Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

UK citizen seeks help with completing the application form AGOS-40

UK citizen seeks help with completing the application form AGOS-40

Old Jan 31st 2016, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Jacmacc is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile UK citizen seeks help with completing the application form AGOS-40

I am a United Kingdom Citizen applying from the UK for general registration as an internationally qualified nurse. I am in the process of completing the registration form AGOS-40 and have encountered some questions I'm unsure how to answer. I'm hoping someone can assist me please?

Section C:
Q4.
I can only provide my current British passport as proof of identity from category A as I am following the NMBA's recommended pathway to employment in Australia for internationally qualified nurses and I haven't as yet started to apply for a visa or make travel arrangements.

Q6 & Q7:-
As I'm applying from UK this is where I currently practice from but my place of work is not my residential address (my home address, where I live). I'm uncertain what information is required here?

Q8.Do I enter my home address or place of work?

Section G
Q13
Can I submit the AGOS-40 application form prior to obtaining the service history from my current employer.
How much detail is required in my C.V? should I list all my preceptorship competencies and pre registration training?

Section H
Q17
Which pathway do I choose? I completed both primary and secondary education in the UK but only achieved a grade c in English language and do not have the certificates anymore. But I did do an access course into nursing where I gained good grades in English language.

Any help would be most appreciated
Old Jan 31st 2016, 1:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizen seeks help with completing the application form AGOS-40

Originally Posted by Jacmacc
I am a United Kingdom Citizen applying from the UK for general registration as an internationally qualified nurse. I am in the process of completing the registration form AGOS-40 and have encountered some questions I'm unsure how to answer. I'm hoping someone can assist me please?

Section C:
Q4.
I can only provide my current British passport as proof of identity from category A as I am following the NMBA's recommended pathway to employment in Australia for internationally qualified nurses and I haven't as yet started to apply for a visa or make travel arrangements.

As I'm applying from UK this is where I currently practice from but my place of work is not my residential address (my home address, where I live). I'm uncertain what information is required here?

Section G
Q13
Can I submit the AGOS-40 application form prior to obtaining the service history from my current employer.
How much detail is required in my C.V? should I list all my preceptorship competencies and pre registration training?

Section H
Q17
Which pathway do I choose? I completed both primary and secondary education in the UK but only achieved a grade c in English language and do not have the certificates anymore. But I did do an access course into nursing where I gained good grades in English language.

Any help would be most appreciated
I'll move you to our Nursing forum - I'm sure the regulars in there will know
Old Jan 31st 2016, 2:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Edit: seems I misunderstood the question

Last edited by Grayling; Jan 31st 2016 at 2:59 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 2:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Did the title of the thread change as I was replying?
Old Jan 31st 2016, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi I just quoted the title off the form 'registration for internationally qualified nurses'. I'm in the UK applying to be on the nursing register in Australia and I do have a BSc degree. I'm just having great difficulties at the first hurdle with filling in the form. Any help greatly appreciated. X
Old Jan 31st 2016, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

For reference these forms change regularly, so please write out the questions next time as what you see as Q6&7 are different from when I applied so I had to go and download a new application form.

Section C:
Q4.
This is Ok, at the end of the process you will receive a letter stating you need to present yourself in person to an AHPRA office in Australia to finalise your application. You will have 90 days by default to do this but can extend this to 12 months.

Your principal place of work is your home address, so this is the same for both 6 & 7.

Where do you want the letter to go to, work or home, that is up to you.

Section G
Q13
You want to submit the application form when you have everything to go with it, sending bits off a piece at a time will just cause delays and potentially things can get lost.

As to the CV, I took my partners normal CV, and added a simple training log of all courses completed.

Section H
Q17
Is English your primary language? GCSE grades are irrelevant, I sent certificates and transcripts from GCSE and university, although only the university element is needed.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 3:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

Did the title of the thread change as I was replying?
No, just moved the thread from Immi to Nursing, thats all.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mgreaves
For reference these forms change regularly, so please write out the questions next time as what you see as Q6&7 are different from when I applied so I had to go and download a new application form.

This is Ok, at the end of the process you will receive a letter stating you need to present yourself in person to an AHPRA office in Australia to finalise your application. You will have 90 days by default to do this but can extend this to 12 months.

Your principal place of work is your home address, so this is the same for both 6 & 7.

Where do you want the letter to go to, work or home, that is up to you.

You want to submit the application form when you have everything to go with it, sending bits off a piece at a time will just cause delays and potentially things can get lost.

As to the CV, I took my partners normal CV, and added a simple training log of all courses completed.

Is English your primary language? GCSE grades are irrelevant, I sent certificates and transcripts from GCSE and university, although only the university element is needed.

Thank you ever so much for your reply, its been a great help x
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply, I have another question please if you can help? With regards to the BSc degree I obtained in Uk in 2011, the NMBA guidelines are asking that my transcripts prove that I did pharmacology & medicines management. I know we did this as part of our nurse training but it doesn't show up in the transcripts? what do I need to do?

TA
Old Feb 1st 2016, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply, I have another question please if you can help? With regards to the BSc degree I obtained in Uk in 2011, the NMBA guidelines are asking that my transcripts prove that I did pharmacology & medicines management. I know we did this as part of our nurse training but it doesn't show up in the transcripts? what do I need to do? TA
You need to speak to university and they need to send evidence to AHPRA directly, or to yourself and then you get it certified to send with your application.
University should provide your syllabus, proof of pharmacology and clinical hours, along with your degree and transcript if you don't have these yourself. There is also a form that AHPRA provide which they may need to submit.
You will most likely have to pay for this.
All this can go direct as this is what most people do, my university sent this to me though so I had it certified and sent it with my application.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Please can I ask for some help regarding the application to register on the NMBA and the ANMAC ASSESSMENT of skills for visa requirements. The evidence required by both is the same for e.g transcripts, statement of service, letter of good standing and for both NMBA and ANMAC they ask that the information be sent direct from the university and NMC. This is duplication and I was wondering if I could get both organisations to forward to me and then I get certified copies and post myself?