What do you wear?

Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

parentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the rough
Default What do you wear?

Hello,

Just a quick question - what is your uniform like in Oz? do the hospitals provide you with uniform or do you have to provide your own? Hubby was wondering what to do with his white tunics (some of which are so old they are no longer white )

Thanks, Karen
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

wayne&mandy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What do you wear?

Depends which hospital you are at. I have corporate navy trousers and blue checked blouse, very office style really. We live in Perth and my blouse looks similar to the local supermarket girls!! And the cleaners at the shopping centre. Doesnt look one bit like a nurses uniform. Tell hubby to bring a couple of tunics as you never know.

Good Luck,
Mandy
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:09 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parentsof2
Hello,

Just a quick question - what is your uniform like in Oz? do the hospitals provide you with uniform or do you have to provide your own? Hubby was wondering what to do with his white tunics (some of which are so old they are no longer white )

Thanks, Karen
Hi Karen,
When I worked for the agency they had blouses with their logo on that we wore with navy/black trousers, at the Royal Melbourne we are supposed to wear a white top and navy /black trousers but people wear anything, some even wear jeans. It's my pet hate I long to feel like a nurse in my uniform again. Also as nurses often have a stethascope slung around their necks you can't tell the nurses from the doctors, stethascopes are $100 upwards and you can claim for then when you do your tax return. All the best, Mel.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 7:40 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by parentsof2
Hello,

Thanks, Karen

I'm in community so it can wear jeans and t-shirt or anything reasonable sensible.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
I'm in community so it can wear jeans and t-shirt or anything reasonable sensible.
I wear whatever I want; shorts,tops,skirts, pretty summer dresses etc Anything goes as long as its smart (ish)!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

magicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nice

[QUOTE=meljor;4296610]Hi Karen,
people wear anything, some even wear jeans. QUOTE]

omg* jeans does that mean we can leave facial piercings in as well
Old Jan 26th 2007, 7:46 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

I have always wanted to dye my hair black with pink/purple highlights but I couldnt have it as a nurse here due to the uniform policy. DO you think I would get away with it in OZ?
I must admit though I will miss my blue uniform!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:19 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

I was disappointed when the hospital where I have my job sent the uniform brochure so I could pick size and design etc it looks like what the ward cleaners wear here not nursey looking at all.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:41 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

magicsprout-yes lots wear piercings

Rachie241-yes can have different coloured hair

wannabauzzienurse-I know what you mean, some look like a cleaners uniform and others look like admin uniform, I was told that they didn't wear nurse uniforms because they didn't want the "doctors handmaiden look" but to me that say's we are ashamed of our job and it's history. Of course emergency department nurses often wear scrubs.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

magicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nice

[QUOTE=meljor;4330731]
magicsprout-yes lots wear piercings

Rachie241-yes can have different coloured hair

QUOTE]

woo hoooo no more sticking plasters covering my eye bar in case it happens to jump out and attack a patient
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:37 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne&mandy
Depends which hospital you are at. I have corporate navy trousers and blue checked blouse, very office style really. We live in Perth and my blouse looks similar to the local supermarket girls!! And the cleaners at the shopping centre. Doesnt look one bit like a nurses uniform. Tell hubby to bring a couple of tunics as you never know.

Good Luck,
Mandy
Mine are the same too. Do you work at JHC by any chance?

Bloody useless as they only have one small pocket on the blouse which everything falls out of

Not very practical at all
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:39 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
You reasonable sensible Ann?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Queensland Health - navy trousers or shorts and the most awful flowery patterned blouse I have ever seen, but at least it is provided free. At the Mater you have to buy your uniforms

Mary
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Mine are the same too. Do you work at JHC by any chance?

Bloody useless as they only have one small pocket on the blouse which everything falls out of

Not very practical at all
Same as mine!! Check blouse with 1 small brest pocket that even a pen won't fit in!!! I change to the RPH in two weeks and thats more 'nurse like'. A white tunic and navy pants or a dress.
Tracie