to understand more on their curriculum. For me, location and fees are to be considered when choosing the school as each school ends at different timing too. =)

There'll be an international school fair at the end of the month. Perhaps you can visit the fair to ask what their school offers. =)
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Spinosum is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if any of you have any idea about Seri Omega International School?
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Spinosum...Seri Omega (from the quick Google search I did) seems very strict and highly academic. Ive not seen anything else on it and their website isn't working.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spinosum
I wonder if any of you have any idea about Seri Omega International School?
I've got friends' kids studying at Omega. From what they said, the class size is too big and it's standard is not what it used to be anymore. They'll be moving to Senai too.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Froggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello bellynbella!
Sri Ara would sound like your best bet if you are looking for a relaxed yet student-focused milieu for your children. Please read the beginning of this thread. Mfwarren has visited the schools, and she gives a very thorough summary of her impressions of the schools she visited in JB/ Nusajaya (A belated thank you very much, mfwarren!) I also weighed in about Sri Ara earlier as a reply to her. I am sure you will find some enlightening answers to your questions. You may want to visit the school when you come over in mid-October. Cheers
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi Froggy,

Yes I saw those comments, thanks. I have looked at their website but they are the only one who dont say what their fees are. Any one know?

I have emailed them but they havent gotten back to me.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.