visa or relocation package

Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future
Smile visa or relocation package

Hi

looking for some information re visa and relocation package

looking to come to queensland 2009 when i have qualified as a midwife
we are applying on my husbands trade as he is a joiner.

the thing is
1, can we still apply for a relocation package if we are going on my husbands 175 visa
2, how much would we be looking at
3, how long would i be tied in for.

i know it a long way off yet but just trying to work out finances.

i know Mater Mothers in Brisbane do a relocation package for midwives but i dont know if they would have to sponsor me to do this (so i cant move jobs)

thanks to anyone who can help

c xx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default Re: visa or relocation package

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi

the thing is
1, can we still apply for a relocation package if we are going on my husbands 175 visa

i know Mater Mothers in Brisbane do a relocation package for midwives but i dont know if they would have to sponsor me to do this (so i cant move jobs)

c xx
Yes. I'm afraid as it stands at the moment, the relocation package is only open to those being sponsored for which there is a tie in period of two years or until the point when you get PR.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:32 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

I'm working for cairns health service district (part of qld health)and they will cover travel costs up to $3000 as long as you have moved from more than 100 kms. So us coming form the UK get the same deal as those moving from say Townsville to Cairns and it has nothing to do with being sponsored or not. You have to provide original receipts and you will get $1000 at 6, 12 and 18 months (it's not even going to cover our flights but better than nothing I suppose, they pay first two weeks accommodation as well)
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Hi

thankyou to both of you for the info. i was looking to stay with the same employer for 2 years as a midwife as we will try to relocate near the hospital. i cant see the problem with paying relocation package if we are willing to stay for 2 years.

c xx
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Hi

the thing is

c xx
I got airfare repaid (single) cost of my visa (main application to Diac) and shipping of household goods (havent got any though!). Half up front and half after twelve months.

Also got 6weeks free accomodation, which they found for me. A really nice apartment by the sea in Freo, all to myself. Not bad eh. i reckon if id have asked for a new girlfriend they'd have had a look for me.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
I got airfare repaid (single) cost of my visa (main application to Diac) and shipping of household goods (havent got any though!). Half up front and half after twelve months.

Also got 6weeks free accomodation, which they found for me. A really nice apartment by the sea in Freo, all to myself. Not bad eh. i reckon if id have asked for a new girlfriend they'd have had a look for me.
Hi

thanks for that are you on a PR visa as this is the one we will be applying for a skilled 175 as OH a joiner (dont know much about other types of visa). seems confusing as to if we can ask for a pakage, did you ask or did they offer and what contract are you tied in for would be great to know if you dont mind.

which hospital are you at and what are you doing. hope you are happy with it.

c xx
Old Oct 10th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mooncat
Yes. I'm afraid as it stands at the moment, the relocation package is only open to those being sponsored for which there is a tie in period of two years or until the point when you get PR.
Hi Mooncat

just thought id ask which hospital are you at, it seems others have been able to get a relocation package of some sort without being sponsored.

we too are looking at the sunny gold coast

thanks

c xx

Last edited by lyndhurst; Oct 10th 2007 at 5:33 am. Reason: we too are looking at the sunny gold coast
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Hi

thanks for that are you on a PR visa as this is the one we will be applying for a skilled 175 as OH a joiner (dont know much about other types of visa). seems confusing as to if we can ask for a pakage, did you ask or did they offer and what contract are you tied in for would be great to know if you dont mind.

which hospital are you at and what are you doing. hope you are happy with it.

c xx
Im a mental health nurse at Freo.

Im on a 136 (the old 175) visa. I havent got a contract, can come and go as I please really and dont want to be tied down (which is the advantage of the 136/175). They offered me this up front but they seem to be open to negotiation. I certainly negotiated re the accomodation.

best wishes

Adie
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Im a mental health nurse at Freo.

Im on a 136 (the old 175) visa. I havent got a contract, can come and go as I please really and dont want to be tied down (which is the advantage of the 136/175). They offered me this up front but they seem to be open to negotiation. I certainly negotiated re the accomodation.

best wishes

Adie
Hi Adie

if you dont mind me asking what did you come outwith in the end not too sure what i should be asking for on my wish list...

c xx
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Adie

if you dont mind me asking what did you come outwith in the end not too sure what i should be asking for on my wish list...

c xx
Do you mean what did they give me in relocation expenses etc??

Repaid airfare (half up front/half after a year), 6weeks free accommodation, main visa application repaid (half up front/half after a year), and cost of household goods shipping (didnt ship anything). If i were you, id want something similar.

They will have a policy on what they are able to provide, and though there is room for negotiation, there may not be a massive shift. But asking will not hurt anybody. They will be used to it.

good luck

Adie
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Hi Mooncat

just thought id ask which hospital are you at, it seems others have been able to get a relocation package of some sort without being sponsored.

we too are looking at the sunny gold coast

thanks

c xx
i'm at the Gold Coast hospital in mental health. The GC is fantastic, am sure you'll love it like everyone else. Let me know if you get stuck for any info.x
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to king eddies in subiaco, perth and have not been offered any relocation package it was the only hospital i applied to and maybe in hindsight i should have looked around a bit first - although i'm sure its the right choice for me the extra money would have been nice!!

Anyone else going/gone there and got any financial help??

thanks
julie x
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Do you mean what did they give me in relocation expenses etc??

Repaid airfare (half up front/half after a year), 6weeks free accommodation, main visa application repaid (half up front/half after a year), and cost of household goods shipping (didnt ship anything). If i were you, id want something similar.

They will have a policy on what they are able to provide, and though there is room for negotiation, there may not be a massive shift. But asking will not hurt anybody. They will be used to it.

good luck

Adie
thanks Adie

was hoping for something along those lines but like i said i didnt think i would get as much when going on OH visa, it will def give me room for negotiation coming with 2 kids and a house full of stuff it all adds up

thanks

c xx
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mooncat
i'm at the Gold Coast hospital in mental health. The GC is fantastic, am sure you'll love it like everyone else. Let me know if you get stuck for any info.x
Thanks Mooncat

i may do we were thinking about gold coast hoping for mater mothers i think!!!! where abouts are you living there are so many places to live that look great

c xx
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Mooncat

i may do we were thinking about gold coast hoping for mater mothers i think!!!! where abouts are you living there are so many places to live that look great

c xx
We're in Robina...5 mins from work and 5 mins from school. 10 mins from beach 50 mins from Brisbane. It's just beautiful here and everything we hoped it would be and yes, you're right, there are so many amazing places, you really are spoilt for choice. It's great. Get in touch if you want to know anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.