What level did you start at!

Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

tucker is just really nicetucker is just really nicetucker is just really nicetucker is just really nicetucker is just really nicetucker is just really nicetucker is just really nicetucker is just really nicetucker is just really nicetucker is just really nice
Default What level did you start at!

hola, im a RMN, qualified 2003. ive been offered a job in adelaide. im aware that there are several pay levels for staff nurses, but what level did everyone start on. dont fancy startin at level 1 again.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: What level did you start at!

Originally Posted by tucker
hola, im a RMN, qualified 2003. ive been offered a job in adelaide. im aware that there are several pay levels for staff nurses, but what level did everyone start on. dont fancy startin at level 1 again.
I qualified in 2003 so had been qulified just over 2 years when we arrived in Adelaide, was offered year 6 originally but held out for year 10 which I got.
ICU nurse E grade but had done a lot of courses, I put all of these on my CV and talked them up at my interviews.
My advice is ask for more, they can only say no!!!
jacqui
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

I was only 10 months qualified when I arrived so was a RN1. I think it depends where you go and if its public what you get paid as where I work if you've be qualified for 4 years thats all you get, whether or not you've got extra courses (no matter what they are)
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
I was only 10 months qualified when I arrived so was a RN1. I think it depends where you go and if its public what you get paid as where I work if you've be qualified for 4 years thats all you get, whether or not you've got extra courses (no matter what they are)
Yep, I went to a private hospital at first,but once you have the grade you don't lose it
jacqui
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:54 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucker
In Perth as an RMN who qualified in 1990 (!) I started as 2.4 clinical nurse. Be prepared to argue your point and have evidence as to why you ought to be higher (references, courses etc).