student nurse

Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Angie33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default student nurse

Hi everyone, ive recently been told that i can emigrate to Australia as soon as i have qualified. Does anyone know if this correct and how do i go about it! Completely lost with what to do, would love to get the ball rolling now, i am planning to take my partner and children with me so would appreciate any advice from people. I was told that there is a company that sorts out all your accommodation and work for you? is this right?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: student nurse

Originally Posted by Angie33
Hi everyone, ive recently been told that i can emigrate to Australia as soon as i have qualified. Does anyone know if this correct and how do i go about it! Completely lost with what to do, would love to get the ball rolling now, i am planning to take my partner and children with me so would appreciate any advice from people. I was told that there is a company that sorts out all your accommodation and work for you? is this right?
hi
not sure. you might have to have experience first - well for pr definately.
someone on here will be able to advise you anyway.
good luck.
jenny
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:41 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

I think your best bet would be to get on a graduate nurse programme and have the hospital sponsor you for a 457 temporary visa.
Have a look on the website of whatever state you want to live in. But you'll need to be prompt as these programmes fill up very quickly.
After you've been working for a while you can apply for permanent residency (If you wanted to)
Your other option is to get 12 months experience then apply for a PR visa.
Good luck.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies, ill take a look at the graduate nurse programmes they have to offer, im due to qualify next year, so ive got the time to get something sorted instead of leaving it to the last minute. Fingers crossed xx
Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:58 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Good Luck. I think alot of people seem to apply for these posts at the end of their 2nd year.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:09 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi nsw are open now for ramsey health. Queensland open again I think in July for next year. Wa opens soon for next year starts. Look on the websites for the states health. I applied for queensland this year and was lucky enough to get interview for townsville and was offered a post. I qualify in 14 weeks so very stressed about it all.

But also look at what hospitals you like and contact them and ask them about the program they offer gives you a better idea of what you are looking at as well.

Good Luck Avril
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Avril and congrats!!! This is something i really need to do, its just the getting started thats baffling me, think i need to speak to someone in person who deals with this sort of thing.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:21 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
No probs just do a graduate nurse search on google and look on the different states sites you will be fine. If you want pm me and I will help you best I can. I am mental health branch its very easy dont worry much easier than the nursing course
Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

will do thanks, when do you think the best time to apply would be?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

neviat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hie, was in the same boat , qualified as RMN in April 2009, applied for a graduate nurse programme with state hospitalS in most states and they rejected me, tried the private hospitals ( healthscope) and in no time offered me the programme on a 457, i have had several job offers from other private hospitals , so my advise would be to be open minded and do both state / private, you will not be dissapointed, good luck
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:29 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

Hi apply towards the middle of 3rd year I applied this year with queensland and have been offered for townsville hospital I also applied to ramsey health in perth when they came over and had an interview and was offered a position so just waiting for my results now to start the ball rolling on visa etc
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Erm, how about working for the organisation/country that paid you to do your training? Wonder how many prospective nurses who wanted to nurse in the UK didnt manage to get on the course due to being oversubscribed, only for all these "nurses" to move to Australia?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:45 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

Angry Re: student nurse

ermm how about giving us a job when we qualify?

I have applied to every mental health position within a 30 mile radius of my home and I have not had one interview yet and I qualify in 2 months all the have said is that they want experience how can I get that without a job? for every 20 general nurse jobs advertised I am licky if there is 1 mental health nurse so dont judge unless you know the whole picture.

Also I have worked in the uk since the age of 19 and I have served in the Army have you? I have paid my stamp and my taxes as well as serving my country and queen so dont preach I believe I am entitled to do the best for me and my 2 children especially as this country seems to only want to help those who wont help themselves. Plus I have worked on the bank whilst I have been training and completed a 37.5 hr week on the wards throughout my training with very little help from the country that "helped" "paid" for me to do the course also my husband paid his taxes etc on his very poor wage so in effect he paid for me to do the course .

So please dont preach at those of us who qualify and emigrate because you dont know the whole picture
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:03 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Post Re: student nurse

hello.
just to wish you all the best. sending some karma. my little sister is also a mental health nurse. she is on fixed contract but the nhs wont be renewing it cos they got no jobs due to budget. she now is looking at oz with me. dont worry. it the same the uk over. good luck wi your nursing career.
Lyx.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Angie33
It depends what visa you are travelling out with. If PR, you need post-graduate experience first (not sure how many years, I think it's 12 months at least). If it's a sponsored visa then it's up to your future employer whether they want to take you on as a newly qualified.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.