uni transcript confusion !!! & reg cert question ??

Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice
Default uni transcript confusion !!! & reg cert question ??

Hi guy... I know there has been loads of posts regarding uni transcripts, unfotunatley, here is another ..... I have read many of these posts regarding the uni transcripts and i think all of them say that you need to send a transcript when applying for registration. What i am confused about is, after reading the guidelines from NSW nmb regarding registration, it states that UK trained nurses do not need to send.... see below:

N.B. A transcript is NOT required for persons who have undertake the following programs:

• Nursing programs leading to registration in other States and Territories of Australia
• Nursing programs leading to registration or enrolment as a nurse in the United Kingdom or New Zealand.

Please can 1 of you good people who have been through the process please confirm....

my other question is:
As i only qualified last year, i still have the "Statement of Entry" that was sent to me when i registered with the NMC... is this the document that the NSW nmb require or will i still have to contact the NMC and get them to send a verification of registration directly to the nmb?

Many thanks in advance

Mark
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: uni transcript confusion !!! & reg cert question ??

Hiya Mark, be prepared to get even more confused as the process goes on
The good news is someone will always help you out on here.
As regards the need for transcripts for registration in NSW I'm afraid I cant help as I registered in WA and definitely needed transcripts for them.
I'm sure someone who registered with them will answer for you.
I needed to send the statement of entry as well as verification of registration to WA and as far as I'm aware all the states require this. You get the NMC to send your verification of registration to the ANMC for your skills assessment anyway so I would get them to sent one to NSW NMB anyway and then your covered either way. The NMC charge the same price for sending the verification to up to 5 places, think it was about £35. Hope this helps a bit.
Tracie
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Hiya Mark, be prepared to get even more confused as the process goes on
The good news is someone will always help you out on here.
As regards the need for transcripts for registration in NSW I'm afraid I cant help as I registered in WA and definitely needed transcripts for them.
I'm sure someone who registered with them will answer for you.
I needed to send the statement of entry as well as verification of registration to WA and as far as I'm aware all the states require this. You get the NMC to send your verification of registration to the ANMC for your skills assessment anyway so I would get them to sent one to NSW NMB anyway and then your covered either way. The NMC charge the same price for sending the verification to up to 5 places, think it was about £35. Hope this helps a bit.
Tracie
Hi Tracie

Thanks for the advice, i think your right about the confusion bit !! what i might do is just get the uni transcript anyway, better to send too much info than not enough (was just hoping to save myself a bit of work). Hope all is going well with your application (thats if your not there already)

Thanks again
Mark
Old Sep 25th 2006, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nurse32
Hi Tracie

Thanks for the advice, i think your right about the confusion bit !! what i might do is just get the uni transcript anyway, better to send too much info than not enough (was just hoping to save myself a bit of work). Hope all is going well with your application (thats if your not there already)

Thanks again
Mark
No probs and no we're not there yet, we go on the 5th Nov
Tracie
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Hi guy... I know there has been loads of posts regarding uni transcripts, unfotunatley, here is another ..... I have read many of these posts regarding the uni transcripts and i think all of them say that you need to send a transcript when applying for registration. What i am confused about is, after reading the guidelines from NSW nmb regarding registration, it states that UK trained nurses do not need to send.... see below:

N.B. A transcript is NOT required for persons who have undertake the following programs:

• Nursing programs leading to registration in other States and Territories of Australia
• Nursing programs leading to registration or enrolment as a nurse in the United Kingdom or New Zealand.

Please can 1 of you good people who have been through the process please confirm....

my other question is:
As i only qualified last year, i still have the "Statement of Entry" that was sent to me when i registered with the NMC... is this the document that the NSW nmb require or will i still have to contact the NMC and get them to send a verification of registration directly to the nmb?

Many thanks in advance

Mark
Hi, You will need to send in a transcript of your uni course as from the posted statement you have given unless you undertake one of the programs that NSW Nursing and Midwifery offer then you will have to give your uni transcript as proof of your qualification together with your statement of entry and your verification.

To be honest with you, it actually doesn't take that long to get the transcript, and verification anyway, and you are best sending it all rather than not and then finding out later that you should have sent it.

I got them all sent and within about a week or so, it was all done.

Where are you hoping to live/work?
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Hi, You will need to send in a transcript of your uni course as from the posted statement you have given unless you undertake one of the programs that NSW Nursing and Midwifery offer then you will have to give your uni transcript as proof of your qualification together with your statement of entry and your verification.

To be honest with you, it actually doesn't take that long to get the transcript, and verification anyway, and you are best sending it all rather than not and then finding out later that you should have sent it.

Hi Hedgehog girl

Thanks for your reply.. brother lives on the central coast so would make sense to move there. Sister-in-law works for Northern Sydney central coast health so will try and get a job with them.... Alternatively i may move to Sydney as have friends that live there, it's just a shame that it's so bloody expensive, but hey, i have no commitments (no kids or partner) so who knows?

I take it you live in Sydney (Manly)... how u finding it? I have visited Manly once and liked it very much!!!

Thanks again for your reply

Take Care

Mark
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:39 pm

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice

[

Hi Mark
I am registered with NSW NMB and did not send transcripts of my training!!! and still got registered.
I must admit the forms are very confusing!!!

Yes do both verification from Nmc and send certified copy of statement of entry!

We are also going to central coast, as soon as we sell our house!

Caz

Last edited by electricbaby; Sep 26th 2006 at 4:43 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

It took me 3 months to get my transcripts from Manchester uni !
tracie
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

It took me 3 months to get my transcripts from Manchester uni !
tracie
hi Tracie

thats not good news... i phoned gateway house today to get a copy of my transcript and they told me to write with a cheque for £20..... hope it don't take that long for mine.

good old Manchester Uni, still not getting anything right!!!!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

hi Tracie

thats not good news... i phoned gateway house today to get a copy of my transcript and they told me to write with a cheque for £20..... hope it don't take that long for mine.

good old Manchester Uni, still not getting anything right!!!!
Good luck cause as I'm sure you know Gateway House is hell!! My problem was that Gateway and the uni couldn't make up their minds which one held the transcripts for non degree nurses. I was only 12 month qualified when I was looking for them so you would think it was an easy thing to do
The person in the Uni was a great help but Gateway were useless In the end it was Gateway that held them but it took them 3 months to realise it.
Tracie
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Hi!

Manly's a great place to live...but if you want lots of buzz then I would suggest the city. I work for Northern Sydney Central Coast which has a huge hospital within that group (North Shore) but in the city there is Prince of Wales and the Prince Alfred as well as St.Vincents which are all good places to work....busy but good....

If you came to Sydney, whereabouts would you live?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Good luck cause as I'm sure you know Gateway House is hell!! My problem was that Gateway and the uni couldn't make up their minds which one held the transcripts for non degree nurses. I was only 12 month qualified when I was looking for them so you would think it was an easy thing to do
The person in the Uni was a great help but Gateway were useless In the end it was Gateway that held them but it took them 3 months to realise it.
Tracie
:scared: :scared:
No way did I expect the hated words Gateway House to be mentioned in BE!!!! Oh god there really is no getting away from the place. I qualified in June and am STILL waiting for them to send my academic transcript!! It's holding up everything.

Just to amuse you...they sent out my certificate and my graduation ceremony booklet on 26th August. Flicked through and my names actually in there. 'Phew' they haven't cocked that up at least. Checked the ceremony date. 14th July.!!!!!!! I now have to wait till December (to be confirmed!) to graduate.

Oh yes and they tried to tell me it would cost 35 quid for a transcript as they had to get it up from 'archives'. I explained that I had finished the course a fortnight previous and there's no way it would have even got to archives and the woman I spoke to just said 'Oh, OK don't bother then!!!!!'

How is that place still running?!?!?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi!

Manly's a great place to live...but if you want lots of buzz then I would suggest the city. I work for Northern Sydney Central Coast which has a huge hospital within that group (North Shore) but in the city there is Prince of Wales and the Prince Alfred as well as St.Vincents which are all good places to work....busy but good....

If you came to Sydney, whereabouts would you live?
Hi
Don't know that many places in Sydney, however i did live there for a while (about 10 years ago) and lived in Surry Hills for a time which i liked.. also lived in Glebe and Newtown..

All depends on work and money to be honest, would like to live in places like darlinghurst or paddington, but i believe they are quite expensive places to live.... If money was no option, would like to have a penthouse overlooking Sydney harbour, but thats very unlikely...in fact it's probably safe to say an impossibility.

As i now have a baby niece on the central coast (North Avoca)... my 1 and only niece, i am drawn too up there, and with my brother and sister-in-law already living there, it would make the move a bit easier (at least i have options ) Seems a long way of though as only just started the application process... How long u been there?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mooncat
:scared: :scared:
No way did I expect the hated words Gateway House to be mentioned in BE!!!! Oh god there really is no getting away from the place. I qualified in June and am STILL waiting for them to send my academic transcript!! It's holding up everything.

Just to amuse you...they sent out my certificate and my graduation ceremony booklet on 26th August. Flicked through and my names actually in there. 'Phew' they haven't cocked that up at least. Checked the ceremony date. 14th July.!!!!!!! I now have to wait till December (to be confirmed!) to graduate.

Oh yes and they tried to tell me it would cost 35 quid for a transcript as they had to get it up from 'archives'. I explained that I had finished the course a fortnight previous and there's no way it would have even got to archives and the woman I spoke to just said 'Oh, OK don't bother then!!!!!'

How is that place still running?!?!?
Hi mooncat

Congratulations on completing your training... it's a mean feat qualifying from Manchester... Gateway don't know their ass from there elbow.... where and what did u qualify in..... i done my training with BSt mental health trust... obviously in mental health nursing....
where u working now?
i no longer live in Manchester by the way... gone back to me roots in good old Essex

good luck with everything
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Hiya,

I qualified in mental health and am currently working bank shifts as a staff nurse with dementia patients in the NHS. BUT......have just accepted a job with BUPA. Not got a start date, it's the CRB and references thing.

Gateway...oh my god!!! Spoke to them today re academic transcript i requested 6 weeks ago. The secretaries in room 506 who said they had it all in hand said I would have to get in touch with archives as they now deal with all that. I could have cried. Luckily there was a very nice young man at the other end of the phone who felt sorry for me and he went away and came back and said he'd sorted it, just like that!! Can't imagine he'll be working there long, he's far too efficient!! Who was your personal tutor? Mine was Stan Duncan. Fondmemories of him?? Ha ha. What you up to in Essex?

Hi mooncat

Congratulations on completing your training... it's a mean feat qualifying from Manchester... Gateway don't know their ass from there elbow.... where and what did u qualify in..... i done my training with BSt mental health trust... obviously in mental health nursing....
where u working now?
i no longer live in Manchester by the way... gone back to me roots in good old Essex

good luck with everything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.