stupid NMC!

Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

kt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nice
Default stupid NMC!

sent my forms and cheque to NMC for varification over 2 wks ago and got a letter to say they hadnt recieved them. phoned them today and they lost the forms but have happily cashed the cheque!!! raging!!! :curse:
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: stupid NMC!

hi

they have done this to me too

cashed the cheque but 'lost' the paperwork:curse:
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi

they have done this to me too

cashed the cheque but 'lost' the paperwork:curse:
My OH is about to recieve her verification application in the next day or so fingers crossed this doesn't happen to us as well....

Must admit though when she first called in to request the application she spoke to a rather rude lady (probably the same one I've read about on other posts) who kept insisting that she has to contact the aussie state nursing board first before they can send out the app..which is nonsense! Hence to say she called the agency she has an interview with and they told her it was also rubbish, so she called again and was met this time with no challenges!

Bizzare! Makes you think why are they so obstructive?? That was the impression my OH had when she first called....I mean its £35 for them in the back pocket (i'm sure most of that is profit)....
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by jam76
My OH is about to recieve her verification application in the next day or so fingers crossed this doesn't happen to us as well....

Must admit though when she first called in to request the application she spoke to a rather rude lady (probably the same one I've read about on other posts) who kept insisting that she has to contact the aussie state nursing board first before they can send out the app..which is nonsense! Hence to say she called the agency she has an interview with and they told her it was also rubbish, so she called again and was met this time with no challenges!

Bizzare! Makes you think why are they so obstructive?? That was the impression my OH had when she first called....I mean its £35 for them in the back pocket (i'm sure most of that is profit)....
Hi,
I don't know why the NMC insist on this. When I first phoned them a lady on the other end told me the same thing. This is despite me telling her that it actually states on the ANMC form that I should get verification first. After getting no where with her I got the ANMC information and called again. This time it was a guy on the other end, he to said that I needed to contact Australia first. I then proceeded to quote the ANMC saying that they need verification first. To this he just repeated that I need to get in touch with Australia first . After deciding I wasn't getting no where fast I asked if he could send the form to me and in the mean time I'll contact Australia - he agreed to that - though I didn't bothered contacting the ANMC before I sent my form off . I did however find that once I had the form the NMC was very fast in sending verification.

As for the money I don't know why they charge so much but as far as I know the NMC is a non profit making oorganization so the money probably pays for really important NMC business - like paying for bottled water and sandwiches at their board meetings

Mark
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi,
I don't know why the NMC insist on this. When I first phoned them a lady on the other end told me the same thing. This is despite me telling her that it actually states on the ANMC form that I should get verification first. After getting no where with her I got the ANMC information and called again. This time it was a guy on the other end, he to said that I needed to contact Australia first. I then proceeded to quote the ANMC saying that they need verification first. To this he just repeated that I need to get in touch with Australia first . After deciding I wasn't getting no where fast I asked if he could send the form to me and in the mean time I'll contact Australia - he agreed to that - though I didn't bothered contacting the ANMC before I sent my form off . I did however find that once I had the form the NMC was very fast in sending verification.

As for the money I don't know why they charge so much but as far as I know the NMC is a non profit making oorganization so the money probably pays for really important NMC business - like paying for bottled water and sandwiches at their board meetings

Mark
Agreed Mark!

But them being not for profit then I'd thoroughly understand why they could take it or leave it... (the £35)

So is the NMC like the mafioso? Once ya in.. ya in for life and god help ya if you try to leave and take your skills elsewhere!