were do i start any advice please?

Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about
Default were do i start any advice please?

Hello everyone,
just started the whole process me and my family want to go and live in Cairns, i am a paeds nurse, I just sent my verification form back to the nmc, but i am unsure of the whole process, i have downloaded an application to the queensland nmc, what else should i be doing? when does the skills assesement come in? any help or advice would be much appreciated
Thanks Rach
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

magicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nice
Default Re: were do i start any advice please?

if you are going through an agent they will sort skills assessment out, the anmc does the skills assessment and if you go on their website youwill find application forms for modified and full assessments.
if you are going to get your queensland registration sorted first you need to wait for that to come back and then apply for the modified assessment. thats the cheaper route but takes longer.
a quicker and more expensive way is do do the anmc full assessment and then you can apply straight for your visa if its successful and do the queensland registration at the same time.
but you should have added the anmc to your verifcation form to do the second way.

hope that helps a bit im only a bit further on than you
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Probably best to find out what visa you going to go out on first. Dima website is a good starting point. www.immi.gov.au

General consensus is that 136PR visa is the best. Need 12months experience post-reg. As a nurse i cant see the point in using an agent, xtra cost and hassle in my opinion as the process isn't that complex after a bit of research.

Ade S
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for youre replys, we are going on a 136 visa and i am trying to do it without an agent but sometimes feel overwhelmed by all the info, any guidance is welcome and appreciated
thanks Rachael
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:10 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rachaey!

I did the full skills assessment and the visa application without an agent. Its quite straight forward, just make sure you read everything carefully and have all the correct information/documentation.

Heres how I did mine for a 136 independent visa

Rang NMC (UK) and requested the forms to be sent to me to apply for verification.
Completed verification forms and asked for verification to be sent to ANMC, and nursing councils in Queensland, South Australia, NSW and Victoria all for the fee of £34.

Once I had confirmation that these had been sent Oz, I downloaded and completed the full skills assessment form from the ANMC website.
Got all the relevent documentation certified by a solicitor and sent off the application with the correct fee to the ANMC.
After about 6 weeks I got a positive skills assessment (letter of determination) back from ANMC.

During those 6 weeks of waiting, I downloaded the forms SK47 from dima website and gathered all the documentation needed for the visa application again getting the relevent stuff certified by a solicitor.
By the time my letter of determination came back from ANMC I was pretty much ready to send off the visa application.

After about 2 weeks got acknowledgement of visa application being received by the ASPC. they send you a file reference number for correspondence.
About a month later, downloaded greater manchester police check forms off the net, completed them, took them to police station with fee. Police checks came back after about 4 weeks. Around this time also booked medicals with panel doctor in manchester. Again forms were downloaded of the dimia website. had medicals and sent off police checks to ASPC.
Then just sat around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the visa to be granted.

Am now just in the process of sorting out my registration with queensland nursing council.

hope this sheds some light, if I can be of any more help just send me a PM.

jackie x
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

joolsnsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

We have decided we want to apply for PR. I qualified as a RGN in 1993 and have lots of experience but had 6 months off and only started back fulltime in May last year. Will I have to wait till May to start applying for things or could I start getting things moving now? ie get verification from the nmc.
Thanks in advance,

Julie x
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:10 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joolsnsteve
We have decided we want to apply for PR. I qualified as a RGN in 1993 and have lots of experience but had 6 months off and only started back fulltime in May last year. Will I have to wait till May to start applying for things or could I start getting things moving now? ie get verification from the nmc.
Thanks in advance,

Julie x
Now would be a good time to get your skills assessed by the ANMC it can take 2-3 months and you'll need the positive assessment for your visa application :-)
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joolsnsteve
You can do your skill assessment now. By the time you have it done, it will likely be close to May anyway. You must meet the work experience requirements when you send off the immigration application itself.

If you apply for a state sponsored visa (Skill Matching) the work experience requirement is only 6 months. But then you are committed to live in the state/territory for 2 years, whereas with the 136 visa you can live/work where you like.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

joolsnsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice, it's very appreciated. I'd better get busy sorting things for the ANMC!!

Jools x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jakie,
Just a quick note to say thanks for youre info it is agreat help and i will be following it cos it seems straightforward,
many thanks Rach
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:15 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachaey
Hi Jakie,
Just a quick note to say thanks for youre info it is agreat help and i will be following it cos it seems straightforward,
many thanks Rach
Your very welcome Rach, let me know if I can be of any further help.