Where do I start. 3rd year student.

Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do I start. 3rd year student.

Where do I start? I am currently in my 3rd year and I have no idea where to start?

I would like to move to Perth or Brisbane, although my husband has a company in Sydney, but the expense of houses puts me off. We have 3 children aged 10, 6 and 6 and I am 31. I would like to be able to move out to Australia very soon rather than later, because my daughter will be at the age where she would not want to move or disrupt her secondary school.

I have read we need to do an ILETS? Can this be done before im qualified, because I have lost all my GCSE certifcates in moves. I am not sure how else I could prove I studied in England.

I would rather go down the permenant visa route, because a friend of mine said we would have to pay school fees otherwise. This is something we will not be able to afford. We are thinking of keeping our house available for rent in the UK.

If you could give me any ideas on how I can get the ball rolling or at least which path I should be taking and when.

Many thanks,
Old Oct 12th 2010, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where do I start. 3rd year student.

Hi

You only need to pay school fees if you are on a temporary visa in New South Wales. Private school fees here are really cheap by the way. We pay $50 per child per week.

As a third year student your best bet would be to find a Graduate position and the hospital would sponsor you on a 457 4 year visa. Once you are here, the hospital can sponsor you on a 856 permanent visa.

You can go down the PR route, either independently or via state sponsorship, but my understanding is that you would require a minimum of one years work experience (check it out on the immigration website).

We came over on a 457 visa and are now permanent residents. I was newly qualified and was offered a Grad position, which is equivalent to our Band 5, but you receive lots of support and continued education. This is the normal route in Australia for newly qualified nurses/midwives.

Good luck and pm me if you need further info.

Karen
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:16 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi You dont need a years experience. I was accepted on a grad programme with ramsey health and with PR as well. this is in perth. It will be fine just apply to the new grads programmes
Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:53 am
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by angel659

Where do I start? I am currently in my 3rd year and I have no idea where to start?

I would like to move to Perth or Brisbane, although my husband has a company in Sydney, but the expense of houses puts me off. We have 3 children aged 10, 6 and 6 and I am 31. I would like to be able to move out to Australia very soon rather than later, because my daughter will be at the age where she would not want to move or disrupt her secondary school.

I have read we need to do an ILETS? Can this be done before im qualified, because I have lost all my GCSE certifcates in moves. I am not sure how else I could prove I studied in England.

I would rather go down the permenant visa route, because a friend of mine said we would have to pay school fees otherwise. This is something we will not be able to afford. We are thinking of keeping our house available for rent in the UK.

If you could give me any ideas on how I can get the ball rolling or at least which path I should be taking and when.

Many thanks,
You should contact the English examination board and they will replace your lost certificates although there is a cost involved.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karen

Which hospital are you based at, and which city. I have applied for various graduate posts and was told it was policy not to sponsor newly qualified nurses. Don't know if things are more difficult now.

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2010, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mittens
Hi Karen

Which hospital are you based at, and which city. I have applied for various graduate posts and was told it was policy not to sponsor newly qualified nurses. Don't know if things are more difficult now.

Thanks
Werribee Mercy Hospital (outside of Melbourne). They are recruiting their grads now.

Apply direct to the hospitals, dont go via an agency. Grad posts are for newly qualified nurses/midwives.

Karen
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Karen
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

nursehll is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where do I start. 3rd year student.

Originally Posted by avi
Hi You dont need a years experience. I was accepted on a grad programme with ramsey health and with PR as well. this is in perth. It will be fine just apply to the new grads programmes
:Hi
I am a new user, also a third year student wanting to move to Perth with my family. Fantastic news that you have got on a grad programme with a PR as well! Please, Please tell me how you managed it! This is exactly what I want to do when I qualify. Are you there now living the dream?!! I'd love to know how you are getting on & where you are?
Many Thanks
Helen
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nursehll
Are you there now living the dream?
Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:43 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nursehll
:Hi
I am a new user, also a third year student wanting to move to Perth with my family. Fantastic news that you have got on a grad programme with a PR as well! Please, Please tell me how you managed it! This is exactly what I want to do when I qualify. Are you there now living the dream?!! I'd love to know how you are getting on & where you are?
Many Thanks
Helen
Hi sorry been working lots of hours and getting things organised. due to the time I missed the grad programme but they have kept the job open and I start 9th may in the clinic as a level 1.2 soon to be a level 1.3 We fly on 20th april so will be living the dream soon. Just gotta do loads of hours with work and the agency I also work for oh the joy never enough hours in the day.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by avi
Hi sorry been working lots of hours and getting things organised. due to the time I missed the grad programme but they have kept the job open and I start 9th may in the clinic as a level 1.2 soon to be a level 1.3 We fly on 20th april so will be living the dream soon. Just gotta do loads of hours with work and the agency I also work for oh the joy never enough hours in the day.
Hi
Brilliant news that they have kept a job open for you, can I ask where? and what visa you are going on? You must be so excited! I have e mailed ramsey health graduate program, who have said they take newly qualified nurses from oversea's. Do you know anyone who has done one of these courses? I don't know which Hospital to apply for (in Perth), interested to know if anyone knows more!
Thanks
Helen
Old Feb 10th 2011, 5:13 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

Hi Helen

I will be working at Hollywood hospital. I cant wait just want to get there now. I dont know anyone who has done one though they will be around when I get there and find out I will let you know. They have sponsered me on the ens121 which is PR also have ofered me a relocation package of $3000 which is ok and will pay for the long term rental we will find in 3 weeks of arriving there ( yeah right)
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by avi
Hi Helen

I will be working at Hollywood hospital. I cant wait just want to get there now. I dont know anyone who has done one though they will be around when I get there and find out I will let you know. They have sponsered me on the ens121 which is PR also have ofered me a relocation package of $3000 which is ok and will pay for the long term rental we will find in 3 weeks of arriving there ( yeah right)
Hi Avi
Hollywood hospital was one I was looking at and e-mailed. It's great that they have offered you a relocation package & a PR visa!!! How long has it taken you to get to this point? Do you have family? We are looking to relocate around ocean reef area, still got lots of research to do. Can't wait till we are at the same point as you. We have been to Perth in 2007 and fell in love with it! Have you ever been?
Keep in touch!
Helen
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:24 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

Hi Helen

Cos of the house selling it has been 2 years. I was offered the job when I was still training. But the house didnt sell and I wouldnt put it on untill I had qualified. I registered with wa nursing board may last year and we did our medicals last year so from starting the visa process you are talking about 12 months but thats due to the house sale so we are now renting the house cos its still not sold grrrr.

Did they get back to you? we have never been but have heard good things from lots of people I have folders of the info from peeps on my laptop. I spent the last year of training asking loads of questions by email such as how do you pay your rates and stuff like that such silly info but I like to now so I can let the kids know and be prepared.

Definatly keep in touch pm me if you want.

Avril
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

terrik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by avi
Hi Helen

how long does the graduate programme last?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.