strange but true

Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:23 am
Just Joined

shazrmn is on a distinguished road
Default strange but true

back in the uk i am a registered psychiatric nurse. here in oz i am a division 1 nurse. told by the nursing board of victoria that to have a psychiatric endorsement i need to do a 1 year course in psychiatric nursing, despite the fact i have done 3 years. as a div 1 nurse, i am able to work in any general area, even though i havnt got the training........make sense to you????????????
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default Re: strange but true

Originally Posted by shazrmn
back in the uk i am a registered psychiatric nurse. here in oz i am a division 1 nurse. told by the nursing board of victoria that to have a psychiatric endorsement i need to do a 1 year course in psychiatric nursing, despite the fact i have done 3 years. as a div 1 nurse, i am able to work in any general area, even though i havnt got the training........make sense to you????????????
Ha ha yes that's right. and general nurses can work on psych wards without any psych training which I also find hilarious given the response I've had in the UK from RGN's when they have to come to the door of the psych unit or psych patients get transferred onto a general ward for some reason.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shazrmn

Nope... no sense whatsoever

So what are you up to? Picked up some shifts in ICU?

Seriously, the whole system is a joke. I'm also a psych nurse, and what make's me laugh the most is the general nurse's who turn up to work in psych

Trouble is the different type of training they do here in Oz- all general nursing before qualification. The nursing boards appear to be assuming we have all done it.

What are you going to do work wise?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:53 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wren
Nope... no sense whatsoever

So what are you up to? Picked up some shifts in ICU?

Seriously, the whole system is a joke. I'm also a psych nurse, and what make's me laugh the most is the general nurse's who turn up to work in psych

Trouble is the different type of training they do here in Oz- all general nursing before qualification. The nursing boards appear to be assuming we have all done it.

What are you going to do work wise?

In the olden days we did, I did psych in mine but waaay many years ago

doesnt qualify me in any way!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Originally Posted by asher
In the olden days we did, I did psych in mine but waaay many years ago

Jeez HOW old are you

doesnt qualify me in any way!!

And for the same reason's I wouldn't dream of turning up on a medical ward etc!!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:01 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wren
And for the same reason's I wouldn't dream of turning up on a medical ward etc!!!!!
I am older than dirt