Wanting to move to London from US

Old Oct 9th 2004, 9:03 pm
Daniel

DnThomts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Wanting to move to London from US

Looking to do travel assignment in London around Jan 2006. Coming from the US. Anyone with info on good hospitals, good travel companies, and any good advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 10:57 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to London from US

There is no such thing as "travel nursing" in England. There are Staff nurses who work for a particular hospital. and agency nurses who work for agencies and can work at many different hospitals, and then there are Bank nurses who do Per Diem work at a particular hospital or hospitals. The terms Travel nursing and Per Diem are not used in England though.

You need to get a UK nursing registration though (like the US nursing license) from the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Their website is: NMC

I can recommend a couple of nursing agencies...try
Reed Nursing and
Nightingale Nursing Bureau

I've worked for both and they are excellent. They deal with hospitals all over London. I recommend staying within Central London but it really depends on where you'll be staying because London is so huge. Good luck! I miss the NHS!