Which visa ?????

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:50 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which visa ?????

Im a paeds itu nurse with 17yrs experience,planning to def go to oz next year but unsure of wheather to go on 136 or 457 visa.bearing in mind i will be 45 next summer i know i need to get my arse in gear.I have had offers for sponsorship but still unsure,cheers for any help.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Barney99 will become famous soon enoughBarney99 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Which visa ?????

Hi Bernie,
If you can do it in time (you should be able to) I would go for the 136. As a PR you can choose who you want to work for and change jobs if it doesn't work out. If you have a family it is also works out easier on a 136.
I will be 45 next May and I have sent off my skills assessment to the ANMC, as long as I get that back OK I can get the ball rolling for the visa. As long as you apply for the visa before you are 45 and they receipt it it is OK.

Regards,

Andy
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:40 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers barney,lets stay in touch and see how us oldies fair !!!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Im a paeds itu nurse with 17yrs experience,planning to def go to oz next year but unsure of wheather to go on 136 or 457 visa.bearing in mind i will be 45 next summer i know i need to get my arse in gear.I have had offers for sponsorship but still unsure,cheers for any help.

I think you would be doing yourself a dis-service by going on a 457 visa. With your experience its got to be a 136 me thinks. Next summer is plenty of time to get visa application in. Do ANMC full assessment and you could be sending 136 application in, in about 10weeks.