British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   We have our visa!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/we-have-our-visa-293266/)

numbers Apr 5th 2005 10:59 am

Re: We have our visa!!!

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
We have our visa.....yipee....I think.........still in shock!!!

Have to enter oz by November 2005 then apparantly I can have unlimited travel to and from Australia until March 2010.

Also passports only need to go to London not Oz for visa to be put in.

Oh my G*d! I need a large :beer: or more :beer: :beer: :beer: .

Hi, Congrats from Claire and Tony (still early in our process), posts like yours keeps us positive :)

ad4ozz Apr 6th 2005 4:29 am

Going on holiday as we have to have it stamped by the 21st Nov and seen as house isn't on market yet it makes sure it is stamped if house not sold and allows us to do recky of Brisbane to Cairns area before we book container.

Then we may know where we are heading otherwise will just stick pin in map.... :D .

But you are right lots more money down drain....but once in Oz real life will kick in and this will be holiday.

PianoJB Apr 6th 2005 11:22 am

Just to add congrats and hopefully give inspiration to others.

I didn't discover this site until well into our application and have lurked since in the nursing section as we applied using that category!

Anyway, we applied for a visa on 15 Nov 2004. We're a couple, and although we could have got more points (individually - wife is nurse, I'm accountant) than the necessary 120, we just filled it in using my wife's details as opposed to putting my "points" details as well - the idea being that the less points you apply for, the less things there are to check and the less things can go wrong. Didn't use an agent as we thought we'd do it ourselves.

Sent our meds off around 11th Feb ( you never know when the doctor sends it as Lynn's found out). I emailed our CO on Sunday night, just to check that they had everything.

Opened our inbox this morning, and not only did he reply he also emailed a copy of the letter he'd done today granting us the visa - so we're happy! Just need to sell the house now and we're Perth-bound - must go update timeline.....

Jon :) :D

mandi248 Apr 6th 2005 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by PianoJB
Just to add congrats and hopefully give inspiration to others.

I didn't discover this site until well into our application and have lurked since in the nursing section as we applied using that category!

Anyway, we applied for a visa on 15 Nov 2004. We're a couple, and although we could have got more points (individually - wife is nurse, I'm accountant) than the necessary 120, we just filled it in using my wife's details as opposed to putting my "points" details as well - the idea being that the less points you apply for, the less things there are to check and the less things can go wrong. Didn't use an agent as we thought we'd do it ourselves.

Sent our meds off around 11th Feb ( you never know when the doctor sends it as Lynn's found out). I emailed our CO on Sunday night, just to check that they had everything.

Opened our inbox this morning, and not only did he reply he also emailed a copy of the letter he'd done today granting us the visa - so we're happy! Just need to sell the house now and we're Perth-bound - must go update timeline.....

Welcome to the forum Jon :D congratulations on getting your visas, they came through very quickly, how long did the AMNC take in assessing your wife's skills?
Mandi

ad4ozz Apr 7th 2005 12:14 am

Well done Jon....ANMC only took a month to do mine Mandy.

mandi248 Apr 7th 2005 1:21 am

Well done Jon....ANMC only took a month to do mine Mandy.

Thanks Ann,
My assessment has only just reached the AMNC, keep checking our credit card waiting for them to take out their payment, think it's the only time we can't wait for a payment to go out!!

primrose Apr 7th 2005 5:37 am

Congratulations on getting your visa's

It's a good feeling isn't it?

:beer: :beer: :beer:

PianoJB Apr 8th 2005 6:11 am

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Mandi - Rochelle applied on the 1st July 2004 and the AMNC (or ANC as it was then!) granted it on 17th Aug 2004, so around 6 weeks.

We took a while to get our visa form in as I had a few problems with my accountant one - basically the australian accountancy body wanted a syllabus of my degree. I finished my degree over 11 years ago, and they don't run the course anymore, so it took a while to get that sorted :mad: . In the time between we spoke to someone who advised that we just apply in Rochelle's name as she had the paperwork with me as the humble spouse!

Jon

mandi248 Apr 8th 2005 6:16 am

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Mandi - Rochelle applied on the 1st July 2004 and the AMNC (or ANC as it was then!) granted it on 17th Aug 2004, so around 6 weeks.

We took a while to get our visa form in as I had a few problems with my accountant one - basically the australian accountancy body wanted a syllabus of my degree. I finished my degree over 11 years ago, and they don't run the course anymore, so it took a while to get that sorted :mad: . In the time between we spoke to someone who advised that we just apply in Rochelle's name as she had the paperwork with me as the humble spouse!

Jon

Thanks Jon, my agent said it would take between 6-8 weeks, I thought (or maybe hoping) he was being cautious, oh well I've waited this long to get it all together what's a few more weeks :D
mandi

nursenancy Apr 8th 2005 6:31 am

We have our visa.....yipee....I think.........still in shock!!!

Have to enter oz by November 2005 then apparantly I can have unlimited travel to and from Australia until March 2010.

Also passports only need to go to London not Oz for visa to be put in.

Oh my G*d! I need a large :beer: or more :beer: :beer: :beer: .

congratulations!