Tell me there's a (nursing) heaven

Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tell me there's a (nursing) heaven

TEll me that it's true....

That nursing in Australia is full of friendly, kind nurses who enjoy life and love nursing and are kind and friendly to their colleagues. Not the bitter, miserable moaning b*tches that I come across so often in our line of work.

Please tell me that nurses there love their jobs and wouldn't do anything else.. Tell me that the stress levels and workloads are less and that the nasty playground behaviour doesn't happen.

Australian nurses are nice people aren't they? and the Brits that nurse in Oz are just as lovely as the Australian nurses...

I don't want you to tell me that the bed pans smell of violets, but I do need to know that it is a better place to nurse.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tell me there's a (nursing) heaven

Originally Posted by eddie007

That nursing in Australia is full of friendly, kind nurses who enjoy life and love nursing and are kind and friendly to their colleagues. Not the bitter, miserable moaning b*tches that I come across so often in our line of work.

Please tell me that nurses there love their jobs and wouldn't do anything else.. Tell me that the stress levels and workloads are less and that the nasty playground behaviour doesn't happen.

Australian nurses are nice people aren't they? and the Brits that nurse in Oz are just as lovely as the Australian nurses...

I don't want you to tell me that the bed pans smell of violets, but I do need to know that it is a better place to nurse.
Hopefully I will be there soon so I will let you know, however I suspect it's the same s**t different country!!!!! and slighty more sunshine
jacqui
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:40 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you think there is such a shortage?

G
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

you had a bad day then!!!!!!

well,my mate who runs a unit in townsville says 'same ol shit, nicer place'!!

debbie
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:15 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

i will be happy with that!!!!

desperate or what
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:22 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by amanda76
i will be happy with that!!!!

desperate or what
Me too! did another 18 hour shift on Tuesday!! surely they have shorter hours than that
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandi248
Me too! did another 18 hour shift on Tuesday!! surely they have shorter hours than that
Come on

You know that 18 hours is not a normal shift. It sounds like a double shift to me.

In Australia 12 hour shifts are normal in many places.

G
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:09 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
Come on

You know that 18 hours is not a normal shift. It sounds like a double shift to me.

In Australia 12 hour shifts are normal in many places.

G
No I know it's not a normal shift, neither was it a double shift. I work in theatres and part of my contract is emergency work, so my shift is 12-9 then on call from 9, so we stay until all the emergencies are done. We no longer have night shift and haven't had for a good few years. Some of us want to bring back the night shift but the higher management don't want to!! The ODP had been there from 8 in the morning so she'd done a 22 hour shift, because it's such a grey area, i.e. emergency cover it doesn't come under the European working directive!!!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

No I know it's not a normal shift, neither was it a double shift. I work in theatres and part of my contract is emergency work, so my shift is 12-9 then on call from 9, so we stay until all the emergencies are done. We no longer have night shift and haven't had for a good few years. Some of us want to bring back the night shift but the higher management don't want to!! The ODP had been there from 8 in the morning so she'd done a 22 hour shift, because it's such a grey area, i.e. emergency cover it doesn't come under the European working directive!!!
So you think it will be different in Australia....Given their nursing shortage

Same shit...different bucket.

G
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:30 pm
nursey

Originally Posted by Grayling

Same shit...different bucket.

G
Haven't you posted this "saying" somewhere else well at least the sun shines more I've also spoken to nurses who work in theatres and they cover the theatre with shifts for the full 24 hours, like they do in other hospitals here, the hospital I work in is one of the few who operate the way they do, also it's one of the few without their own trauma team, some of the regs that come here can't believe that the sames nurses cover all the different specialities including trauma, you could say that our hospital is a little antiquated (?sp) but we cover a very large area of Shropshire so the majority of the emergencies and trauma come to us, so we can be extremely busy for a "small" county hospital.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Haven't you posted this "saying" somewhere else well at least the sun shines more I've also spoken to nurses who work in theatres and they cover the theatre with shifts for the full 24 hours, like they do in other hospitals here, the hospital I work in is one of the few who operate the way they do, also it's one of the few without their own trauma team, some of the regs that come here can't believe that the sames nurses cover all the different specialities including trauma, you could say that our hospital is a little antiquated (?sp) but we cover a very large area of Shropshire so the majority of the emergencies and trauma come to us, so we can be extremely busy for a "small" county hospital.

PMd you Mandi.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:54 pm
nursey

Originally Posted by paulb
PMd you Mandi.
Have answered
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Have answered
Thanx Mandi
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Nursing varies to some degree from state to state, city to rural. You would need to find out about the actual area you are planning on settling to get the specifics.

But, nursing here is the same as the UK in that the work is hard; the money is shit; the politics are about cash not people; the back-covering paperwork is a joke; there are not enough staff to provide an adequate service; the staff whinge about work and fantasise about alternative careers; there are too many managers/pen pushers and not enough lackys.... and I could go on.

However, for me the lifestyle outside of work is worth the shit inside. I only work part-time (new for me). I don't think I could cope with full time. I also do plan to escape into research/lecturing within 2 years.

So, basically don't move here to improve your working conditions. Move to improve your lifestyle.

Rachel
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Great... perhaps we need to go on HIS trade (he is a panal beater)

Yes I had had the worst sort of day... but inspite of all you say, all the Australian nurses I have worked with have been great fun.. really nice, never met a nasty one yet....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.