Sydney at last....

Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Default Sydney at last....

Hi guys

Well we finally arrived here in sydney yesterday in the early hours of the morning. Couldnt believe how cold it felt after the heat and humidity of Singapore. Still it felt nice to be here.

Feel a little unsettled because we are staying with some friends and have a load of stuff lying around etc. Looking forward to finding our own place soon and to visiting our cats tomorrow in the quarantine station. Sorted out our bank stuff today and our new mobile phone numbers. Took the ferry from Manly wharf to circular key and wandered around the city including Darling Harbour and the Rocks. It was a beautiful day and very warm in the sun!!

Seeing the opera house was breathtaking!! We are still a little overwhelmed with everything but I think we are going to love it here. So far, everyone has been so friendly with the guy in the bank even offering to bring our cheque books to Manly as he lives there and to save us the trip back into the city...

PS Vodafone very cheap for pay as you go with an option to have 60 free text messages in 2 months and 100 minutes free talk time to another vodafone user in the same period. Needless to say we had all three mobiles changed over to the red vodafone sim card and it only cost $30

Hope to be back soon... regards
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sydney at last....

Originally posted by rumbletum
Hi guys

Well we finally arrived here in sydney yesterday in the early hours of the morning. Couldnt believe how cold it felt after the heat and humidity of Singapore. Still it felt nice to be here.

Feel a little unsettled because we are staying with some friends and have a load of stuff lying around etc. Looking forward to finding our own place soon and to visiting our cats tomorrow in the quarantine station. Sorted out our bank stuff today and our new mobile phone numbers. Took the ferry from Manly wharf to circular key and wandered around the city including Darling Harbour and the Rocks. It was a beautiful day and very warm in the sun!!

Seeing the opera house was breathtaking!! We are still a little overwhelmed with everything but I think we are going to love it here. So far, everyone has been so friendly with the guy in the bank even offering to bring our cheque books to Manly as he lives there and to save us the trip back into the city...

PS Vodafone very cheap for pay as you go with an option to have 60 free text messages in 2 months and 100 minutes free talk time to another vodafone user in the same period. Needless to say we had all three mobiles changed over to the red vodafone sim card and it only cost $30

HEY HEY!!!!!
I wondered when you'd show up!! WOW!!! It sounds great! So pleased you got there ok ... can't wait for instalment 2 !!
As you can see .. the Nursing forum is quite ... scarily quiet, so it's nice to hear from you ...

Jez
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Great to hear you have landed Heather,

I'm sure you'll soon start to feel more settled.

Good luck with it all

Primrose
Old Jun 30th 2004, 7:16 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hiya Heather

It's great to hear from you!!! I'm going to Sydney for 2 weeks in

August there is a big International conference and I'm

presenting a paper with my friend!Luckily work have paid for the

flights and registration.

Whats the weather like???? What sort of clothes will I need?

It was so nice to see your post as we are all getting fed up on

here with no news from DIMIA!

Nikki x
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney at last....

Hi guys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Heather ,glad you're all there safe and enjoying the high life. Thanks for the tip about vodafone , every little detail greatly appreciated. Try and enjoy the next few weeks - I imagine you've a lot to organise. Are you going to stay in Sydney ?
Keep posting for all us saddos back here awaiting DIMIA results.
ALL THE BEST, Tass.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Hi all you guys back in Blighty!!! Spent today on Palm Beach which is absolutely beautiful. We bought a Toyota Hilux yesterday which we are quite proud of. So we had to give it a test drive Had fish and chips sitting on the steps looking over the bay with pelicans flying overhead - gorgeous!!

Still looking for a lease property and then I will be emailing a little bit more frequently!

Regards
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Hi all you guys back in Blighty!!! Spent today on Palm Beach which is absolutely beautiful. We bought a Toyota Hilux yesterday which we are quite proud of. So we had to give it a test drive Had fish and chips sitting on the steps looking over the bay with pelicans flying overhead - gorgeous!!

Still looking for a lease property and then I will be emailing a little bit more frequently!

Regards

You're bad ... sooo bad ... You should be telling us it's raining!
Had fish and chips sitting on the steps looking over the bay with pelicans flying overhead
Bloody hell ... it's bad enough wil seagulls!

GREAT that it's all you wanted ... and that you've been sampling local cuisine so early upon arrival !
Jez
Old Jul 4th 2004, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards

Hi Heather
Good to know you're finally here. Be sure to give me a call and we can meet up sometime.
Sue
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Great news Rumbletum, just to rub it in its cold and wet in Cheshire