Warning - Full medicals for temp visa

Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:40 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold
Default Warning - Full medicals for temp visa

Hiya

Just thought I'd warn others about getting medicals for temp to perm visa applications.

I came out on a 457 last year ( to Perth ) and was advised to get full medicals for all the family, so that they could be used for our permanent application ( ENS )

This week, we have all had to redo the full lot, as medicals done overseas are NOT valid for a permanent residency application. This is in Perth, so I'm not sure about other states, but I guess they will be the same.

On the positive side - after 3 blood tests in the last 12 months at least I know I'm ok with regards to HIV etc etc
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice
Default Re: Warning - Full medicals for temp visa

Originally Posted by Loubags
Hiya

Just thought I'd warn others about getting medicals for temp to perm visa applications.

I came out on a 457 last year ( to Perth ) and was advised to get full medicals for all the family, so that they could be used for our permanent application ( ENS )

This week, we have all had to redo the full lot, as medicals done overseas are NOT valid for a permanent residency application. This is in Perth, so I'm not sure about other states, but I guess they will be the same.

On the positive side - after 3 blood tests in the last 12 months at least I know I'm ok with regards to HIV etc etc
Hi Louise

We are in the same position. How much do they cost?

Carol
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya

Must be different in each state as we used ours from 457 to 136 with only 2 months before they expired, Adelaide skilled processing dept. Just needed an HIV test for our son as he had turned 15 before new application.
I thought all medicals were done in the UK if applying for an offshore skilled visa.
What visa class did you apply for.

Di
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harveyhare
I thought all medicals were done in the UK if applying for an offshore skilled visa.
You can do medicals in any country.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
You can do medicals in any country.
We only had our medicals done about 4 months ago in Scotland in order to come on the 457 visa, surely we don't have to get them done again for our PR? We are in Perth as well Lou?? I had to have a cardiology report so am a little worried I'd have to go through all the hassle and expense again.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Hiya

Just wondering, did this just apply to the medicals or to the xrays as well?

Mx
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:58 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Just to clarify - we came over on 457 last July so had full meds, x-rays etc done then so that we could use them for our application for perm res via ENS.

We now live in Perth and have applied for ENS( perm residency ) and are onshore. This week I have paid $1200 to have all repeated - full medicals, x-rays and bloods for all the family - 4 of us!

Not sure about other states, but in Perth they do NOT accept any medical info from overseas.

Not good news I know, but I hope it saves some of you a few quid.

Cheers, Lou. X
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

Just to clarify - we came over on 457 last July so had full meds, x-rays etc done then so that we could use them for our application for perm res via ENS.

We now live in Perth and have applied for ENS( perm residency ) and are onshore. This week I have paid $1200 to have all repeated - full medicals, x-rays and bloods for all the family - 4 of us!

Not sure about other states, but in Perth they do NOT accept any medical info from overseas.

Cheers, Lou. X
Hi Lou

What a complete rip off, but if we want PR we have no choice

Thanks for letting us know. No doubt they will be in touch to let us know.

Carol
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

When I applied for PR it actually said on the forms that the medicals submitted had to be less than 6 months old. I am assuming the PR forms are the same across the Country and I only applied last January so I would assume that the medical information we read would still be on it. We came on 457 visas and then a year later applied for PR but we knew we had to get more medicals. In a year you never know what may happen.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolwilk34
We only had our medicals done about 4 months ago in Scotland in order to come on the 457 visa, surely we don't have to get them done again for our PR?
Be prepared to do full medicals for your permanent visa as they don't always accept the 457 visa medical.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:26 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Be prepared to do full medicals for your permanent visa as they don't always accept the 457 visa medical.
I'm going on a 457 and knew that I'd need full medical, blood tests and xrays but rest of family probably only need xrays....that's what it says on the visa info. We half considered getting medical for all as we will be applying for PR after six months but at least we know now not to bother, just have to redo it when we get there.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Hi all

Cheers, Lou. X
Cheers for the clarification Lou and sorry for not replying sooner.

Mx
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
Cheers for the clarification Lou and sorry for not replying sooner.

Mx
Wow - I grew up in North Rocky (just off Thozet Rd) - where are you? I only knew 1 British family in my whole time there, and even they had orignally moved from Melbourne! I can't imagine Rockvegas as a highly-desired destination for expats...

Anyway, good to know with me over here in the UK that the balance has been restored
Old Feb 13th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by James516
Wow - I grew up in North Rocky (just off Thozet Rd) - where are you? I only knew 1 British family in my whole time there, and even they had orignally moved from Melbourne! I can't imagine Rockvegas as a highly-desired destination for expats...

Anyway, good to know with me over here in the UK that the balance has been restored
Hi I've pm'd you
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

you should have read my previous posts from 2004 about this! We got stung too, cost us a fortune! Think I've put lots of warnings bout the 457 visa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.