what the hell is wrong with me (sorry more moaning)

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what the hell is wrong with me (sorry more moaning)

On the most am ok about being here, except when i go to work, i could cry every minute am there, so much so, i am usuing every excuse under the sun not to go to work, therfore, finances getting worse and worse, but i really, really dread it

I just have absolutely nothing in common with the nurses here, its got to the stage i can even be bothered talking to them when am there (and i am sorry for this statemt, more so if they are asian, coz they really haven't a clue what am saying in my scottish accent, i quite often have to write things down if i desperately need to communicate with them)

How can i stop feeling like this??
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:09 am
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice
Default Re: what the hell is wrong with me (sorry more moaning)

margaret, sorry to see you are feeling like this, what would you do in the uk, me id go to my manager, if no joy, their manager, and if all else fails, leave and look for something else, you have to look after number one, and they are the ones who will lose out not you, sending you some karma,lisa
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
On the most am ok about being here, except when i go to work, i could cry every minute am there, so much so, i am usuing every excuse under the sun not to go to work, therfore, finances getting worse and worse, but i really, really dread it

I just have absolutely nothing in common with the nurses here, its got to the stage i can even be bothered talking to them when am there (and i am sorry for this statemt, more so if they are asian, coz they really haven't a clue what am saying in my scottish accent, i quite often have to write things down if i desperately need to communicate with them)

Change jobs

simple answer, find an employer who will value you and your skills and a team who you can work with... Can you imagine the impact you being so miserable has on your patients?

I SO totally empathise about the differences in nursing culture....

When I left my last job I jokingly said that I was going to work at MacDonalds... and that if I was going to be reduced to making coffee at least it would be a professional cup.. only half of me wasn't joking..

Can you get out of nurisng here? have a go at something else?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by eddie007
Change jobs

simple answer, find an employer who will value you and your skills and a team who you can work with... Can you imagine the impact you being so miserable has on your patients?

I SO totally empathise about the differences in nursing culture....

When I left my last job I jokingly said that I was going to work at MacDonalds... and that if I was going to be reduced to making coffee at least it would be a professional cup.. only half of me wasn't joking..

Can you get out of nurisng here? have a go at something else?

I keep telling myself its a matter of 'staying power'. then peeps would get to know me and my capabilities, but i just cant do it, the effort is too much, as i said i have absolutely nothing in common with these nurse, how i long to chat to me ole pals at work and have a laarf with them and the patients

think this is part of the problem, working in the operating theatre there is no interactions with the patients , but to go to the wards or summit i would need to drop my pay, and i would feel i was really a 'beginner',

i used to work in DSU , managed the dept many times, lots of interaction with patients, and the multidisciplinary team, had to step into lots of rolse, anaesthetic, day ward, scrub nurse , pre-admission, now am just bored! bored! bored! and , i am so sick of being treated as if i just qualified yesterday

Last edited by Margaret3; Mar 3rd 2008 at 11:00 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi margaret

just wanted to send you hug and hope things work out for you soon.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))

can you not apply to different hospitals

debbie
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:44 am
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice

double hugs, i think you should move, this will get you down and eat away at you, put it into perspective, if you were still here you would go to work somewhere else better to have tried than not tried at all
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Margaret,
It is a good time to change because of the shortage
of nurses.Do agency nursing , you will get to know other
hospitals and find the one that is suitable for you.
I did general nursing, midwifery,then worked in the theatre,
ICU and finally took the RMN training - which I enjoyed very much.

After I passed the CRNE,I switched to psych asap and have been in
psych for 27 years. Fortunately psych worked out for me,I was about
to leave nursing and work in the supermarket.During that time the
supermarket workers were well paid, way higher than the nurses' wages .

You got to take care of #1 and that is you.

Yoong
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:47 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret you have to get out of that situation before you end up seriously depressed, your health is more important than anything else.

take care love sending ((((((HUGS)))))
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi Margaret just wanted to say hang in there. I to am in a job which I find frustrating/difficult for many reasons. It does impact on your every day life if work makes you unhappy.
Maybe you need to consider a change, I know I am. This whole emigration thing was never going to be easy.
Take care
K sent for your persistence.

Donna
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Can totally relate to you Margaret, i just cant find the job satisfaction that i took for granted in the UK, I'm due to start a new job next week, similar to NHS Direct, no face to face contact at all with patients, not sure how it'll go, but its that or find a completely different career.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do

Maria
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:06 am
Account Closed

thanks all for the encouragement

Went into work today ( i do 2 x 6 hr shifts at a public hosp and the rest agency)
Anyway as luck would have it i was put into the ent operating theatre, and apparently no nurses in the suite have any ent experience (well i do), i have told them this before, but , of course as i didnt learn it in australia , they deem i must actually know **** all about it, !! Anyway sugeon said you obviously know what your doing, so whe had a bit of a chat, she then went straight to manager , (apparently they had a really shit morning coz none of the nursing staff knew what they were doing ) outcome i have been asked to act as anum for the time being(whatever that means, charge nurse basically) and have to put in writing, when i want to work and what hrs i want to work, and am to work closely with the ent surgeons dunno really wot that is all about, and i am going on two ent courses, paid for by the ent dept

to be honest i am such a cynic since coming here, i wont hold my breath, but will let you all know if it comes around, but it would be sooooooooooo good to feel part of a team ( any team, lol, even if it is ent, lol)

Last edited by Margaret3; Mar 5th 2008 at 7:29 am.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi well thats hopeful. At least someone actually recognises you knew what you were doing. Fingers crossed that this is the job that will help you feel different.
Keep us posted.

Donna
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:15 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Went into work today ( i do 2 x 6 hr shifts at a public hosp and the rest agency)
Anyway as luck would have it i was put into the ent operating theatre, and apparently no nurses in the suite have any ent experience (well i do), i have told them this before, but , of course as i didnt learn it in australia , they deem i must actually know **** all about it, !! Anyway sugeon said you obviously know what your doing, so whe had a bit of a chat, she then went straight to manager , (apparently they had a really shit morning coz none of the nursing staff knew what they were doing ) outcome i have been asked to act as anum for the time being(whatever that means, charge nurse basically) and have to put in writing, when i want to work and what hrs i want to work, and am to work closely with the ent surgeons dunno really wot that is all about, and i am going on two ent courses, paid for by the ent dept

to be honest i am such a cynic since coming here, i wont hold my breath, but will let you all know if it comes around, but it would be sooooooooooo good to feel part of a team ( any team, lol, even if it is ent, lol)

That sounds more promising Margaret. Give it a go - you never know, it might be OK.
Best of luck,
Tracey
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the working situation is getting more positive.
Enjoy the process
Yoong
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:24 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Yaay result

sounds really promising I am so glad things are looking up for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.