UK student Nurse wanting to move to USA.

Old Mar 28th 2021, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Alinurse22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK student Nurse wanting to move to USA.

Hi,
so I’m currently on break in my last year of nursing to have my baby (3rd) I’ll graduate ‘22 now. I plan on working in UK for a while for experience. I want to move to the US (FL or GA) and obv get a nursing job. I did live and work there for many years before moving back to UK my children are US citizens as is my husband, my father is too. I had my residency but never completed my citizenship before I left. I tried to get it thru my dad but couldn’t. So I have SS number etc. I would have to do residency again and then apply for citizenship when(IF) we move. I guess my question is would this help with moving to US. I know I’ll need to do NCLEX and apply for licensing in the state I move to. But can apply thru an agency still when I looking to move if I don’t require sponsorship or visa? To help with gaining employment. We are wanting to move back to be closer to family and the family here plans on retirement back in states.

thanks for any help !
Old Mar 28th 2021, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK student Nurse wanting to move to USA.

Issues are UK nurse training doesn’t meet US requirements unless you have both clinical and theory hours in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult on your transcripts.

probably better to do it yourself because it sounds like it would be easier and quicker for you to get to the US being married to a US citizen
Old Mar 28th 2021, 4:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, welcome to BE.

Might be worth posting in our US immigration section, if you had a green card before there's a chance you've still got LPR status, depending on on how long ago you left the US and any ties you've kept.

If not, then your husband will need to sponsor you for another green card.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Issues are UK nurse training doesn’t meet US requirements unless you have both clinical and theory hours in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult on your transcripts.

probably better to do it yourself because it sounds like it would be easier and quicker for you to get to the US being married to a US citizen
is there a determined number of hours needed for each? I’m doing Adult RN course known as general. I’ve been signed of for some child hours ( & theory) thru a long health visiting placement as well as midwifery. I haven’t worked in any direct mental health placements but have had theory and hours signed off as dealing with patients with all types of mental health issues (addictions etc) within my standard gen med placements.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

Might be worth posting in our US immigration section, if you had a green card before there's a chance you've still got LPR status, depending on on how long ago you left the US and any ties you've kept.

If not, then your husband will need to sponsor you for another green card.

Best of luck.
thank you I will have a look.
I have researched some info as I do have many ties to the US still and believe I can apply for my green card here before moving.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 4:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alinurse22
thank you I will have a look.
I have researched some info as I do have many ties to the US still and believe I can apply for my green card here before moving.
Yes, you can (well, your husband can apply on your behalf), but you may not need to if you've already got a green card/LPR status that is still valid. It may be that your status is now lost, but it's just worth checking that out before you go to the hassle and cost of a new application!
Old Mar 29th 2021, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alinurse22
is there a determined number of hours needed for each? I’m doing Adult RN course known as general. I’ve been signed of for some child hours ( & theory) thru a long health visiting placement as well as midwifery. I haven’t worked in any direct mental health placements but have had theory and hours signed off as dealing with patients with all types of mental health issues (addictions etc) within my standard gen med placements.
When I did it a few years ago I had over 150 clinical and theory hours but it is something that has. Show up on your transcripts